BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I swear it only drives people nuts because someone told them it should. Auto start/stop is not nearly as intrusive or annoying as the internet makes it out to be.

People should be thankful for features like start/stop for helping keep our gas vehicles on the roads.
Yes, it really is that annoying. If I was not confident that someone would make an aftermarket solution to permanently disable it, I would cancel my Bronco order over it. It is f*ing awful.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes, it really is that annoying. If I was not confident that someone would make an aftermarket solution to permanently disable it, I would cancel my Bronco order over it. It is f*ing awful.
Over react much? It's barely even noticeable.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've never driven a vehicle with this feature. Is it really that bad?
no. It has never hampered my ability to drive the car, and we have three with this function.

I am curious to see how it functions with a MT in the Bronco, that might change my opinion.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every car I've driven with AS/S, the engine turns over in less time than it takes to move my foot from the brakes to the gas.

On occasion I'll get a slight hesitation on quicker takeoffs, but I've had worse hesitation just from heat soak in my Fusion. For regular driving it's fine. Just like driving a hybrid, you get used to the engine restarting.

I mentally categorize the "as/s is hippy garbage destroying my starter" the same as "I don't need them damn ABS nanny systems" and people who refuse to aim their headlights

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This ends up being really annoying with the dongle down by your legs. Also, damaging your OBDII port is pretty awful if you were to pin it out of the way.

Most people (myself included) with the Ranger ended up going the FORSCAN route and simply turning the feature off entirely.
Hey! I was looking up the a AE015 for the bronco sport, what are the chances you think the full-size bronco I’ll use the same thing?
It seems super easy and easy to remove so the EPA Nazis don’t get you!!!

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
An absolutely annoying feature! Having to turn it off every time I start the vehicle is ridiculous. Feathering the gas at stop lights or whatever other contortions people regularly do is even MORE ridiculous. Having the A/C stop while sweltering in the Miami heat/humidity is beyond ridiculous. Ford should absolutely give buyers the ability to permanently turn off this feature, mileage ratings be damned.

Last edited:

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have one.Dont even thik about it. Push start botton hit the auto on off switch off.done
This ^

When I had my mustang it was get in, turn car on, flip traction control off, get into gear and go.

It became habit to just flip the button as soon as the car was on. It will be the same in the Bronco

Sponsored

Firedude

Big Bend
First Name
TL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, F150, F250, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey, if anyone near Fairmont, WV wants to get a free Start Stop Eliminator, contact jessica@TRLauto. All you need to do is bring your Bronco in for about 6 hours, while they build and test a Start Stop Eliminator. Of course, they will then be selling them to anyone with a Bronco who wants one.

Just curious if anyone can get a freebie, let me know.

TL

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My slobbering carburated 5.0 will drive for 1/8th mile just on the fuel in the carb bowls... they might hold a cup? I let it run to drain bowls if I have to pull the carb off for anything, I need to time it but it seems to take forever and a day to idle long enough to get that done.

An idling engine doesn't need a whole lot of gas.

I think if in the name of MPG it would take a lot of stoplights to see much of a difference.
It might be more for the CAFE benefit, which auto makers are typically desperate to improve. Even a small bump over thousands of vehicles helps, where as an individual owner might not see much if any tangible benefit.

On a manual rental car I found it annoying and yes it did sometimes cause the AC to blow less cool air. I could work around some of that, but why should I have to.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly it’s just me being weird and lazy as far as turning it off every time.

a lot of my driving is starting and stopping so hearing the motor stop and then start after 4 seconds drives me nuts.
Hard on the engine too. And starter. Mechanically speaking, this is a “feature” that will shorten the life of both.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
My F150 3.5 EB is tuned and the tuner (MPT) gave me the option to have the auto stop/start disabled. Like it never even happened.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I'd really like to disable is the seatbelt warning buzzer. Is that easily done?
Sponsored