indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't think the two tone roof option was available yet. It was going to be called the Oxford Shoes edition.
Actually the lighter color mid-panel is designed to keep back seat passengers cooler by reflecting away more heat. It's a feature added due to all the persons who were complaining about rear seat air-condition ducts. ;)
Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did Webasto lose the contract for MIC tops? I don't think so; the MIC tops are still being manufactured in Webasto's Michigan production facility. It's been reported Ford switched suppliers for the Modular top, which is not yet in production. It's been reported Ford/Webasto is opening a second MIC production facility.

The only serious issue is the rate of MIC top production that is not meeting orders demand.
They lost the contract and their ass. Ford probably owns them by now. As much as some people want this problem to just go away, itā€™s not going anywhere.

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While not ideal, what is everyone doing with their Broncos that they're so so worried what the plastic top looks like?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think you may have hit the nail on the head Zachary. It falls in the category "You get what you pay for".
I think we ent through this logic before:
Jeep steps from vinyl softie to hard top
Bronco steps from canvas softie to hard top +$695
Jeepā€™s canvas softie costs more than itā€™s vinyl +$595

Actual apples to apples = $1545 - $595 - $695 = $255

i.e., the Jeep black hardtop on cost $255 more than the Bronco hardtop option when added in place of a canvas top.

Sponsored

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While not ideal, what is everyone doing with their Broncos that they're so so worried what the plastic top looks like?
It's not really so much what I'm gonna do with it, but failing to meet some basic expectations of QC for a vehicle at this price

BuckyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not really so much what I'm gonna do with it, but failing to meet some basic expectations of QC for a vehicle at this price
I guess? But it's a plastic removable roof that's a $700 option, so I'm reasonably sure that's not where the cost of the vehicle is centered.

brettf22

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picking up my Bronco as we speak. More top QC issues, but at least not directly related to the construction of the top.

They forgot to put sound deadening on one of my panels. Now I get to look at a lovely orange spray paint mark until I can get a dealer to address.

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 41F4D7D0-E8C2-4DE2-AB00-DE7AC5657953

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All true... sort of. My position from day 1 has been that it is the ugliest, most useless, unable to bear wait hardtop on any off road vehicle I've seen. I'll hold on to that $695, buy some Bitcoin with it, double my money, and put it towards a hardtop that I actually want when it becomes available. Might take one to two years but so will most reservation holders Broncos.

But the fact is it costs you today (or the day you take delivery) an extra $695 for the MIC. $3K later delivered is pure speculation, but yes shipping to you or your dealer will more than likely double the cost. My hunch however is that Ford will be doing damage control and subsidizing some of those costs for PR purposes. Not to mention if someone has a hardon for a crappy MIC 1.0 or 2.0 I'm sure Ebay or Craigslist will come to the rescue at very reasonable prices.
I would agree except Ford doing any damage control...so far they've been more than totally tone deaf to the myriad of on-going clusterfucks & especially the open contempt for reservationists by Lavine.....

Last edited:

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picking up my Bronco as we speak. More top QC issues, but at least not directly related to the construction of the top.

They forgot to put sound deadening on one of my panels. Now I get to look at a lovely orange spray paint mark until I can get a dealer to address.

Ford Bronco Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days 41F4D7D0-E8C2-4DE2-AB00-DE7AC5657953
why oh why did I click on this thread again?! Got my build week yesterday and this sh*t just drives me crazy. $60K (more than my first house), and this is what I have to look forward to?

Sorry for this, and hope they get this resolved ASAP!

Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

41F4D7D0-E8C2-4DE2-AB00-DE7AC5657953.jpeg
cutouts look horrible like someone cut it with scissors and that orange spray paint... :sick::mad:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

why oh why did I click on this thread again?! Got my build week yesterday and this sh*t just drives me crazy. $60K (more than my first house), and this is what I have to look forward to?

Sorry for this, and hope they get this resolved ASAP!
$37.6 K and still more than my first house.

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're not even trying at this point.
what a great way to sum this up in a few words. A while back Jeep Execs were already making fun of Bronco tops, and this was their reaction to never let that embarrassment happen again.

I don't have twitter (and as some of you know am NO fan of Levine), but this thread and these pics need to be sent and sent again.

And yeah for those of you who want this brushed under the rug so you can still get your Bronco, I am sorry. My Bronco is scheduled to be built the week of my birthday and I would still rather see them actually address this instead of sending me something like this.
Sponsored