Sponsored

Badlands Non-SAS - Your Thoughts & Pics?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about the 4.46 vs 4.7 gearing though? I’m tempted to downgrade to a Base SAS to save money but going all in means I also get the 360 cameras and a huge screen for apple CarPlay.
As @DaveInSA mentioned, manual comes with 4.70 gearing standard (which is why Sasquatch on a manual makes no sense). Automatic is 4.46 standard.

But I was responding to @Last toy who mentioned he wanted the crash bars. If you want the crash bars you aren't going to be able to run 35" tires... max you'll be able to do is 33" maybe some 34" tires. And if you are running those tire sizes you don't need the 4.70 gearing on a 10-speed transmission, it just doesn't make any sense.
Sponsored

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After living with it for almost 9 months, I wouldn't change a thing. The 33's are plenty big for me.
Ford Bronco Badlands Non-SAS - Your Thoughts & Pics? Assembly Line Photo

Moto36

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 f150 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non sas for me is perfect I had new wheels waiting for it so no need to pay more for plain factory wheels and change them.
I parked next to bad sas and no noticeable height difference

BadlandsJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm happy with my 33s. I thought about 33s vs 35s more than any other option, and came to the conclusion the the only reason to get 35s were for the cool look. For all other practical reasons, especially on a daily driver (unless you're seriously offroading) the 33s were the better option. When I look at other Broncos, I feel like the "32s" on the Outer Banks are too small, the 35s tires are "big, but not too big" and the 33s on the Badlands are the "normal" size that fits the vehicle just right... they look neither too big or too small, if that makes sense.

Also, I'll tell you I'm 6'1" with longish legs (33-34 inseam) and I still have to step up in to, and "slide out" of the vehicle. My mom can't get in without my help.

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about the 4.46 vs 4.7 gearing though? I’m tempted to downgrade to a Base SAS to save money but going all in means I also get the 360 cameras and a huge screen for apple CarPlay.
.24 difference in gearing means literally ZERO to me. And I'm not sure it should mean anything to anyone else, either.

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh no! Metric Dollars!

Look out, everyone!
WTF is a kilometre!?

We spend 1.5x as much and only get half as much for the value… sad times all around

Sants

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Highlander, Prius (I know, I know)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The non SAS Badlands wheels and tires are really nice.. Granted I had the optional bead lock wheels. I think the tires are a little better than the SAS ones. And I actually like the beauty rings on the non-SAS better than the SAS ones. But that can be fixed with powder coating.

Buuuut I went to the SAS wheels and tires personally :)

I'm seriously considering ordering another Bronco to replace this one with. I'd really like the Lux package and automatic for the nifty off-road gizmos that manual can't do. If I do I'll be starting with the SAS package.
Switching from non SAS wheels & tires to SAS wheels tires is just swapping them in, but that slight different in suspension bugs me a little.
Course if Ford Performance ever releases their lift then any suspension difference would be mute as I fully plan to go to it as soon as I can. (unless I swap to a wildtrak with hoss 3.0...)
I did the same! I have obsessed over this for a while. I really like it both ways. There is something really nice about the stock non-sasquatch badlands. My original order was sasquatch which I’m still waiting on. I did order the sas fender flares but had to send them back because the distributor just threw them in the box and they were all scratched up. New set should be here next week but I really like the look without them.

Ford Bronco Badlands Non-SAS - Your Thoughts & Pics? F73BFEF4-4B62-4FFA-A31A-1CF1864729D5
Ford Bronco Badlands Non-SAS - Your Thoughts & Pics? CC76B9B4-7AF5-438C-9AB8-0D793EA8B2B6
Ford Bronco Badlands Non-SAS - Your Thoughts & Pics? 4366494B-1DA5-4D7D-85D2-A8EEEF33F104

Sants

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...especially with an automatic (the torque converter will do the work)!
I really can’t tell a difference in mine honestly. Went from 33 to stock sasquatch wheels and tires.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the same! I have obsessed over this for a while. I really like it both ways. There is something really nice about the stock non-sasquatch badlands. My original order was sasquatch which I’m still waiting on. I did order the sas fender flares but had to send them back because the distributor just threw them in the box and they were all scratched up. New set should be here next week but I really like the look without them.

Ford Bronco Badlands Non-SAS - Your Thoughts & Pics? 4366494B-1DA5-4D7D-85D2-A8EEEF33F104
I didn't mind the look without the SAS flares. Just a little bit of poke. But I didn't like the crud being thrown up against the car (and in the window if it was down) with the regular flares and sas tires. So I ordered the SAS flares direct from Ford accessories with the 20% off coupon. Best price considering the $7 shipping. One of them has a small mark on it, but not bad enough for me to return.

SAS wheels/tires, standard flares:

Ford Bronco Badlands Non-SAS - Your Thoughts & Pics? 1658177801185

Sants

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't mind the look without the SAS flares. Just a little bit of poke. But I didn't like the crud being thrown up against the car (and in the window if it was down) with the regular flares and sas tires. So I ordered the SAS flares direct from Ford accessories with the 20% off coupon. Best price considering the $7 shipping. One of them has a small mark on it, but not bad enough for me to return.

SAS wheels/tires, standard flares:

Agree!

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Decent picture of a non-sas badlands on the Left and my Sas Badlands on the Right. Really not a major difference but it is a small lift and bigger tires from the factory with a warranty so that's the benefit of adding the sasquatch pkg.
Love the look and how Area 51 looks at night

Mirunner

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 or 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Badlands Non-SAS - Your Thoughts & Pics? 1658178667694

I love my badlands non sas. Eventually I may add a 2 inch lift with 35's, but right now it is perfect for what I need. Plus it also fits in my garage, so thats a plus!

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my non-sas Badlands with the upgraded wheels. It's all personal preference but I think the 2 door looks perfect with 33s and the smaller fender flares. If it was a 4 door I might have been OK with sas since 35s and the wider flares seem to look proper to me on the longer vehicle. That and my wife has a hard enough time as it is getting in :) I also think pictures never capture the size as much as in person. I'm 6'3 and even with the stock height and 33s its a hop to get in.
20220702_092126.jpg
Which tires did you choose with the optional wheels? Are you happy with your choice?
Sponsored