First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, but the 4.46's will make the MT Base a great rig for those wanting to start from scratch and build their own custom rig. Now, if they were a locker...
I'm on the BaseManSquatch train, but if they offer the rear locker as an option I would seriously consider converting to BaseManLock.
Sponsored

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unfortunately, that is probably the main reason Ford won't offer a rear locker on the base. If they did I wouldn't be considering a BB with a rear locker or my original reservation of a BD. I never used the damn locker on my F150 but I always want it just in case.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've finally locked in my options: base sasquatch, 2.3, 7sp, modular steel bumper w/bash plates, auxiliary switches, vinyl floor covering.
If I stick with the factory paint job it's velocity blue but Cappy posted a render that keeps the gears turning:

WhiteSienna2dBroncoNoTop.png

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay....(at least today)....I think this is the build:

Velocity Blue Base 4 Door
2.7/Auto
Sasquatch
Aux Switches
Floor Liners

Want Squatch for the upgraded front diff, gearing and Advanced 4x4. Lockers are a bonus. I may even stick with the 2.3 now, as I'm most likely keeping my current truck as a tow vehicle.
Okay.....I think I'm back to the 2.3. I think I'll take whatever weight reduction the 2.3 has on the 2.7 to counter the the M210 in the front. Plus might be easier to get around in the engine compartment.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay.....I think I'm back to the 2.3. I think I'll take whatever weight reduction the 2.3 has on the 2.7 to counter the the M210 in the front. Plus might be easier to get around in the engine compartment.
If you're not happy with it (which I think you will be) you can alway tune it. I have a Livernois tune in my 2.3 Ranger and running the 91-93 performance tune gives you 80 hp/100 torque and it's only $500 for all their tunes not just one. There's also a dedicated tow tune.

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you're not happy with it (which I think you will be) you can alway tune it. I have a Livernois tune in my 2.3 Ranger and running the 91-93 performance tune gives you 80 hp/100 torque and it's only $500 for all their tunes not just one. There's also a dedicated tow tune.
How long have you been running the tune? Do you also have to buy a programmer? Are they reliable? I thought I had read somewhere that people were having issues with the company.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How long have you been running the tune? Do you also have to buy a programmer? Are they reliable? I thought I had read somewhere that people were having issues with the company.
I've been running mine for about 6 months now. Others I know have had them over a year now with zero issues. Livernois is one of the top tuners (there are several good ones) for the Ecoboost motors and the Ford Performance tune was developed by them too for Ford.

You get every tune for your specific vehicle not just one. Currenty there are 5 tunes for the Ranger and it only takes about 2-3 minutes to flash between tunes. I will flash back to the stock tune when going off road so it's less aggressive. The programmer is included with it and it also has other functions like changing the gear/tire ratios and has boost pressure, trans pressure and others temps. You can get a suction cup mount and use this to monitor your pressure/temps.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been running mine for about 6 months now. Others I know have had them over a year now with zero issues. Livernois is one of the top tuners (there are several good ones) for the Ecoboost motors and the Ford Performance tune was developed by them too for Ford.

You get every tune for your specific vehicle not just one. Currenty there are 5 tunes for the Ranger and it only takes about 2-3 minutes to flash between tunes. I will flash back to the stock tune when going off road so it's less aggressive. The programmer is included with it and it also has other functions like changing the gear/tire ratios and has boost pressure, trans pressure and others temps. You can get a suction cup mount and use this to monitor your pressure/temps.
Are the tunes a separate cost from the cost of the tuner? Once you request one, how long does it take to receive it?

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are the tunes a separate cost from the cost of the tuner? Once you request one, how long does it take to receive it?
It's $500 for everything, the tunes and the tuner. You get lifetime free updates and any new tunes they develop. Once you purchase it on their site it's about 3-4 days to receive it but you're in OH so probably a day or two. You then upload your stock tune to them from the ODB port. Once they have that they will check for any updates then send you all the available tunes for the Bronco. You just plug it back into the ODB port and touch program on the main screen and all the tunes including your stock tune is right there.

I called when I was doing mine just tom make sure I didn't mess anything up. They have the best customer service I've felt with in a long time! They'll walk you through it while on the phone if needed.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's $500 for everything, the tunes and the tuner. You get lifetime free updates and any new tunes they develop. Once you purchase it on their site it's about 3-4 days to receive it but you're in OH so probably a day or two. You then upload your stock tune to them from the ODB port. Once they have that they will check for any updates then send you all the available tunes for the Bronco. You just plug it back into the ODB port and touch program on the main screen and all the tunes including your stock tune is right there.

I called when I was doing mine just tom make sure I didn't mess anything up. They have the best customer service I've felt with in a long time! They'll walk you through it while on the phone if needed.
Nice.....I could even drive up for the day. Still have friends up there from when I worked in Detroit. Don't get up there much anymore. I could go for Pegasus Taverna and National Coney.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice.....I could even drive up for the day. Still have friends up there from when I worked in Detroit. Don't get up there much anymore. I could go for Pegasus Taverna and National Coney.
They have it on their homepage that the tune for the Bronco is coming soon. If you're going to do that once you see the tune is available I would call Anthony he was extremely helpful when I did mine, his extension is 103.

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com

My only regret was not getting it sooner. When I drive it normal (hard to do) I actually get about 2 mpg more than before the tune. We went down to MX yesterday and here's what I averaged round trip. This was with the cruise set at 75 mph both ways.

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread IMG_3382

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
They're using the same gears up to 32".

7M Non Sasquatch Base sales will be a lot smaller than any one of the upper trims alone.

Better to have the gears a little deep on the least selling model , than doggy on the rest.
Agreed. Also do we know yet the diff gears for the manual Sasquatch? The automatic Sasquatch is apparently 4.7 (regardless if 4cyl or 6 cyl). I wonder if manual Sasquatch will have 4.7 diff gears as well.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed. Also do we know yet the diff gears for the manual Sasquatch? The automatic Sasquatch is apparently 4.7 (regardless if 4cyl or 6 cyl). I wonder if manual Sasquatch will have 4.7 diff gears as well.
It should.

Jeepers are going as deep as 4.88 with the Dana 44 rear.
The Dana pinion gets breakage prone at 5.13 and lower for them.
But they have less HP and torque than the Bronco.

Unless Ford replaces the D44 with something bigger, expect a 4.7 gear set.

BroncZ13

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco XLT, 94 F150 I6 5spd, 17 Cadillac CT6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Performance makes one for the ranger that you could have dealer installed. Not quite as much power as this one, but I think it gives 45HP and 60ftlbs. giving you 315HP and 370Ftlbs tq. The benefit to the ford performance one is you can have dealer install and have no worries of any warranty issues. I think it's more costly though and to avoid warranty complications your looking at dealer install costs to boot. probably close to a grand soup to nuts vs. $500....

Personally I'd pay the premium for dealer install and no warranty issues. Yes, I know, burden of proof tune caused issue but I can tell you right no good luck winning that one if something happened to the turbo after adding that extra boost. I'll take peace of mind with ford performance

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Performance makes one for the ranger that you could have dealer installed. Not quite as much power as this one, but I think it gives 45HP and 60ftlbs. giving you 315HP and 370Ftlbs tq. The benefit to the ford performance one is you can have dealer install and have no worries of any warranty issues. I think it's more costly though and to avoid warranty complications your looking at dealer install costs to boot. probably close to a grand soup to nuts vs. $500....

Personally I'd pay the premium for dealer install and no warranty issues. Yes, I know, burden of proof tune caused issue but I can tell you right no good luck winning that one if something happened to the turbo after adding that extra boost. I'll take peace of mind with ford performance
For some the Ford tune with the warrantee will give them peace of mind. The Ford tune is developed by Livernois so it's a watered down version of theirs. Also there are a lot of us running their tune on the Ranger with zero issues. Some are even dragging theirs running in the low to mid 12's. I'm not saying it's bullet proof but these motors are capable of a lot more so I wouldn't be so concerned about it. But yes it can happen. :)
Sponsored