Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the Sport Mode? I noticed that some have it , others do not.
I think it mostly changes the way the automatic transmission shifts to deliver more immediate power. It might change the throttle response as well, but I haven’t noticed this when playing with it in a 2018 F-150. Someone else may have more knowledge on it.

Personally, I wouldn’t use it much if I had it so I’m not going to miss it on my Badlands.
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a Wildtrack but since I can't get painted modular top till late year ...badlands has soft top and I'll buy painted modular through parts later

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a Wildtrack but since I can't get painted modular top till late year ...badlands has soft top and I'll buy painted modular through parts later
Same reason I'm bailing on the Forced Edition

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wildtrak has everything I'd want - but I can't get past the interior - I don't want camouflage on my freakin seats. and the upgrade to the leather puts the price right up there to the Badlands (both with High trim interior) ..

IXFE

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here’s why I am likely to pick BL over WT (despite preferring the black beauty rings).
Some love to say, “But the WT has hard top, Sasquatch, and 2.7L standard!” Not so fast. Nothing is “free” as those upgrades are built into the higher base price of the WT.

Take a look below... when you configure the two trucks “like for like” (in this case with Lux, Tow, but no Leather) you only save $275 getting the WT. For this you give up sway bar disconnect (arguably worth a lot more than $275, whether you plan to use it or not). What do you gain? IMHO, the biggest item you gain is “Sport” mode. Depending on how it’s programmed this could be a big deal or it could be nothing at all (impossible to know without a test drive). I think most would agree that black accents are nice (would be nicer if we could get black painted mod top), but that’s personal presence and easily changed later. Honestly, in this configuration it’s a toss-up, and I suspect the orders would split 50/50.... if it weren’t for that awful “digital camo” cloth interior in the WT. I’ve read that a few like it, but most do not. The BL’s MGV is superior in every way (looks nicer, feels nicer, more durable). So much so that it’s swaying most fence sitters to the BL side.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs Wildtrak CD1EA8C2-7207-4F26-B501-5CCB03F38FB0

Okay, so those of us who are intent to try and make the WT work do the following: in order to solve the “digital camo” issue you have to upgrade to leather. Now the WT carries a $1,920 premium! And here’s the kicker... the BL’s MGV is still arguably the superior interior (ie black MGV vs. black/sandstone “leather” with a brown dash).

Ford Bronco Badlands vs Wildtrak 8A357FB5-34FA-4B92-8401-E7D090064712

As a result, many BL buyers feel that they can get a superior interior and superior off road tech in the BL while saving almost $2k.

IMHO, it comes down to colors. If you LOVE the sandstone leather (and/or the power seats that come with them) and you LOVE the black exterior accents (despite the fact that they look worse with the MIC top and could easily be added to the BL) then sure... pay $2k more for less functionality (ie no sway bar disconnect). But very few people fit into this category. Most would rather take the superior MGV, sway bar disconnect, and pocket the $2k. The only flaw in this logic for a few (not me) is the orange accents in the BL interior. So again, back to picking trim based on interior color. But you gotta really HATE orange and LOVE sandstone to swallow a $2k premium.

Last edited:

Sponsored

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the Sport Mode? I noticed that some have it , others do not.
Sport is one of the GOAT modes. All trims have it, except Badlands and First Edition, they lose it and gain Baja and Rock Crawl Modes. WildTrak keeps Sport and gains Baja. Since Baja is essentially Sport mode in 4H, BL definitely has the better selection of GOAT modes.

Check out this post for the specifics.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ilability-for-each-model-trim-projected.2521/

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here’s why I am likely to pick BL over WT (despite preferring the black beauty rings).
Some love to say, “But the WT has hard top, Sasquatch, and 2.7L standard!” Not so fast. Nothing is “free” as those upgrades are built into the higher base price of the WT.

Take a look below... when you configure the two trucks “like for like” (in this case with Lux, Tow, but no Leather) you only save $275 getting the WT. For this you give up sway bar disconnect (arguably worth a lot more than $275, whether you plan to use it or not). What do you gain? IMHO, the biggest item you gain is “Sport” mode. Depending on how it’s programmed this could be a big deal or it could be nothing at all (impossible to know without a test drive). I think most would agree that black accents are nice (would be nicer if we could get black painted mod top), but that’s personal presence and easily changed later. Honestly, in this configuration it’s a toss-up, and I suspect the orders would split 50/50.... if it weren’t for that awful “digital camo” cloth interior in the WT. I’ve read that a few like it, but most do not. The BL’s MGV is superior in every way (looks nicer, feels nicer, more durable). So much so that it’s swaying most fence sitters to the BL side.

Okay, so those of us who are intent to try and make the WT work do the following: in order to solve the “digital camo” issue you have to upgrade to leather. Now the WT carries a $1,920 premium! And here’s the kicker... the BL’s MGV is still arguably the superior interior (ie black MGV vs. black/sandstone “leather” with a brown dash).

As a result, many BL buyers feel that they can get a superior interior and superior off road tech in the BL while saving almost $2k.

IMHO, it comes down to colors. If you LOVE the sandstone leather (and/or the power seats that come with them) and you LOVE the black exterior accents (despite the fact that they look worse with the MIC top and could easily be added to the BL) then sure... pay $2k more for less functionality (ie no sway bar disconnect). But very few people fit into this category. Most would rather take the superior MGV, sway bar disconnect, and pocket the $2k. The only flaw in this logic for a few (not me) is the orange accents in the BL interior. So again, back to picking trim based on interior color. But you gotta really HATE orange and LOVE sandstone to swallow a $2k premium.
When I build the two with what I want the WT comes in about $800 more.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I would upgrade both to leather, don’t want the thinner sweatier MGV.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What is wrong with the interior? And do they feel the same with the LUX package?
Most people think the Sandstone and Onyx leather is a bad combo and doesn't go with any of the exterior colors. Also the dash is light tan which can cause some reflection issues and looks like my grandpa's 93' Taurus. Some people like the cloth but others find the camo look tacky. In the end, it's all up to your personal preference. Don't let other people's opinions effect yours. Get what you want and be happy.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

100% agree. And the thing that got me over the orange accents was my wife telling me "You realize that orange is the accent color for almost every camping/hiking/off-roading accessory, clothing item, or tool you have". And I went, huh, your right, never really thought of it. So yah, I'm ok with the orange now. Women tend to be more perceptive then men, I still can't find the butter if its behind something in the fridge lol.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

100% agree. And the thing that got me over the orange accents was my wife telling me "You realize that orange is the accent color for almost every camping/hiking/off-roading accessory, clothing item, or tool you have". And I went, huh, your right, never really thought of it. So yah, I'm ok with the orange now. Women tend to be more perceptive then men, I still can't find the butter if its behind something in the fridge lol.
On the other hand my wife ruled out the Badlands on the orange alone. The Badlands was her original choice.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most people think the Sandstone and Onyx leather is a bad combo and doesn't go with any of the exterior colors. Also the dash is light tan which can cause some reflection issues and looks like my grandpa's 93' Taurus. Some people like the cloth but others find the camo look tacky. In the end, it's all up to your personal preference. Don't let other people's opinions effect yours. Get what you want and be happy.
Yea I'm firmly in the Badlands camp due to the interior. I considered the upgrade to leather but then its more expensive than the MGV which would be very functional for me with dogs. I can just get the black accents that I'll want for much less than the $2k premium that the Wildtrak would cost.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want my order appointment, so I can order a Badlands, go over budget on it, but still have the dealer submit the order. After that "No Ragrets" and no more flip flopping. ?
Sponsored