First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't like the idea of the engine shutting down at a stoplight. The ford focus I'm renting has this, and it drives me crazy. Why doesn't Ford make this an option? Because no one would want it.
So the wifeā€™s Bronco sport does it and it drives me nuts. I would assume that it decreases the lug of your starter also..

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This ^

When I had my mustang it was get in, turn car on, flip traction control off, get into gear and go.

It became habit to just flip the button as soon as the car was on. It will be the same in the Bronco
Its the Principal! Dammit!
Paying 50k to be baby sat!
If Its Nothing to do with safety, F-em!
Commie Bastagize- Govt, control Freaks!
Hang emā€™ High!
okā€¦ Iā€™m Done.šŸ˜ šŸ¤¬šŸ¤Ŗ

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
yes!this company has a bronco sport one so Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll launch bronco sooner or later. Just wondering if any negative

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford
I contacted this company to see if/when they will have their item available for the big Bronco with the 2.7 engine. They stated they have to actually have a vehicle in their shop to build the part for it. Once they get the part built and ensure it works with the vehicle, then they can offer the item to the general public for sale.

They are only about 4 hours from me, so I will be the "guinea pig" next weekend! They said they would absolutely NOT have to cut any of my factory wires. So when y'all order one in the future, you have me to thank. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I contacted this company to see if/when they will have their item available for the big Bronco with the 2.7 engine. They stated they have to actually have a vehicle in their shop to build the part for it. Once they get the part built and ensure it works with the vehicle, then they can offer the item to the general public for sale.

They are only about 4 hours from me, so I will be the "guinea pig" next weekend! They said they would absolutely NOT have to cut any of my factory wires. So when y'all order one in the future, you have me to thank. :ROFLMAO:
Keep me updated hahahah

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

Ilmguy1234

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LionsFan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Auto start stop suddenly stopped working on my Bronco and hasn't worked in a couple of weeks. It doesn't show any error messages. Should I be happy? or worried?
I think it may have stopped working when I had my doors off for a while. But it's not working with the doors on either.

Last edited:

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Keep me updated hahahah
Update on auto stop eliminator install. Visited the shop that produces the auto stop eliminator on Saturday. This business is legit and the owner is super nice and knowledgeable. He and his wife basically quit their 9 to 5 jobs as his business starting growing.

I spent about 5 hours at his shop and he removed my lower dash, fabricated the eliminator to fit the Bronco application, installed it, and tested it many, many times with success. He then fabricated a second eliminator for himself to use as the prototype to make future units for everyone else. He then buttoned everything up, set up lights and a camera inside the Bronco, and repeated the process again. He stated the video will be on his website. Looks like a straight forward install.

I am very happy with the product and have not had any problems. As stated, this guy is legit and definitely stands behind his product. Not sure when it will be available on his website....i'm guessing a couple of weeks.

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is a button in the center of the dash to turn off the auto start/stop function. Press it after you start the Bronco. I have not sat and looked in the manual yet to see if there is a way to set it to be off all the time (instead of manually disabling every time).

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my test drive, I only had the auto stop/start kick in once. Only kicked on when I pushed hard on the brake at a light. Lighter on the pedal and it didnā€™t kick in.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is a button in the center of the dash to turn off the auto start/stop function. Press it after you start the Bronco. I have not sat and looked in the manual yet to see if there is a way to set it to be off all the time (instead of manually disabling every time).
There is no way to set the button full time from the factory.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully the lane keep assist can be turned off too. That shit drives me nuts
Sponsored