First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cash is not always king for the best price... Walk in the dealership at the end of the month, an hour or two before closing.

Have only 2K cash down payment..Stick to the 2K no matter what... Banks to finance buyer with 2K down, have a significant vehicle price drop.. You do not care about APR, monthlies, or years, just the price..Dealer making up the loss on the back end.. Done deal, end of month, dealer must meet quotas, money back incentives, and priority allocations...

Pay one or two payments to null and void the pre pay off penalty..Then pay in full.. : )

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interestingly enough; but not unexpected, some private offers ( First Responder for example) will not apply to the Bronco -at least at first ( I guess) . I just hope some dealers don't go all "2002 Ford Thunderbird" on us. I was in sales at a Ford dealer with pretty strong allocation during, before and after the Thunderbird reincarnation. I remember some of these dealers other than us were grabbing 12 k above sticker on them for the first 3 months or so until the supply hefted up. I realize the Bronco isn't the same situation and Ford Doesn't operate the same either but still. It is a good sign to see Ford at least INCLUDING the word Bronco on this.
Screenshot (26).png
This probably means Bronco will be excluded from X plan also.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Twomstone

Badlands
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and that 1996 Bronco XL came with a 302V8 (205hp and 275lbft) 5 speed manual. 14mpg. Crank windows, manual locks, no A/C, Am radio (MAYBE) leaf spring suspension and thatā€™s bout it.

2021 Bronco base XL, 2.3L i4t (270hp 310lbft) 7speed manual, 22mpg. Power locks, windows, ac, Am/fm Bluetooth radio, back up camera, coil suspension. Etc HUGE difference
You have to think features based on era. Plenty of vehicles had manual locks/windows and no A/C in the 90's. Power locks/windows, and A/C are just the new carpets and cloth seats. Backup cams are mandatory so that's not a special feature.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
ChrispyKC, you have chosen a very challenging career, I have respect for those who try to make the car buying process more bearable. Unfortunately, for 99% of the public, they have to deal with an industry, sales people and sales management who have built a well earned reputation of being dishonest and shady. It is no wonder companies like Carvana and Drivetime do well as I believe they have fixed pricing.

It would seem to be a fair guess that 90% - 99% of sales people, sales management and dealerships are less then truthful. Is that to high, are there really more sales people who try to work for the customer, giving them a fair deal, perhaps, but I'm sure most of those that do get beaten down by their sales management and leave the industry. With the high industry turnover the public has little choice but to enter into every vehicle purchase with great apprehension due to the well earned reputation the industry has made for itself.

Also, there is a difference between a "Professional Shopper" and a well informed consumer who understands a fair deal, fair pricing for the dealer, including all fees, for total OTD pricing. My favorite car purchase, a 1989 Toyota Corolla, the sales person did their normal 4-square dance, then said he had to run my offer "by the manager"; 20 minutes of timed drama later, he came back with some pitiful counteroffer, I said thank you for your time and left. Now this was in Southern California where there was a Toyota dealer every 10-20 miles. I drove down the road, they had the identical model, I had a great salesperson who understood we were simply looking for a fair deal, he gladly sold us the car. A couple of hours later, new car in the garage, the first dealer calls and said he would accept my offer, I said thank you, but sorry, I already have the same new car in my garage.

Has the automotive industry forced the consumer to be weary and apprehensive, of course they have. Could fixed Bronco pricing, from the factory, help turn the tide, I hope so, but how many dealers will still play games with ADM stickers, 30%, 50%, 70%? So am I a cynic, no, I'm simply a product of the industry.
A friend of mine and his family are highly non-confrontational. To the point of not even being able to have a reasonable back and forth with a car salesperson. So they basically pay whatever the salesperson offers. Sometimes MSRP. Needless to say - the dealers love them.

I think dealers have incentive to first offer the inflated prices, to snag customers like my fried and his family. Then for the rest of us who are ok with negotiation, we get the lower prices. The dealer is not going to throw away several thousand dollars markup they get from customers like my friend.

A problem I see with fixed pricing, is we are so ingrained (at least I am) knowing the initial price is fake, and the attempts to jack things up and play some games with add-ons and stuff. (VIN etching comes to mind.) In the back of my mind, I'll be thinking hey, is this just a way to force me into some higher "set price".

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Bronco Sport should start about $2500 more then the Escape-which means the Bronco should be about 4K more expensive then the Sport base model to base model. I'd be shocked if the Bronco is less then $32K to start.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco Sport has been recently estimated to start around $29,500, so this would have the base Bronco (with @Sherminiator estimates) starting around $33,500

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Bronco Sport has been recently estimated to start around $29,500, so this would have the base Bronco (with @Sherminiator estimates) starting around $33,500
Where did that price come from? An AWD SE Escape is $26K...I don't see it being quite that high-starting at 27-28.5K

Sponsored

ccsami4x4

Black Diamond
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure about the 2 doors, but I do know the 4 door Wrangler (even the base Sport model) comes standard with AC...it's not an extra added option anymore. When I bought my 2 door I did have to pay up for AC, but that was back in 2015.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco Sport should start about $2500 more then the Escape-which means the Bronco should be about 4K more expensive then the Sport base model to base model. I'd be shocked if the Bronco is less then $32K to start.
wait why is the bronco sport going to be MORE than the bigger escape?? The Escape starts at 26k meaning the smaller Bronco Sport should be $24k much like the Jeep Compass Kia Seltos and Trailblazer. not more,

More your then competing with the much bigger Cherokee and Blazer.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

wait why is the bronco sport going to be MORE than the bigger escape?? The Escape starts at 26k meaning the smaller Bronco Sport should be $24k much like the Jeep Compass Kia Seltos and Trailblazer. not more,

More your then competing with the much bigger Cherokee and Blazer.
I thought the Bronco Sport was a beefier Escape ... same wheelbase and interior size, but higher ride height and boxier styling.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought the Bronco Sport was a beefier Escape ... same wheelbase and interior size, but higher ride height and boxier styling.
That was my thought also. Just because it's smaller doesn't mean cheaper. The Bronco will likely be far more rugged =more money.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What? No, they do not want or need to cannibalize their own sales to move Broncos. They want more total sales volume, not just to shuffle the same figures around between a larger number of models for a lower net profit.

That's what Gladiator has done to Wrangler by not differentiating itself enough, and I'm sure FCA regrets it.
The interesting thing on that, I think initially Jeep did cannibalize the Wrangler, but then when you watch the videos the disadvantages of longer wheelbase and rear overhang show up, and the first think everyone does is figure out how to cover the stuff in the bed from trail dust and add a rack. I think that plus the 3.0 on the Wrangler first has caused a roll back the other way. UNLESS you want to tow.
Sponsored