Sponsored

Any Auto Start/Stop Eliminator Problems?

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've heard that some specific updates can revert back to stock tuning, but I haven't had that happen - just what I've heard. And (again, what I have heard) the fix was just a matter of making sure the module has the latest Update file via your laptop, and then re-enabling the ProCal tune again.
ok, what ive "heard" also. dont have PCs here so will have to look into a cheapo...
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was asking you the auto start/stop eliminator link in the meantime.
This I do not know - I wasn't able to get ASS to stop via Forscan on my Bronco, and I just went ahead and got ProCal rather than one of the eliminators. And very glad I did - ProCal was well worth it for all the various benefits it offers for me.

if you dont run premium, I understand the performance (HP/TORQUE) suffer, but anything else. does it affect the smoother shifting...
If you just can't get Premium for a fillup, or say someone else fills up with a tank, it won't hurt anything. But you don't want to flash this and just continue to run 87 all the time. The more aggressive tuning relies on higher octane to prevent knock. If your engine starts knocking it will derate itself (which is where it will bring your power back down), but knocking long term isn't good on an engine and will eventually damage it.

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It works just fine on 23 models - I've been running it for several months.

I don't know if it's been CARB certified for '24 models. If it's not been certified yet, it should be soon. They had it done in late January 2023 for the '23 model year.
Not the ASS deactivation feature.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

dont have PCs here so will have to look into a cheapo...
I have a $199 Walmart special I use that is probably 10 years old, it just needs to be able to run Windows and have a USB port.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not the ASS deactivation feature.
The ProCal ASS deactivation feature works just fine on my '23., along with all the other ProCal features. I don't know what to tell you.

If you are talking about either Forscan or the Amazon dongles - well, I'm not and we are talking about two different things then.

Sponsored

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a $199 Walmart special I use that is probably 10 years old, it just needs to be able to run Windows and have a USB port.
ok, cool! thanks!

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This I do not know - I wasn't able to get ASS to stop via Forscan on my Bronco, and I just went ahead and got ProCal rather than one of the eliminators. And very glad I did - ProCal was well worth it for all the various benefits it offers for me.

If you just can't get Premium for a fillup, or say someone else fills up with a tank, it won't hurt anything. But you don't want to flash this and just continue to run 87 all the time. The more aggressive tuning relies on higher octane to prevent knock. If your engine starts knocking it will derate itself (which is where it will bring your power back down), but knocking long term isn't good on an engine and will eventually damage it.
completely understood! thank you

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought the $99 USA made eliminator. Is that the good one?

whats ProCal? Even though I’ve already ordered my $99 unit.
Yes, in my opinion that's the one you should go with. I didn't want to try those Amazon versions so I also went with the Autostop Eliminator with no issues. I also have a 23 Outerbanks and didn't want to use Procal to fool my Bronco in to not using Auto start/stop. The Autostop Eliminator was kind of hard for me a non-mechanic to install but once completed it was pure bliss as someone else here stated.

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only problems I ever have is when its cold (30s and below), it cycles on and off until it gets to temps

considering its only 3 months of that roughly and 9 months of bliss, not a big deal to me
I had this exact thing happen to me and they send me a new device for free that fixed the issue.
Experiencing the same! Thanks for sharing. Reached out to the company.

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 (sold) , 2023 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is a third party link - you can get it directly via Ford as well (say, if you wanted to use your Ford Points), but it costs more that way

2.3L 2021-2023
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2023-bronco-2-3l-m-9603-b23.html

2.7L 2021-2023
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2023-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html

These are 100% authorized by Ford. They are very easy to self-install (just need a Windows laptop). If you have an ASE mechanic perform the install, it will even preserve your drivetrain warranty.

Odds are the exact same part number will work on the 2024's as soon as they have a CARB-certified flash file for it.

Once you initially register the module to the Bronco, it will be locked to that VIN forever. You do not have to leave the dongle/module installed for the tune - you can if you like, and it can act as a real-time monitor for various engine parameters (you can pick from a very long list of things to monitor). The same module is used to check/clear DTSC codes, reprogram the speedometer, recal for new gear ratios, perform some various computer resets, and revert back to stock tuning.

Having the tune installed is what sets the ASS switch to remember it's position between engine starts, along with the updated shift profiles and more aggressive throttle response.

Not all dealers will perform the installation, or they charge a significant amount to perform it. There are several threads on this forum that detail where people have had the installations done successfully if you do not want to self-install and want to keep your warranty.
Excellent explanation of the ProCal 4. Thank You!

Sponsored

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That looks like the ones I have but I bought mine direct from the auto start stop eliminator website. One is on a 22 Wildtrak and the other on a 23 Wildtrack.
Thank you. Will check the website!
Sponsored