Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I put in my reservation at granger last night. Figure I could take a trip out there with the family and drive back having a good old time. Iā€™m just really undecided now with the base fiasco, now there is rumor white top is coming out in 2022. Who knows maybe even X-plan will be back. Iā€™m starting to lean towards BD with a few options or BB with a lot of options. The squatch novelty is starting to wear off on me, I know Iā€™ll never use it to itā€™s full capability but I still want it.
My 20-year old (the one who owns the EB in my avatar) and I have been analyzing the two options to death. We go back and forth. Currently we are leaning BD stock plus tow hitch only. And upgrade to 33's when the "almost" 32's wear out. But two days ago we were convinced it was Base Mansquatch. Some days it's Base without Squatch vinyl-wrapped to match his old Bronco, partly because 16" rims look way more traditional than 17" (especially if we paint them white).

For me the Bronco is mostly for camping way out on the less-groomed Forest Service roads. Absolutes for me are Manual Trans and Rear Lockers. Even Base with no Squatch has a reasonable enough ground clearance and suspension for that, but I want the rear lockers just in case.
Anyone getting base without Sasquatch? Concerned about lack of locking rear diff option?
I'm sad about that. I hope it's a mistake or just late availability. The 16" steelies are by far the most traditional looking rims, but rear lockers is one of my only "non-negotiables" (manual trans is the other).

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My 20-year old (the one who owns the EB in my avatar) and I have been analyzing the two options to death. We go back and forth. Currently we are leaning BD stock plus tow hitch only. And upgrade to 33's when the "almost" 32's wear out. But two days ago we were convinced it was Base Mansquatch. Some days it's Base without Squatch vinyl-wrapped to match his old Bronco, partly because 16" rims look way more traditional than 17" (especially if we paint them white).

For me the Bronco is mostly for camping way out on the less-groomed Forest Service roads. Absolutes for me are Manual Trans and Rear Lockers. Even Base with no Squatch has a reasonable enough ground clearance and suspension for that, but I want the rear lockers just in case.

I'm sad about that. I hope it's a mistake or just late availability. The 16" steelies are by far the most traditional looking rims, but rear lockers is one of my only "non-negotiables" (manual trans is the other).
I'd say BD for you. No locker on non Sas Base has always been the rumor, now confirmed with the B&P. You can paint the 17" steelies to get your retro look. 2 cents.

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Edit: @Gman90 Ahhhh I see what you're saying. I think you got it.

Yea the Advanced 4x4 is kinda the x factor in this equation.

Mine says $4,995 for sas here:
1603557409686.png

BUT then when it adds the charge it says this:
1603557446643.png

It's anyones guess right now lol. I'm happy with the price either way though.
What I think is messed up is that isnā€™t Sasquatch supposed to have front and rear lockers included? Why the extra $795 charge for a rear locker?

www86aws

Base
First Name
Aws
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What I think is messed up is that isnā€™t Sasquatch supposed to have front and rear lockers included? Why the extra $795 charge for a rear locker?
I thought the extra 795 charge was for Advanced 4Ɨ4

Last edited:

Sponsored

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone getting base without Sasquatch? Concerned about lack of locking rear diff option?
Yes, I don't really care about having a locker, but I do plan on adding a Truetrac LSD. The only thing I'm kind of bummed about is the 3.73s, but I think they will be fine when I upgrade to 32s.

I think the extra

I thought the extra 795 charge was for Advanced 4Ɨ4
I kept trying to tell people that and no one believes me. If you look at other trims the advanced 4x4 is $795 option standalone, which is added on when you select squatch for $4995.

Last edited:

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was thinking Base without Squatch, then do my own tire and suspension upgrades. But the more I think about it doing that would be getting within maybe $2k of Base + Squatch. Better to just get the factory upgrades with factory warranty. Buy once, cry once.

I didn't look closely at the Sasquatch Bilsteins, but after doing so this morning I realized they're pretty stout, seem capable of repeated cycling without fading or overheating. They look to be 46mm body but have a reservoir. I'm a fan of height-adjustable 65mm shocks with a thicker shaft compared to 46mm's, but the design of the Squatch Bilsteins is very impressive once I looked at them. And you get a LOT of other goodies in the package. Good bang for the buck Squatching a Base.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was thinking Base without Squatch, then do my own tire and suspension upgrades. But the more I think about it doing that would be getting within maybe $2k of Base + Squatch. Better to just get the factory upgrades with factory warranty. Buy once, cry once.

I didn't look closely at the Sasquatch Bilsteins, but after doing so this morning I realized they're pretty stout, seem capable of repeated cycling without fading or overheating. They look to be 46mm body but have a reservoir. I'm a fan of height-adjustable 65mm shocks with a thicker shaft compared to 46mm's, but the design of the Squatch Bilsteins is very impressive once I looked at them. And you get a LOT of other goodies in the package. Good bang for the buck Squatching a Base.
My thought is Iā€™d prefer locking diff and 33s. A big price difference to squatch it. Might move to big bend and get 33s, mid pkg, locking diff, and better wheels for similar price to squatch base

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1D259A98-4EC0-4EAD-82DA-402961329146

BaseManSquatch for the win? Iā€™m still deciding how important MGV on the Black Diamond is, but I keep coming back to this.

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
My thought is Iā€™d prefer locking diff and 33s. A big price difference to squatch it. Might move to big bend and get 33s, mid pkg, locking diff, and better wheels for similar price to squatch base
There's a lot to sort through, isn't there. I built a Big Bend now you mention it and came out to $42,370 without Squatch. Similar to my 4-dr Base build with Squatch ($44,850).

I really like the Sasquatch pkg now I've looked into it more. The non-Squatch I keep thinking I would have to buy aftermarket to match the suspension and that would be ~$1800-$2000 for parts alone. For me I need stout shocks to deal with rough washboard roads.

I noticed Big Bend has a 400W inverter, that's nice to have. I've installed aftermarket inverters on several trucks and that's about $400 for parts plus elbow grease for a DIY install. Few shops can install an inverter worth a damn so it's DIY and a good point for higher trims.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OH-RK

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going base with 2.7l plus roof rack. I will add 17in wheels with 32 in all terrain. These are the wheels i will probably get. I think they will look good on the bronco.

Screenshot_20201023-152853_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201023-153233_Gallery.jpg

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Havent even considered white at all and then ...base 2.7 Squatch.

04D5F404-E3AD-4296-9CB0-1C101DFA6617.png
The white looks AMAZING, Especially against all the black ascents. I think it's a top color, if not THE top. Reminds me of a cat, or zebra. I just dont see me doing it though, can't add to the sea of monochromatic cars (white, black, gray).

Gotta say, not seeing any rapid reds..
Sponsored