Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well geez ok then.

Here's something. I once bought a new 2005 Ram 1500 4 door with hemi for 21k. It was a great truck. Owned it for 7 years, sold it for 12k. The price of vehicles are getting crazy. My 2 door base build is at 38k. Paid 58k for my 2019 AT4 which was a deal.

That being said, I think I could own this bronco for 5 years and sell it for 30k+ all day, probably 35k.
Seriously.
I’m able to add the very cool looking pod lights, the V6, the roof rack, the switches, the floor liners... everything... AND IM STILL $7k less than my lowest Badlands 4banger build.
HOW do I not BaseSquatch??
LOVE the badlands in so many ways, but DAMN
Sponsored

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Seriously.
I’m able to add the very cool looking pod lights, the V6, the roof rack, the switches, the floor liners... everything... AND IM STILL $7k less than my lowest Badlands 4banger build.
Basesquatch looking like the ticket if you can live without the pupu platter of tech on the mid or a 12" screen. Get the floor liners and sacrifice wash out, and if you don't like the cloth go Katzkin down the road. Can't justify the price jump either over here.

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Basesquatch looking like the ticket if you can live without the pupu platter of tech on the mid or a 12" screen. Get the floor liners and sacrifice wash out, and if you don't like the cloth go Katzkin down the road. Can't justify the price jump either over here.
I'm here right now.

BD 2.3 or 2.7 with MIC, auto4wd, automatic and mid (like the auto dim mirror, remote start, need heat with vinyl seats).

vs

Base Squatch (downsize to 33 or even 32 later), MIC, accessory switches, 2.3 or 2.7. Lose auto dim mirror, probably can be added, remote start (can be added or fordpass). Don't need heated seats with cloth. Depends if steel bumper on BD is any good, plan on adding a stinger or replacement steel bumper for deer strikes.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seriously.
You must base sasquatch. I built a BD for fun it was 8k more for not that much more.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I worked the spreadsheet (credit @mcrx) to try and justify the Black Diamond. It did not help me out. Opinions on value of the different pieces may vary.
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Fnyqjon

Last edited:

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously.
Are you certain you can survive without???:
  • Modular Bumper
  • Upgraded Bash Plates
  • Rock Rails
  • Rubberized Floor
  • Molle Panel
  • Marine Grade Vinyl Seats
  • Sway Bar Disconnect
  • LED Headlamps w/Signture Lighting
Arrgghhh... This is too hard! :(

wolf2600

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
My only non-negotiables are manual transmission and a rear locker. But Ford is making it difficult to get both without having to and $6k to $8k onto the price for a lousy rear locker that they offer separately on the Ranger.
It's a D44 rear, so there should be plenty of aftermarket LSD/locker options available for less than the cost up upgrading to a Black Diamond.

I was planning on going with a TrueTrac.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did my own spreadsheet to try and justify the Black Diamond. It did not help me out. Opinions on value of the different pieces may vary.
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread Fnyqjon
I did the same thing trying to justify going to BD to get access to Area 51; but even with the incrementally larger 1k under invoice discount from Stephens, discounted Sasquatch price and included rails and mod bumper, it was still over a 5k jump from a Base/2.7/SQ 2 Door to a BD/2.7/SQ 2 Door.

MGV and washout interior is nice, but the main reason would be to get better colors, and I can’t justify 5k for a color.

4 door, however it would be about a 2,500 jump from the armored base/2.7/SQ to the same spec BD, which is a lot more reasonable to me if I were going 4 door.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only reason I looked into BD was the mid package to get auto climate control (it makes remote start way more useful) but it was like 7-8k more. No thanks. I don't really care about the other items, going aftermarket for bumpers and rock rails (frame mounted, maybe aluminum).

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
the cost/value proposition makes getting the BaseManSquatch an easy decision for me. If i could choose a BaseManSquatch vs a BL and have either of them right now, i'd choose the BaseManSquatch. So im not going to let a couple extra months deter me and make me feel like i need to compromise. Also not paying $7 grand to get a BL just to have my bronco a few months earlier with tires that Im going to replace with 35s lol

i really dont get the crazy increases in prices in these trims, there's nothing "luxury" about any of these models. the base model is SO well optioned for what it is. I'll add some Wet Okole heated seat covers and call it a day

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seriously.
The only reason I looked into BD was the mid package to get auto climate control (it makes remote start way more useful) but it was like 7-8k more. No thanks. I don't really care about the other items, going aftermarket for bumpers and rock rails (frame mounted, maybe aluminum).

I was never *serious* about the badlands due to the fact that I’m poor. But seeing how easy the sway bars will be to disconnect really makes the base appealing. Shouldn’t be more than a minute per side to get these bad boys off and bungee corded.

For 1/100th the price of a badlands I’ll just buy a cordless electric ratchet and keep it in the center console LOL.
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 2A6FB0E1-1A74-4FCC-9DE9-30817F4BC784

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not joking- I will probably end up with a base as our second one.. I made two reservations..
Agreed, Res. #1 is a Base V6 10spd Mod bumper & plate
#2 is the Badlands V6 10 High w/exrtas

mnpontoon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Regarding the gearing on the Base Mansquatch vs. the Base w/ 30" tires. What will the difference be if I were to swap out for 32 or 33" tires on the non-sasquatched base vs. down sizing to 32 or 33" from the sasquatched variant in terms of general driveability?

I love the look of the squatch but living in MN, snow driving is of utmost importance, and I will likely never offroad to the capabilities of what Sasquatch is designed for. Main things I want Sasquatch for are the looks, and advanced 4x4, but its a lot of money for features that will never/rarely be used, and reduced mpg... decisions, decisions...

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did my own spreadsheet to try and justify the Black Diamond. It did not help me out. Opinions on value of the different pieces may vary.
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 2A6FB0E1-1A74-4FCC-9DE9-30817F4BC784
And the Black Diamond is LESS money if you don't Squatch or get the floor liners. The only reason I wanted Sasquatch on the Base was it's the only way to get a locking diff from the factory. And my real reason for wanting the floor liners is to not have carpet under my feet.

So Black Diamond is a way better deal for what I need, but more than I want to spend. Unless I can talk myself into getting a non-factory rear diff on my Base, I may have to live on Ramen for another 5 years and get the BD.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And the Black Diamond is LESS money if you don't Squatch or get the floor liners. The only reason I wanted Sasquatch on the Base was it's the only way to get a locking diff from the factory. And my real reason for wanting the floor liners is to not have carpet under my feet.

So Black Diamond is a way better deal for what I need, but more than I want to spend. Unless I can talk myself into getting a non-factory rear diff on my Base, I may have to live on Ramen for another 5 years and get the BD.
I can get the BD to equal (almost) money as a BaseSquatch but it wouldn't have locking front diff, advanced 4x4, high clearance lift, wider fender flares the 4.7:1 gear ratio's or 35" wheels and tires. I guess I'm valuing those options higher than the MGV seats, which I still absolutely want but can't justify the expense on Day 1. I'll be the first in line to buy a used set of MGV seats from a Phoenix resident that finds them too hot.
My wife can drive any car she wants, but I'm just too frugal in my old age to justify the extra spend. Check back tomorrow and I might change my mind though :LOL:
Sponsored