First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think everybody should buy the Base with no accessories added. :D The look on the CEO’s face would be priceless.
We need everyone to keep buying the other models to keep the base price down. Otherwise they will just stop making them if they aren't profitable.

If anything, we are in this as much as the company is.

When they win, we win. If they lose we lose.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did my own spreadsheet to try and justify the Black Diamond. It did not help me out. Opinions on value of the different pieces may vary.
Fnyqjon.jpg
Is that the spreadsheet I posted on the Texas buyers group? If so, glad it helped. I feel like I've gone through about 1,000,000 combinations. I've finally settled on Base, 2.7L, Sas, floor liners and aux switches.
I've always gone with the Sport trim on Wranglers I've bought and enjoyed the process of building them out and customizing them over time. So many great options are going to coming out aftermarket in the next couple of years for the Bronco.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We need everyone to keep buying the other models to keep the base price down. Otherwise they will just stop making them if they aren't profitable.

Ford will probably discontinue the base model after a couple years no matter what the other trims are doing (just guessing).

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford will probably discontinue the base model after a couple years no matter what the other trims are doing (just guessing).
Maybe. It depends if the base becomes a fleet model for agencies or not. Depends on a lot of things. Cars are getting expensive, not every one needs or can afford higher trims. I like the base because it reminds me of the older 'custom' trims, that is what the base used to be called.

Plus I would think they will always want an affordable base model to compete with jeep

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that the spreadsheet I posted on the Texas buyers group? If so, glad it helped. I feel like I've gone through about 1,000,000 combinations. I've finally settled on Base, 2.7L, Sas, floor liners and aux switches.
I've always gone with the Sport trim on Wranglers I've bought and enjoyed the process of building them out and customizing them over time. So many great options are going to coming out aftermarket in the next couple of years for the Bronco.
My goodness. YES, it was YOUR spreadsheet. I edited my original post to give you credit. My Bad!! It is a very excellent spreadsheet by the way, and even got the 6% lower invoice pricing correct. You Da Man, or woman, or individual, or ..... you get it....

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My goodness. YES, it was YOUR spreadsheet. I edited my original post to give you credit. My Bad!! It is a very excellent spreadsheet by the way, and even got the 6% lower invoice pricing correct. You Da Man, or woman, or individual, or ..... you get it....
I thought it looked familiar. haha Glad it helped. You never know when you put something together for yourself. Others might look at it and think "what the hell was he thinking?".

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Maybe. It depends if the base becomes a fleet model for agencies or not. Depends on a lot of things. Cars are getting expensive, not every one needs or can afford higher trims. I like the base because it reminds me of the older 'custom' trims, that is what the base used to be called.

Plus I would think they will always want an affordable base model to compete with jeep
I think we will actually be OK no matter what. The profit margins on Bronco are going to be extremely good on everything including the base model. Yes the base is a lot less profitable, but even adding a few options (keypad, hard top, auto trans, Sasquatch) is going to boost the profitability by a lot. And the base is a lot simpler for them to make.

A base 2 door with zero options, yeah it’s not gonna be a cash cow. But how many of those will they realistically sell?

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i really dont get the crazy increases in prices in these trims, there's nothing "luxury" about any of these models. the base model is SO well optioned for what it is. I'll add some Wet Okole heated seat covers and call it a day
Absolutely this. I do not consider a Bronco (any Bronco) a luxury vehicle. I honestly think new car prices are redonkulous these days and a base Bronco should be $20k but alas... That said, the base has so much more stuff standard than the last new truck I bought. All I cared about back then was cruise control and an aux input. Now I get Bluetooth and a touchscreen. Fancy.

Sponsored

Pepin10

Base
First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Absolutely this. I do not consider a Bronco (any Bronco) a luxury vehicle. I honestly think new car prices are redonkulous these days and a base Bronco should be $20k but alas... That said, the base has so much more stuff standard than the last new truck I bought. All I cared about back then was cruise control and an aux input. Now I get Bluetooth and a touchscreen. Fancy.
Theres people arguing over the 8"-12" screen.. I've never owned a car with any screen period haha

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeep still has base model versions of the Wrangler. I doubt Ford will drop the base Bronco. People are going to buy the upscale versions, that's just what many people do these days.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
People are going to buy the upscale versions for all the creature comforts they want and/ or their significant other wants.
It's just the way it is and how auto makers are putting together option packages or models these days.

My current daily is a base STi with the only 'luxury' option being heated front seats and I think they were a standard option. I've had the car almost 10 years now and have used them less than 6 times after all these years. The Base Bronco I've built up in the B&P is better optioned with the exception of it not having heated seats.

I bought that car because I wanted a fun driver that I could modify as I see fit and I've actually kept it looking as stock as possible, (which goes against the trend for STi's it seems) and get compliments on it.

The Bronco, on the other hand, will be my Aftermarket playground, daily driver when I'm not riding the motorcycle, and I'm not going hide the fact it's modified. I'm going to enjoy the process of making it unique & fun with the money I saved by not going with a higher trim/model.

I would love to have the painted modular top, but there is also a chance of the Aftermarket swooping in and making one that is as good. Only time will tell once the Aftermarket get their hands on them.

I can hardly wait to see what will happen.
Sponsored