Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
PXL_20211027_232612951.jpg

My question here is, if this is truly a 2.0 then why move the 1.0 production label to it? Did they just apply some kind of primer to the old one on 9/16 and call it 2.0?
I was wondering what ATN (Dave) was implying when he said there was no MIC 2.0, now I know what he was saying... it's clear as day now.

That is all you need to know right there. Proof that there is NO MIC 2.0, just some bullshit sprayed on top to prevent it from snakeskinning. Thank you... They didn't move the label. They likely were having difficulty getting it off and said, "f it, next top is already here".

So my shit has been sitting at Dirt Mountain waiting for them to spray it with some bullshit primer??? F' this noise. Ford thinks that they are slick passing this shit off.

@Ford Motor Company, explain this?!? Send this up to Dirty Mike and the crew... the secret is out.

Last edited:

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was wondering what ATN (Dave) was implying when he said there was no MIC 2.0, now I know what he was saying... it's clear as day now.

That is all you need to know right there. Proof that there is NO MIC 2.0, just some bullshit sprayed on top to prevent it from snakeskinning. Thank you... They didn't move the label. They likely were having difficulty getting it off and said, "f it, next top is already here".

So my shit has been sitting at Dirt Mountain waiting for them to spray it with some bullshit primer??? F' this noise. Ford thinks that they are slick passing this shit off.

@Ford Motor Company, explain this?!? Send this up to Dirty Mike and the crew... the secret is out.
Spraying a primer on is all they have done to at least some of the MIC tops. Maybe there truly is a MIC 2.0 maybe not. My sons 2DR is at the dealer and will be picked up on 11/5. His Blend was 07/13. If his has the two stickers indicating that the top was manufactured on a date earlier than 08/12 and then sprayed with a primer coat to cosmetically hide the delamination it will be brought up to the dealer that a new roof will be required.
This is Ford putting lipstick on the pig to make their numbers for their quarter. They needed to get these off the mountain!

Last edited:

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, my MIC top delivered on 10/15/21 is improved, but still has the unsealed edge on the rear portion of the clamshell. That being said, Iā€™m glad to have it. I will let my dealer know with pics and if it becomes an issue by coming apart, will have it replaced.

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 6B8226A9-870B-469F-8CBD-34F66EE2AB00

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope you are one of those people who get frustrated enough to move on and buy a different product. For you and the others on this thread who think some social media campaign is going to resolve what is not a problem is inconsiderate of us fellow Bronco customers who want their Bronco with a hard top.

No one on this thread has offered ANY proof that the deviations in appearance of the seams is truly a functional problem that will prevent the MIC top from meeting the requirements of its design goals. The issue is only cosmetic at this point. Prospective (2-door) Bronco owners such as me are willing to accept the REST of the vehicle with all the other potential flaws it may have and work any and all design and workmanship issues with their vehicles through the warranty process.

I don't think a few instances of MIC top seam pics showing rough edges on an incredibly small sample of delivered Broncos warrants a social media campaign to bring down Ford to its knees and force prospective owners to accept your solution of being delivered a Bronco 2-door with a soft top.

Until any of you post proof that the seam appearance inconsistencies ARE an actual quality problem that makes the MIC top not fit for use, why not just keep your mouths shut on something you actually don't know what you are talking about and let the rest of us holders get their trucks and deal with any potential quality issues directly with Ford through their dealership.
Did Dirty Mike hire you? Because if he hasn't, he should!

That's an excellent defense of this problem and really shows how Ford is the true victim of what is nothing but a smear campaign.

I doubt Ford is going to re-open Dirt Mountain for MIC tops, they would rather choke on a bag of dicks at this point.

Mind you, I suggested that Ford release the 2 doors months ago and was routinely flamed for it. So I agree with you in that re-opening the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex is not in anyone's interest.

Sponsored

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's what I find amusing. Go find a 3rd thru 5th gen Bronco and look at the clamshell top. As I remember the tops, they are thick, heavy chopped molded fiberglass and a PIA to remove and store. Back in the day He-men (i.e. stalky, non-hair bun wearing dudes) would just pull the top and leave it the shed or on the ground with a tarp over it. LOL.

Jump now to 2021 and we are supposed to expect some space-age, beyond carbon fiber lightweight material that is beautiful, impervious to the elements, and seals against hurricanes while being easy to remove and store. All at a starting price of $30K.

Got it. What a joke.
Paid under 35K and have a top that's impervious to the elements and removable by one person.

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 20210514_171030

The Wrangler was the target for the Bronco, so yeah, they should be able to manufacture viable top in that price range.

these mic top photos always put this image in my mind...
Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days CU7Blz0XAAAlnzB

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe it is but Jeep isn't having this problem with their hard top supplier (Quadratec?) are they? Maybe Ford should take a page outta their book.
Quadratec is a retailer not a manufacturer. I just searched to try to find out who makes Jeep hard tops and couldn't find anything. There have been a few instances of the black finish peeling or chipping away on the Jeep hardtops. But nothing to the extent we see here. Even when the JL and Gladiator first came out there was nothing like this. And they were brand new designs. Maybe Ford needs to look into who does Jeep hard top manufacturing.

RogueAce70

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope you are one of those people who get frustrated enough to move on and buy a different product. For you and the others on this thread who think some social media campaign is going to resolve what is not a problem is inconsiderate of us fellow Bronco customers who want their Bronco with a hard top.

No one on this thread has offered ANY proof that the deviations in appearance of the seams is truly a functional problem that will prevent the MIC top from meeting the requirements of its design goals. The issue is only cosmetic at this point. Prospective (2-door) Bronco owners such as me are willing to accept the REST of the vehicle with all the other potential flaws it may have and work any and all design and workmanship issues with their vehicles through the warranty process.

I don't think a few instances of MIC top seam pics showing rough edges on an incredibly small sample of delivered Broncos warrants a social media campaign to bring down Ford to its knees and force prospective owners to accept your solution of being delivered a Bronco 2-door with a soft top.

Until any of you post proof that the seam appearance inconsistencies ARE an actual quality problem that makes the MIC top not fit for use, why not just keep your mouths shut on something you actually don't know what you are talking about and let the rest of us holders get their trucks and deal with any potential quality issues directly with Ford through their dealership.
You obviously donā€™t understand the meaning of ā€œIfā€ & you just want to be an ass on here!! Have a good day!!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've posted a couple times along with this topic and that I recently bought a 2015 Wrangler and I'm really impressed with the top. It's been through rainstorms car washes, hell I even pressure wash it and nothing, not a single drop of water inside.

Now of course there's the design problem when you open the door and the rain gutter dumps a bunch of water into the floor, but when it comes to the top and it's ability to seal... They got it down....No split seems, no honeycomb, and no leaking. And that's on a vehicle that was built almost 8 years ago!

Traillme

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My feeling is that Ford should start offering a no top or Bimini only option for their Bronco builds. They can deliver them in plastic wrap. We can get our Broncos faster, save a little bit of cash on the front end, and then splurge a little more on an aftermarket solution that meets our needs - whoā€™s with me?

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My feeling is that Ford should start offering a no top or Bimini only option for their Bronco builds. They can deliver them in plastic wrap. We can get our Broncos faster, save a little bit of cash on the front end, and then splurge a little more on an aftermarket solution that meets our needs - whoā€™s with me?
Not me.....

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't think, based on the information currently available, there is a quality issue with the MIC.
A separation in the layers of an exposed edge of a lamination isn't a quality issue in your opinion?

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Brother I know you want your truck but at some point youā€™re going to need a top. I know this sucks.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Updated photo from this AM. My hands aren't Samsquatch in real life, that's just the zoom level. You can see the fuzzy look on the edge, and that wasn't there when I picked it up 5 days ago. You REALLY have to be looking for it though.

Bad news, folks. This is a MIC 2.0 top built 10/1, delivered 4 days ago.

Top looked excellent at pickup. Did not notice any issues.. 4 days later, I notice I can see the old issue returning. Have not notified Ford yet.

Check your MIC tops CLOSELY on the rearmost panel by the windows. Appears to be pulling apart a bit.

I'll have a lot more photos and any other misc info coming shortly.

There is also slight honeycombing.

Edited for brevity.

Updated with some photos posted later in thread by @AJ_West_

Hi there, Thomas! Please send us a private message with your Bronco's VIN and current mileage, I'd like to assist with this issue you're experiencing. Thanks!

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs