First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands;2015 Hellcat;2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tired of pushing the Auto Star-Stop button every time you start your vehicle, I was. The Forscan options just trick the computer in some way, but this solution from 4D Tech memorizes the last position of the switch and automatically turns it off for you. Just like you pushing the button every time you start your vehicle. A much better solution IMO and the install was about 20-25 minutes just like their install video. I would definitely recommend. I also put the OBD2 port version in my older F-150 and it works great there as well.

Sponsored

Gump

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Advanced, Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tired of pushing the Auto Star-Stop button every time you start your vehicle, I was. The Forscan options just trick the computer in some way, but this solution from 4D Tech memorizes the last position of the switch and automatically turns it off for you. Just like you pushing the button every time you start your vehicle. A much better solution IMO and the install was about 20-25 minutes just like their install video. I would definitely recommend. I also put the OBD2 port version in my older F-150 and it works great there as well.

I don’t think FORScan “tricks the computer in some way”; it literally disables auto start/stop from activating, native in the system with no trickery, and no action required by the user while using the vehicle.

It’s ironic you accuse FORScan of “tricking the computer in some way”, because it looks like that solution from 4D Tech literally does that.

The only difference is, Disabling auto start/stop via FORScan doesn’t require a hardware install and is instead done natively in the system.

What am I missing?

OP
OP
Bad To The Stone

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think FORScan “tricks the computer in some way”; it literally disables auto start/stop from activating, native in the system with no trickery, and no action required by the user while using the vehicle.

It’s ironic you accuse FORScan of “tricking the computer in some way”, because it looks like that solution from 4D Tech literally does that.

The only difference is, Disabling auto start/stop via FORScan doesn’t require a hardware install and is instead done natively in the system.

What am I missing?
I am no Forscan expert so won’t argue with you. I have used Forscan for other mods and like it. From what I read about the Forscan solutions regarding the Auto Start-Stop on the older vehicles pre 2017 I believe they are modifying the smart charging and for the newer vehicles it is the wheel being turned. I saw it in a few places and took it for good information and chose to go this route. This is just pushing the button for you every time and not re-programming anything. I liked it better and thought I would share. May not be the go to for others. Just another option out there.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a bad solution at all. Personally, I'd recommend folks save those pennies towards the FPP tune which also sets auto start/stop to remember its last known setting. Nice instructional video!

OP
OP
Bad To The Stone

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a bad solution at all. Personally, I'd recommend folks save those pennies towards the FPP tune which also sets auto start/stop to remember its last known setting. Nice instructional video!
Cool, thanks for pointing out other options. Glad you liked the vid.
Sponsored