Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually the backup camera was due to people backing up things/other people in the dead spot you have from a rearview mirror.

There was a case where a person backed up over their daughter/sister in the driveway because she was so close the door that they couldn't see them when they backed out (I think they where laying in the sun or something like that). I think this was one of a few cases that mandated backup cameras.

The check backseat thing is incredibly stupid, but there was a case locally where a baby died from someone not checking. I'm sure adding a reminder to the dash when you shut the car off didn't cost that much.

Shit happens-if it saves someone's life its worth it.
The check backseat is annoying - but it's also easily disabled through the main screen, which makes me think it's not a regulation, unlike the stop/start re-engaging every start so that it's not a defeat device.
Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know a lot of you really don't like this feature, but there is a button on the dash to turn it off. It is below the screen and in the middle of the upper controls, to the right of the volume knob. I think the second button to the right of the volume.
A button you have to hit every time you start the vehicle so Ford can get EPA emissions credits.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone noticed that their Auto Stop/Start has stopped working? I got my Bronco on 11/4 and it was working. The other day I noticed that when the vehicle was stopped, it was no longer cutting off. The little light in the instrament panel comes on when I'm stopped but it is greyed out. The same behavior as if it was disabled via Forscan. The only thing I was have done was wire up lights in the bumper to the AUX switches last thursday. I think I noticed the change on Saturday. I'm not really complaining about it, but I would like to know what caused the change.
After 18 months of ownership, my Wife's Transit Connect Van; the auto/stop/start feature stopped working. She also had a "bang" in the transmission. Ford Dealer could not find anything wrong, no codes, nor how to fix the auto feature. They sent a message to Ford Tech....that was 45 days ago and no response from Ford. So I guess.....nobody knows how to fix it.

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Read the Manual. There are preset scenarios that may or may not change how your vehicle behaves.

4178EE3E-8CA0-4641-809F-C1C690401354.jpeg
Yeah ok, I get this. I just thought it was odd that it triggered to come on based on the indicator but the it didn't and the indicator was no green but grey. Again as though disable via forscan. I'll keep a watch out for these scenarios to see if the grey indicator comes up.

Cabronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I second what a lot of people are saying here, it's actually not that noticeable. I was able to test drive a Wildtrack for a few hours, and for a while I had forgotten it had this feature, it was that seamless. I have a 2019 RDX, which up to this point was the most seamless start/stop system I had driven, and the Bronco is way better. I know we're not supposed to worry about MPG on these types of cars, but gas is starting to get more expensive, so it helps to save a few bucks

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know a lot of you really don't like this feature, but there is a button on the dash to turn it off. It is below the screen and in the middle of the upper controls, to the right of the volume knob. I think the second button to the right of the volume.
That's clearly too much for so many on these forums.

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's clearly too much for so many on these forums.
I actually don't mind the feature as the restart is very smooth. It was more noticeable in my 2019 Raptor so i disabled it using forscan. I think I will just leave it alone in the Bronco. :)

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the auto Start/Stop feature as well, but with the manual trans, it is super seamless. The vehicle shuts down when stopped, and immediately starts when I begin to engage the clutch. Before I shift and am ready to move forward, the vehicle is started and ready to go...no lag.

I cant speak to how it functions with the automatic trans, but super easy with the manual trans.
This.
With all of the b!tch!ng and moaning about it on here I was ready to shut it off before I even got my rig.
With the MT it's so seamless I'm not going to bother.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope....our government has the automakers making our tailights DRLs as well. I'm fine with that. But our policies typically follow yours.

Your comment about the beer is wrong as well. So far there isn't even an agreed upon plan for how the bill will play out.

I'm certainly not disagreeing with your disdain for it....just the reasoning and the technology behind it. I'm wary of bills like this too. I really don't want Big Brother pulling my car over for fuckin' around a back road at night but I'm certainly OK with finding ways to remove drunk drivers from the roads. Remains to be seen what the implementations are.
Sounds like we agree more than disagree. Less drunk driving is something everyone can agree with. And enough Big Brother. But this is law now in the US and does have absolutes. From the bill that is now law. Read it carefully.

“To ensure the prevention of alcohol-impaired driving fatalities, advanced drunk and impaired driving prevention technology must be standard equipment in all new passenger motor vehicles,” the bill states.

They’re asking for the impossible or just foreshadowing the tech oligarchs dream of completely autonomous vehicles mandated. How the eff does Ford or any other manufacturer “ensure the prevention of alcohol impaired driving fatalities…” And where’s the language on technology detecting marijuana if we’re so concerned. Wonder why that’s missing? How bout requirements for texting? Where does it end. A cheeseburger stall maybe…ha!

From the lobbyists that wrote the law they lobbied for:

“We are not talking about Breathalyzers, we are not talking about ignition interlocks – those are punitive measures,” Manning told The Post.

“Sensors can measure blood alcohol content by touch on a steering wheel or by “ambient air” in the car”,she added.

The last paragraph validates my point about beer at dinner. Those that lobbied for the law spend a lot of money to get what they want. They usually do. And God bless em. I’m against drunk driving too, but this the wrong way to solve this particular issue. Very Minority Reportish.

FWIW The law also requires auto manufacturers to install alarms to detect occupants in the back seat. That’s great! But the Bronco does that already and so do other vehicles. The market figured it out without a law.

A responsible Cheers to you!

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Please stop with the dramatic "interpretations". Here is the wording: Under the mandate, the safety equipment must “passively monitor the performance of a driver of a motor vehicle to accurately identify whether that driver may be impaired” and “prevent or limit motor vehicle operation if an impairment is detected.” Congress gave the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration three years to issue a final rule for the safety devices, which the bill said would give automakers adequate time to comply with the measure. THAT ALL.
It’s law. Read your own post sir. We’re not talking about time to implement here. We’re talking about the language of the law which matters. It’s how we decide the application of law in this country. I know that’s a surprise to some. I made a comment about having beer with dinner and a car knowing you’ve drank a beer. Based on the LAW please tell me how that’s dramatic or hyperbole.

And you left this out.

“To ensure the prevention of alcohol-impaired driving fatalities, advanced drunk and impaired driving prevention technology must be standard equipment in all new passenger motor vehicles,” the bill states.

Sponsored

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Auto Stop Start is probably the biggest customer dissatisfaction feature in automotive history.
I would rate it behind the feature that required your seatbelt to be fastened before allowing the car to be started. This was in an era when seatbelt wearing was just beginning to be legislatively mandated. Lifting your butt off the seat would defeat this early nanny device though.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like we agree more than disagree. Less drunk driving is something everyone can agree with. And enough Big Brother. But this is law now in the US and does have absolutes. From the bill that is now law. Read it carefully.

They’re asking for the impossible or just foreshadowing the tech oligarchs dream of completely autonomous vehicles mandated. How the eff does Ford or any other manufacturer “ensure the prevention of alcohol impaired driving fatalities…” And where’s the language on technology detecting marijuana if we’re so concerned. Wonder why that’s missing? How bout requirements for texting? Where does it end. A cheeseburger stall maybe…ha!

From the lobbyists that wrote the law they lobbied for:

“We are not talking about Breathalyzers, we are not talking about ignition interlocks – those are punitive measures,” Manning told The Post.

“Sensors can measure blood alcohol content by touch on a steering wheel or by “ambient air” in the car”,she added.

The last paragraph validates my point about beer at dinner. Those that lobbied for the law spend a lot of money to get what they want. They usually do. And God bless em. I’m against drunk driving too, but this the wrong way to solve this particular issue. Very Minority Reportish.

FWIW The law also requires auto manufacturers to install alarms to detect occupants in the back seat. That’s great! But the Bronco does that already and so do other vehicles. The market figured it out without a law.

A responsible Cheers to you!
We probably do.

But...“Sensors can measure blood alcohol content by touch on a steering wheel or by “ambient air” in the car”,she added.

This is where I had issues with the "one beer" thing. You can defeat the steering wheel by wearing gloves. Measuring ambient air means no driving drunk people home. They'll have to drive their pre-2025 car home themselves. The technology isn't there despite what a lobbyist wants. They can't lobby things into existence. Ha.

I'll be honest, I haven't read the whole bill, and likely won't. But are they working towards interlocks for a BAC of 0%?

I'm not so worried about one beer. Yet....

Does a single American beer even have enough alcohol in it anyway? ;)

Anyway....we're way off topic here. Ha. I'll enjoy driving my brand new Tacoma that doesn't shut off at red lights to the brewery now.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have tried a few cars with auto start/stop and as the technology matures they do seem to be getting better. The first one I drove was a 2013 Malibu, the auto start/stop was so bad, I wanted to crumple that car up into a ball and throw it in the garbage. I will see how the Bronco handles it before I decide on whether to disable it.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
and, there is another consideration. Programmed in to this is not only voltage checks, but also start-up engine temperature. I noticed that it only starts working if the engine warmed up to a certain minimum. If you are doing short trips, it may not begin to auto start/stop because of this.

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can also bypass it by moving the brake pedal as you come to a stop. I have done it several times on mine.
Sponsored