Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Building both in build and price (2.7, 10 speed, soft top, SAS) the BD comes in at $6000 more.
If I remove the $1495 mid package I am still $4500 higher.
BD gives me rock crawl goat mode and vinyl seats, tow hooks and rock rails.
I plan on taking it off road and on the rocks but is rock crawl goat mode and rock rails worth $4500?
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

for $4500 more you get, marine vinyl seats, washout interior, aux switches, mod front bumper and bash plate, steel rear bumper

If you're not gonna go mid package I would just go BaseSquatch and option the aux switches and add your own bumpers/armor

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have no interest in mid I would not get the BD. You can add bumpers and rock rails for far cheaper than $4000. The vinyl seats and hard floors alone aren't worth the premium imo.

If no mid basesquatch
If mid BDsquatch

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How important is rock crawl GOAT mode?

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

for $4500 more you get, marine vinyl seats, washout interior, aux switches, mod front bumper and bash plate, steel rear bumper

If you're not gonna go mid package I would just go BaseSquatch and option the aux switches and add your own bumpers/armor
My base SAS build includes aux switches, heavy front bumper and bash plates. So basically I get vinyl seats, wash out floor and rock crawl goat mode. and rock rails and tow hooks

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cloth > MGV/Leather so my vote is for the basesquatch. Plus you can use those savings for some aftermarket upgrades. Including rock rails that are better than the factor option.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was my exact dilemma for a long time. Started out as Base/2.7/Sq. Truly the best value for offroading as mechanically it’s a Wildtrak, and has all the capability of Badlands Sq if you don’t mind manually disconnecting your swaybar.

However, I started looking at the MGV and washout floors which are really appealing (first job was doing boat upholstery and vinyl tech has come so far in the past two decades). Then I started to realize the only color I somewhat like is A51, which you can’t get on the base. Plus the extra armor on the black Diamond, coupled with the fact that I was already planning to add rock rails, switches and the mod bumper to my base order. Bit the bullet and paid the premium on my 2D order.

To me, having a better color plus the vinyl and washout makes it worth the premium to me. This is just my thought process and what I valued enough to upgrade.

To your initial question, rock rails and rock crawl are not worth $4500. Rock crawl is worth next to nothing since you can achieve the same thing on base SQ, and the rails are worth $595. Pretty sure you can add them to the base anyway, unless they changed it (plus if you’re really gonna beat on it you’d want to swap to frame mounted rails anyway, OE ones are body mounted).

If those are the only two things you want from the trim upgrade stay with the Basesquatch

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was my exact dilemma for a long time. Started out as Base/2.7/Sq. Truly the best value for offroading as mechanically it’s a Wildtrak, and has all the capability of Badlands Sq if you don’t mind manually disconnecting your swaybar.

However, I started looking at the MGV and washout floors which are really appealing (first job was doing boat upholstery and vinyl tech has come so far in the past two decades). Then I started to realize the only color I somewhat like is A51, which you can’t get on the base. Plus the extra armor on the black Diamond, coupled with the fact that I was already planning to add rock rails, switches and the mod bumper to my base order. Bit the bullet and paid the premium on my 2D order.

To me, having a better color plus the vinyl and washout makes it worth the premium to me. This is just my thought process and what I valued enough to upgrade.

To your initial question, rock rails and rock crawl are not worth $4500. Rock crawl is worth next to nothing since you can achieve the same thing on base SQ, and the rails are worth $595. Pretty sure you can add them to the base anyway, unless they changed it (plus if you’re really gonna beat on it you’d want to swap to frame mounted rails anyway, OE ones are body mounted).

If those are the only two things you want from the trim upgrade stay with the Basesquatch
Thanks for the insight.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

EXACTAMUNDO!!
I was deadset on BD for almost a year, but the basesquatch with all of the above just screams best value per dollar to me.
I'll miss the vinyl and washable interior but not enough to spend $4500 more lol

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep, ford would have made it interesting if they had offered surround cameras on mid package. Without that, basesquatch all day.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What people don’t remember is the base is not available with tow 📦 package, no tint on MIC top, no leather steering wheel, no left hand grab handle🤚on console, no Contrasting Bronco lettering on grille, two less 🐐 modes,(do you get all the goats with Sasquatch?)
No options for a couple of colors, no rock rails, and no ability for higher trim packages.
What else did I miss?

Base is still a great deal if you can work around these downfalls.

Last edited:

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
What people don’t remember is the base is not available with tow 📦 package, no tint on MIC top, no leather steering wheel, no left hand grab handle🤚on console, no Contrasting Bronco lettering on grille, two less 🐐 modes,(do you get all the goats with Sasquatch?)
No options for a couple of colors, no rock rails, and no ability for higher trim packages.
What else did I miss?

Base is still a great deal if you can work around these downfalls.
A lot of things (grab handle, grille, tint, tow pack, rock rails) can be taken care of aftermarket for a lot less $ than the trim upgrade costs. Also I don't think goat modes are worth worrying about. IMO the main things I feel that I'm sacrificing for the lower price of basesquatch are:

1. No Cyber Orange, A51, Cactus Grey, Lightning Blue, or Race Red. Love all these colors.
2. No Mid/High/Lux (only thing I'll miss is the 360 cam, but the other things are nice to have)
3. MGV/Leather seats (I actually prefer cloth, but mgv and leather are still very nice)
4. No Automatic sway bar disconnect from BL trim

To me, the subjective value of these things doesn't justify the extra $$$, but if they matter to you, they would be hard to replicate aftermarket so it's probably worth upgrading trim.