First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought I could live with this - after all, the Bronco asks you if you want to return to Sport mode when you start it back up. But half the time I'd be doing something and miss the prompt, and not remember until I get to the first stop sign.

It seems a simple thing to just hit a button, or just turn a dial when you start it up - but I spent a lot of money on this thing, I'd like it to work the way I want it to work.
I’m looking for a fix on forscan that will leave it in the last mode used with out the confirming prompt
Sponsored

Paughco

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Snoqualmie Valley, Washington, USA, Planet Earth
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150 XLT and 2022 Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed the ASS Eliminator on my '22 Mall Crawler (OBX) right after the Redline hood struts. I used this 1Five1 Garage video for guidance. Easy install. Zero problems. Only time I've driven without since the install was on my way home from my first oil change at Pierre Ford Service Center. I had turned it off going in and forgot to turn it back on as I drove away. My Bronco felt a bit strange leaving stop lights on Lake City Way, but everything was good again once I pushed the correct button to turn it on again. If I were to get another Bronco, I'd install the ASS Eliminator in a heartbeat.

Seeya
ATB

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just installed my Christmas present. Best thing ever!

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I personally do not hate it, but mechanically I distrust it.... I would like to keep oil flowing through my turbos even while sitting at a stop light... I know Ford put it there and the motor will be fine. I call BS.... Ford put it there trying their best to look good to the government CAFE requirements... even though Trucks and SUVs do not count in the CAFE numbers.... That is why all the manufacturers are completely eliminating the manufacture of cars and making SUVs and trucks only, it is a loop hole.... but I digress and am getting off point.... I want oil flowing in my turbos, having worked as a mechanic, although long ago, I believe they will stay cooler and last longer.
Trucks and subs do count toward CAFE especially since ford only makes 1 car in the USA now

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know why everybody has to give their commentary on these forums???

Here is what you want: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BG2L8GJZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1.

I too have it, and it works seamlessly.
Has anyone used the model from the Amazon link above on a badlands? The description says that it doesn’t work on that model. I’ve got a badlands and would be interested to know if anyone with a badlands has gotten this one to work?

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is now the fifth vehicle I have owned with auto start stop. Three Fords and two Lincolns. There have been no problems with any of their starters, etc. I think it's a lot of worry about nothing.

But, hey, I'm all about personal choice and personal responsibility, so if you want to use the eliminator, by all means do so. It's not gonna hurt my feelings either way. Probably not gonna hurt the truck, either.

BUT - I'm not sure I'd trust the one that plugs into the OBD port. I have one vehicle with a shorted out OBD port probably from something a mechanic plugged into it. Strangely, the vehicle still runs and drives perfectly, so I'm leaving it alone for now.

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Oilman

Outer Banks
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 outer bank 4door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2015 Porsche Panamera GTS I know it’s older but when you press the button it stays pressed even the next start why can’t we make our own decision on whether it stays on or off. This is nothing more than governmental control on a very small scale.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should ALWAYS put the trans in neutral at a stop and take your foot off the clutch. Not doing so is a good way to burn up a pilot bushing/bearing.
This argument is as old as Methuselah. I'm in the group that says " why would you want to sit there in gear having to keep your foot to the floor?" The only reason would be if you're worried about being rear ended and you want to be able to make a quick getaway. If you're paying attention in your rearview, you should be able to get it in gear and go almost as quickly. If you're worried about getting honked at because you didn't get away from the light fast enough for someone, you worry too much.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One other thing I noticed is that my newly installed fog lights do dim noticeably on restart. Not sure of the implications about that, if it’s bad for switch etc. but it did make me wonder. I installed my fog lights to the factory dash switch so it may not be the best amp match too.
Sponsored