Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

But... the FP tune (for added horsepower and torque etc. etc.....) is supose to "remember" previous settings after shut down. So the next time you start the engine the ASS - OFF is remembered and you do not have to push the button..... I believe this is the same thing that your product is doing for a lot less money..... BUT since I am going to acquire the FP tune, (yes, Lethal has a great black Friday sale on it right now) .... I do not think I will need it.
Never heard of this but validated reading https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/procal-tuner-saves-auto-start-stop-setting.73635/ and others. Thank you!

SouthEnd

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I still don't understand the hate for the auto start stop. Aside from it sounding harsh on startup I don't even realize it most of the time.
You damn sure notice it when it’s 112 degrees outside lol

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

fourdayoff

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands/sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This subject cracks me up. If this tech was developed 50 years ago everyone on here would think if you didn't use it you were nuts. I haven't heard of allot starters being replaced because of ASS. I do know while I'm sitting idling I'm getting "0" MPG and vehicles emissions are greatest while sitting at idle. Yes very different tech but I'm trying to just ignore it and get used to it, it is another challenge for my brain. I laugh when it kicks in, guess I'll bitch loud if and when I ever replace a starter due to ASS. Jim.

Sponsored

fourdayoff

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands/sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've noticed it restarts for the AC when needed. Jim.

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still don't understand the hate for the auto start stop. Aside from it sounding harsh on startup I don't even realize it most of the time.
I had thought the same and had no issue for several months with several hundred starts/stops, and had stopped disabling it, and then 2 weeks ago it left me dead in the middle of a road with no street lights, blocking traffic, and my flashers on at night. It eventually started back up and everyone wants to act like it must be something else, or I have a bad fob ,or messed something up, but honestly it just is not possible. It could have been an issue with me coming to a stop, putting it in park(should have restarted engine when shifted to park) and leaving it running while I walked away from the Bronco to talk with people about this stuck semi truck with the fob in my pocket(double honk disabled and maybe that is part of it as it has to be rare). Get back in my Bronco and lights are still on and engine is dead. Held brake down and hit the button a thousand times and tried shifting into drive twice and it was dead and I was in a ridiculously bad spot.

I popped the hood and was about to pull the battery connectors and tried one more time and it started. Trust me, it was a problem and I was blocking traffic while a semi truck was about to reverse past me in the wrong lane on an extremely narrow road, while hitting start button 100 times with brake pressed. Bronco did not say fob not present, etc. but something kept it from restarting and problem would be much nicer for these problems to never occur at night in the middle of a road and blocking traffic. It just is not worth even having that risk for me, but I think most people will think it is great until they either have an issue with it or their starter fails after several years, etc.

Last edited:

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This subject cracks me up. If this tech was developed 50 years ago everyone on here would think if you didn't use it you were nuts. I haven't heard of allot starters being replaced because of ASS. I do know while I'm sitting idling I'm getting "0" MPG and vehicles emissions are greatest while sitting at idle. Yes very different tech but I'm trying to just ignore it and get used to it, it is another challenge for my brain. I laugh when it kicks in, guess I'll bitch loud if and when I ever replace a starter due to ASS. Jim.
There have been a few threads of problems, including mine, that lots of people want to ignore. Do a search for auto stop/start left me stuck in middle of road at night with semi truck trying to backup past me in reverse.

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was nice being able to disable the start/stop in our previous '21 bronco via Forscan but unfortunately our '23 doesn't allow it. I'm not a fan of tying up the OBD2 port with the start/stop eliminator which is why I haven't purchased the aftermarket solution. I've had the ASS permanently disabled via Forscan in all my vehicles for several years up until this '23 bronco.
Yes - I am in the same spot and hoping to hear of a Forscan update where you can disable it, or put the Bronco into Sport mode every start. I have a Badlands and have not added Sport because I do not need it, but will add it if there is a way to change another Forecan code to default to it every start.

Last edited:

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can also disable ASS in Canada with the same method. Also, Mexico. Oh, and Europe.

So....everybody is freedom? 🤣
Yep but you can also go to jail for social media posts in 2 of those countries mentioned, so no that’s not FrEeDoM🤔

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread was helpful. I didn't know there was a problem with the cheaper Amazon versions and the Badlands. Looks like I want the more expensive original product.

I was waiting for the Panda Motorsports ASS Forscan update for 2023 Broncos but then I learned that when Ford pushes its OTA updates those can overwrite Forscan changes and if that happens then I'd need to pay Panda again to do the update. I have a list of other things I was going to pay Panda to change but now I'm not so sure.

Technology changes, so keep the "annoying" ASS threads coming.

dvnorton

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea if this works with the 7MT? Last I heard these worked with the auto, but not the manual ‘23’s

I ended up with Ford Performance Tune that does this as part of it - just curious if they had finally fixed it for manuals or not
Yes it does.

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1942 Ford GPW (jeep)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't really like the Pavlovian dog treatment of having to remember to push two buttons when I drive the Bronco. One to start it and one to stop the auto stop start system. So I went with this little box. It mounts under the dash to the left of the drive. It really is plug and play. https://amzn.to/3Svd1nc Unfortunately, the Amazon "store" that I got it from, currently says it is unavailable. It's been in the Bronco BB since the end of June. No issues. Well, except for the cheap tape that was to hold the box in place. It let go and it just sits there out of the way. I just remember I bought some 3m tape for another project and there's plenty lift to secure this little box.

This looks like the same thing - https://amzn.to/469nYOr and it has a 5% off coupon.

PXL_20230701_125002668(2).jpg

PXL_20230701_124609350(1).jpg

PXL_20230701_124606149(1).jpg

PXL_20230701_123843466(1).jpg

PXL_20230701_123625735(1).jpg

WI/DS

Base
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)