Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@texashoya

I have had mine for over 4K miles and zero issues whatsoever on handling OR braking. I also added the 2in leveling kit to give it a less crammed up look. I am not knocking on those that added 33s with no lift at all. I just preferred a different look and a higher ride.

Now the real question is will I be replacing the brakes sooner? More than likely with the added weight. But since these brakes are the same on every model I am sure adding SAS has the same effect.
That's really good to hear, and I really appreciate your detailed feedback. I'm gonna go ahead and keep the 33s. The only hold up: my truck arrived at the dealership this morning with transport damage. So now I gotta wait for that to be evaluated and fixed. The saga continues...
Sponsored

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm assuming you're running a lift? If so, which one? That looks really good. I've kept my eye out for takeoffs but the few I my area that have popped up have wanted 4k+ for them.
No lift needed. The 285/70s I put on are 32.7 inches. Thatā€™s just over a half inch taller than what BB and OBX trims have as standard with the same suspension. It sits pretty high with the standard suspension, already. The steps were added out of necessity more than looks. The kids and wife struggled to get in and out. Iā€™m 6ā€™3ā€, and itā€™s about as high as I can effortlessly step into without using the step or hopping a little. I was pleasantly surprised.

I paid $700 for the 5 wheels (no tires or sensors). 5 BFG Trail Terrain A/Ts installed and moving sensors from base wheels, ran about $1,100.

Be patientā€¦ Sasquatch take offs will be priced right in your area soon enough.

DalTXBtonco

Big Bend
First Name
Raleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jaguar XFR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's really good to hear, and I really appreciate your detailed feedback. I'm gonna go ahead and keep the 33s. The only hold up: my truck arrived at the dealership this morning with transport damage. So now I gotta wait for that to be evaluated and fixed. The saga continues...
That sux man

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I played around with that link and it moved it inward. The image you sniped shows positive scrub.

I think you need to increase offset not reduce it, yes?

Your using 55 mm offset for the factory rim which shows zero scrub angle, that would be unusual because most vehicles come with negative scrub angle. Are you sure the factory rim has 55 mm offset?

Using all your values I needed to increase offset to 55 to get negative scrub.
1642883535515.png
I don't know about the veracity of the specific Bronco wheel specs. Maybe the forum member providing the specs can comment.

But in terms of offset, the larger the offset number, the further a rim will be located inward on the vehicle. Positive offset is the offset of the rim inward from the wheel centerline. So in this case if the Nissan has a lower offset number (40mm vs 55mm), the Nissan wheel will locate the rim further outward.

Sponsored

Bscholl8

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited:

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
Impatiently waiting for my base model! If youā€™ve been driving one for a while, whatā€™re your thoughts so far? What would you suggest I get before delivery to have on hand at day 1? Thanks!
I have the 2.7 liter soft top - Sasquatch package with aux switches . Only complaint> recently my tailgate has a clicking noise so I will be taking that to the dealer . Besides that 10,000 + miles later itā€™s absolutely amazing šŸ¤©

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 70DED07A-79FA-483E-BBB0-78794E856EB3

WoolyBugger

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline / 2dr. Base 7 spd. EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know about the veracity of the specific Bronco wheel specs. Maybe the forum member providing the specs can comment.

But in terms of offset, the larger the offset number, the further a rim will be located inward on the vehicle. Positive offset is the offset of the rim inward from the wheel centerline. So in this case if the Nissan has a lower offset number (40mm vs 55mm), the Nissan wheel will locate the rim further outward.
+40mm should be good to go. Since you are dealing with a 7" wide wheel there should be no issue at all. The most important part of the equation is the backspacing in this and most cases. We are only talking about 15 mm here so that is equal to a fraction more than 1/2 of an inch less back spacing and you are going from a (OE) 255 mm = 10" wide tire to a 235 mm = 9.25" wide tire so that right there actually negates any poke if that is what the concern is.

Tmurder1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No lift needed. The 285/70s I put on are 32.7 inches. Thatā€™s just over a half inch taller than what BB and OBX trims have as standard with the same suspension. It sits pretty high with the standard suspension, already. The steps were added out of necessity more than looks. The kids and wife struggled to get in and out. Iā€™m 6ā€™3ā€, and itā€™s about as high as I can effortlessly step into without using the step or hopping a little. I was pleasantly surprised.

I paid $700 for the 5 wheels (no tires or sensors). 5 BFG Trail Terrain A/Ts installed and moving sensors from base wheels, ran about $1,100.

Be patientā€¦ Sasquatch take offs will be priced right in your area soon enough.
I only half paid attention to what I was typing... I thought those were the 35's. Still looks great and glad to know that 33's will be an easy fit.

Sponsored

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@texashoya I hope itā€™s JUST the hood and grill. Did they tell you yet?
The service department manager is gonna look at it on Monday; the salesman didn't want to open the hood without someone from the tech team there, which I appreciate. So I'll probably go in on Monday to meet with the service people to see whether they think anything other than the hood and grille are affected, and whether it's more than just cosmetic. Ugh.

OP
OP
iwantabasebronco

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base model 2.3 with aux switches and floor liners only here. I added some 33s and rock sliders and it is a blast! You just have to pick your lines a little more carefully but the open diffs get the job done for what Iā€™m doing in my area. I do plan on adding a rear locker at one point or another.

65D3DB8E-D423-484C-B384-DA1BF6C7304E.jpeg

2F154BDB-61A2-498E-9F60-DE1552E22183.jpeg

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base model 2.3 with aux switches and floor liners only here. I added some 33s and rock sliders and it is a blast! You just have to pick your lines a little more carefully but the open diffs get the job done for what Iā€™m doing in my area. I do plan on adding a rear locker at one point or another.

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 2F154BDB-61A2-498E-9F60-DE1552E22183

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread 2F154BDB-61A2-498E-9F60-DE1552E22183
Looks good! A little birdie tells me Yukon will have lockers for us soon. I'm sure ARB will too.
Sponsored