Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got this a couple days ago. Base, base, mt. a smidge over 30k. Tires, wheels, Katzkin, I’m at like 35 and happy.
68F04120-A651-497B-A564-931D3D4C7948.jpeg
I heard some dealers can get you a deal through katskin or something similar. I asked mine to look into it. Are you going direct through katskin?
What are you selecting from them? I kinda wish they had more color options, but I’m just going by what they have for wranglers.
Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I heard some dealers can get you a deal through katskin or something similar. I asked mine to look into it. Are you going direct through katskin?
What are you selecting from them? I kinda wish they had more color options, but I’m just going by what they have for wranglers.
I'm not sure about the lack of colors, but they do add/remove some from time to time. I don't know if they limit certain colors to certain vehicles, I wouldn't think so.

This is an image I snagged from their 2020 leather color list.

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will install myself if they will sell to me direct. I have done a fair amount of upholstery over the years. Their build function isn’t up right now for the Bronco so I’m waiting for that I’m going VB, I think some dual lt. / dark grey with contrast stitching.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will install myself if they will sell to me direct. I have done a fair amount of upholstery over the years. Their build function isn’t up right now for the Bronco so I’m waiting for that I’m going VB, I think some dual lt. / dark grey with contrast stitching.
I
i got rapid red and am leaning toward cognac or bourbon interior.

Sponsored

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question: Why does build and price show no wheel for the spare on the base? It just shows an empty tire sitting over the camera.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Question: Why does build and price show no wheel for the spare on the base? It just shows an empty tire sitting over the camera.
This is the same computer gernertor that shows AM Blue as blue instead of black, an invisible wheel is the least of it's issues.

Sponsored

JackBoston

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You ever get a good answer for this? Cuz I got scheduled and the ford website rending of my build is now missing the 5th wheel. Big Bend non-sas

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The specs say it has a rear mounted spare tire but no mention of the wheel so maybe you have to buy the wheel with FordPass points?

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You ever get a good answer for this? Cuz I got scheduled and the ford website rending of my build is now missing the 5th wheel. Big Bend non-sas
That would be a crappy way to treat us plebs. But with the way things are going with this bunch nothing would surprise.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trail turn assist did me in.

Seeing the videos of TTA on the trail switchbacks killed my final desire for the 7sp. I was a Black Diamond since I only really need a rear locker and I want the steel bumpers. Now that I was willing to go with the auto it put Sasquatch back into the equation.
I changed my order the other week to Base, Sasquatch, and auxiliary switches. The steel bumpers will be an aftermarket decision.
Long live the base!!!
(Although my '22 order will remain the 7sp Badlands) :LOL:

mcunkle

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab
Your Bronco Model
Base
First post here.

For those curious to see how 33" all terrain tires would look on the base with the polished steelies then I mocked these up in Photoshop.

I think this looks fantastic, the proportions with 33" tires look just right for the 2 door. The 35" tires are better suited on the 4 door.

I'm surprised Ford don't offer 32" all terrain tires as standard with the base or as an upgrade (gloss black 17" steelies) considering it would provide a little more ground clearance to match that in the base Wrangler.

I dread to think how many hours I've spent on that configurator going back and forth with options. I'm constantly torn between the Base and the Black Diamond, it seems like there's so many options but too many compromises to get the perfect configuration that I'm after.

Decided not to get carried away with all the bells and whistles and to stick with the base and then upgrade to 32"/33" tires later for the minimal off-roading I'll be doing.

Money I save can go to other things since a $7k jump to Black Diamond isn't justified IMO which is the only alternative option I like that doesn't break the bank.

This base configuration comes in at $33,920.

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread bronco
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread bronco2
Sponsored

Last edited: