EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
The traction control gadgetry couldn't care less if you have a locker or not and if you pull one out of a Bronco it is going to physically bolt in with no changes, the only thing that may not work is the factory wiring for the locker but all that is needed is switch and 12 volts for that. If you don't want to dig through the junkyard for one you can buy the complete locking rear end from ford performance for $2300 which is a heck of a lot cheaper than paying the $4500 dollar difference to move up to the big bend and then another $495 for the locking axle. At that point you are only about $2000 away from getting the Sasquatch package.
Now add labor, wheels and tires, see my point?

Spending sasquatch equivalent $$$ and giving up your warranty??
Sponsored

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2D BaseSquatch, 1967 Bronco, 2016 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just waiting for it to be delivered. I'm told that will be the first week of February.

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread image

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now add labor, wheels and tires, see my point?

Spending sasquatch equivalent $$$ and giving up your warranty??
I work on my own stuff so labor is zero, already getting Wheels/Tires and even spending $2300 on the new rear end I'm 5K shy of what Sasquatch costs - It is true that if I got Sasquatch I could sell the factory wheels/tires and probably recover the cost of the aftermarket wheels/tires.

Warranty will not be affected (except on the rear axle)

This is not for everyone, but many people on here have already possibly ruined their warranty by putting 37's and a lift on there Sasquatch unless they can convince the dealer to look the other way.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@BudgetBronco what's been your experience so far? How are you getting along with your new, larger shoes? P.S. - thanks for the inspiration on a lot of ideas!
No problems at all, very happy with my setup. The one noticable thing about bigger/heavier tiers is a approx 2 mpg decrease in fuel consumption.

Also, somebody made a comment about concerns with brake wear. That is a non-issue. All Broncos regardless of trim and squatch or non-squatch have the exact same brake calipers and brake rotors. Another great reason to buy Base!

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Officially posting my official base model in the official base model thread.

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread Bronco

Last edited:

Sponsored

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The base bronco with manual transmission has exactly the same gear ratio as the Black Diamond which comes with 32" tires. There are plenty of examples of people moving up to 35" tires with the 4.46 gears with no ill effects. I would stay with the 33's.
Thanks, yeahā€”Iā€™ve seen enough folks on here and elsewhere who went to 33s with no problem (looking at you, @BudgetBronco) that I think Iā€™m gonna keep the order. But Iā€™m still a bit nervous between all the talk of gear ratios, load rating, unsprung and rotational weight, potential for popped beads on 7ā€ rimsā€¦all has me second-guessing myself.

One thing that has me feeling a bit more confident is that I think the Badlands comes with E load 33s from the factory, and I believe it has the same gearing as the Base (and yes, beefed up suspension, but still).

We shall see. Thank goodness for Discount Tireā€™s good customer service and return policyā€¦

Last edited:

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 8C195768-BBF8-4FAD-AD82-E7A8A8D507CF

I put 33ā€™s (Falken Wildpeak 285/75R16) on mine and they fit just great and look WAY better than stock. I went to americas tire and they were pretty skeptical but after their rub test they felt confident to put on all four and theyā€™ve been great, already a lil over 1000 miles in. I kept the base steelies for now. Planning to upgrade in the future to 35s after I can get a lift and 17ā€ wheels.

Last edited:

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 8C195768-BBF8-4FAD-AD82-E7A8A8D507CF

I put 33ā€™s (Falken Wildpeak 285/75R16) on mine and they fit just great and look WAY better than stock. I went to americas tire and they were pretty skeptical but after their rub test they felt confident to put on all four and theyā€™ve been great, already a lil over 1000 miles in. I kept the base steelies for now. Planning to upgrade in the future to 35s after I can get a lift and 17ā€ wheels.
Oh man, this is great. Still handles good, no problem braking, etc, huh?

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh man, this is great. Still handles good, no problem braking, etc, huh?
Nope I havenā€™t had any issues. Handles great and havenā€™t had any issues with braking. Took it on a couple easy trails too and theyā€™ve been great!

Sponsored

lindertw

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

(im)patiently waiting for my build; 2dr base/manual trans/aux switches/iconic silver. Ordered 3/21 (#74 of 77 allocations at my dealer), reordered 10/21 for MY22.

Plans: 235/85R16 Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires, 16" wagon wheels (older Nissan truck spares) - debating on painting them white or keeping them black.

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 20220121_190640

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 20220121_190848

WoolyBugger

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline / 2dr. Base 7 spd. EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

(im)patiently waiting for my build; 2dr base/manual trans/aux switches/iconic silver. Ordered 3/21 (#74 of 77 allocations at my dealer), reordered 10/21 for MY22.

Plans: 235/85R16 Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires, 16" wagon wheels (older Nissan truck spares) - debating on painting them white or keeping them black.

Thatā€™s a great idea on the Nissan wheels. Can you provide the backspacing on those? Might copy you.

stormtrooper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great thread! Thank you for all the information.

My blend date was yesterday for my 2dr Basesquach 2.3L AT OJ White. The only option I added was the floor mats. I regret not adding the switches.

Looking through this thread it looks like Oxford White is a very common color for Bases.

I plan on adding running boards and graphics.

Bscholl8

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nope I havenā€™t had any issues. Handles great and havenā€™t had any issues with braking. Took it on a couple easy trails too and theyā€™ve been great!
@texashoya

I have had mine for over 4K miles and zero issues whatsoever on handling OR braking. I also added the 2in leveling kit to give it a less crammed up look. I am not knocking on those that added 33s with no lift at all. I just preferred a different look and a higher ride.

Now the real question is will I be replacing the brakes sooner? More than likely with the added weight. But since these brakes are the same on every model I am sure adding SAS has the same effect.

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m putting 35x10.50x17s on my manbase. Been running 32s for 5k miles now. I may install a complete elocker axle/shafts from Ford performance up front (which will carry its own warranty) and Im still thousands less than a Squatch.
Sponsored