Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay.....think I'm down to two builds (still anticipating changes). Trying to keep it simple (prices per configurator):

Option #1
Base 4 Door
Mud Flaps
Aux Switches
Floor Liners
$35,270

Option #2
Black Diamond 4 Door
Auto
Floor Liners
Advanced 4x4
$43,485

If I do option #1, I'd still want to switch tires, add seat covers and a hitch, so add another ~$1500.

Option #2 gives me the extras that I want (MGV and Advanced 4x4) and would like (rear locker with better gearing). But it's at least $6500 more and not really sure that I'd use these extras enough to warrant the price difference.

Thoughts??
Sponsored

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay.....think I'm down to two builds (still anticipating changes). Trying to keep it simple (prices per configurator):

Option #1
Base 4 Door
Mud Flaps
Aux Switches
Floor Liners
$35,270

Option #2
Black Diamond 4 Door
Auto
Floor Liners
Advanced 4x4
$43,485

If I do option #1, I'd still want to switch tires, add seat covers and a hitch, so add another ~$1500.

Option #2 gives me the extras that I want (MGV and Advanced 4x4) and would like (rear locker with better gearing). But it's at least $6500 more and not really sure that I'd use these extras enough to warrant the price difference.

Thoughts??
I have very similar builds but also a 2.7 mid BB as well.

I am struggling with two issues, with option 1 - non SQ 2.3 4 door Base:

-the 3.73 gearing. Will this limit my tire size above 32". I would like an option to add 285 70r17 (~33's). If immediately replacing wheels and tires, I would want 285's. I am not happy with the look of the 265 70 r17 on BD. If I cannot go for 285 tire on base. I would rather move up to BB and get 4.27 and not have the immediate need to purchase aftermarket wheels & tires.

-will I forever regret not spending the extra money for the 2.7.

My personal issues with the BD is spending a lot more money and still not being happy with the tire size. We do not know how hard it would be to fit 285's. I do not want to spend the additional funds and still be stuck at same wheel/tire combo as base.

I am going to explore the BB closer...

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have very similar builds but also a 2.7 mid BB as well.

I am struggling with two issues, with option 1 - non SQ 2.3 4 door Base:

-the 3.73 gearing. Will this limit my tire size above 32". I would like an option to add 285 70r17 (~33's). If immediately replacing wheels and tires, I would want 285's. I am not happy with the look of the 265 70 r17 on BD. If I cannot go for 285 tire on base. I would rather move up to BB and get 4.27 and not have the immediate need to purchase aftermarket wheels & tires.

-will I forever regret not spending the extra money for the 2.7.

My personal issues with the BD is spending a lot more money and still not being happy with the tire size. We do not know how hard it would be to fit 285's. I do not want to spend the additional funds and still be stuck at same wheel/tire combo as base.

I am going to explore the BB closer...
My thing is ... is if I move up trim levels I want the MGV. However, BB fits nicely in the middle and allows aftermarket purchases with saved money. Might look at that again too!

Just looked....might as well spend the extra couple hundred from the BB to get MGV and Advanced 4x4. We know the 255/75R17s will fit if we need a touch taller.

Last edited:

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
My thing is ... is if I move up trim levels I want the MGV. However, BB fits nicely in the middle and allows aftermarket purchases with saved money. Might look at that again too!

Just looked....might as well spend the extra couple hundred from the BB to get MGV and Advanced 4x4. We know the 255/75R17s will fit if we need a touch taller.
I looked again. I agree with you. The MGV & Advanced 4x4 is worth the small about of increase.

It is back to your original question, Base vs BD

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base

I looked again. I agree with you. The MGV & Advanced 4x4 is worth the small amount of increase.

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I looked again. I agree with you. The MGV & Advanced 4x4 is worth the small amount of increase.

I’m also still half considering Base + Squatch + 2.7. Puts in same range as BD, but gets bigger tires and better front diff. I’d trade MGV for that.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m also still half considering Base + Squatch + 2.7. Puts in same range as BD, but gets bigger tires and better front diff. I’d trade MGV for that.
I'm considering Base + 4 Door + Squatch + 2.7 + MIC Top. I think my preferred built would be BD + 4 Door + Squatch + 2.7 + MIC Top + Mid + Tow but that adds $6200 for a few things I'd like to have and a bunch of things I'm indifferent too.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm considering Base + 4 Door + Squatch + 2.7 + MIC Top. I think my preferred built would be BD + 4 Door + Squatch + 2.7 + MIC Top + Mid + Tow but that adds $6200 for a few things I'd like to have and a bunch of things I'm indifferent too.
Hard top is out for me. Big reason is I want a convertible top 4x4 that can just be folded open. Now if I can go hard top with the front soft section like on a Jeep, that might be an option also.

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it confirmed that Base-man-squatch is a thing? That’s the only thing pushing me to BD, I won’t be getting mid package and don’t care for MGV. That’s a good bump in price just to have a manual. I’m thinking of throwing in the towel and just getting base squatch/hard top/mod bumper/aux switches/Tube doors/ iconic silver

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In base trim will the rear glass have a defrost and wiper?

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it confirmed that Base-man-squatch is a thing? That’s the only thing pushing me to BD, I won’t be getting mid package and don’t care for MGV. That’s a good bump in price just to have a manual. I’m thinking of throwing in the towel and just getting base squatch/hard top/mod bumper/aux switches/Tube doors/ iconic silver
Man-Squatch has been confirmed and will be late availability so its not in B&P. My expectation on the Base model that Man-Squatch will only be on the 2 DR as 4 DR appears to be Auto only.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mike says even the Base model:

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 90E60145-F66A-4F66-816F-95A356B9BFD2

Woodzyzewski

Badlands
First Name
Woodrow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I too saw the infamous "Mansquatch" add Ford ran that is above. However, I just tried to build and price a Base model with Sasquatch and it automatically takes away the Manual option. Does the same thing in higher trims as well. Is this a glitch in the B&P tool or is it something they're planning to fix or am I just doing something wrong?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I too saw the infamous "Mansquatch" add Ford ran that is above. However, I just tried to build and price a Base model with Sasquatch and it automatically takes away the Manual option. Does the same thing in higher trims as well. Is this a glitch in the B&P tool or is it something they're planning to fix or am I just doing something wrong?
It was stated It's an option that will added to b&p at a later time.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In base trim will the rear glass have a defrost and wiper?
It has the rear wiper, but I haven't seen rear defrost on any of the models or packages.

It's possible it's a glitch in B&P that's omitting rear defrost, but it's also possible that it's not an option/available.

Someone who's seen some of the pre-production franken-Broncos in upper trim levels would probably know.
Sponsored