First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's another thing true audiophiles don't usually do. Super loud.
I wish I had the time to teach more people Staging and imaging on a sound system. I'm far from a die hard audiophile, but I have been taught these two important items, and know them to be the baseline in anything that sounds good. In addition, the people who I've shared this with were amazed at the affect on quality it has, even with lower quality drivers. Many thought how clear the sound is determined quality. Same with the number of drivers in a system. In the end, my best performing stereo system in a car had only 6 drivers. (2 subs, 2 mids & 2 tweeters.)
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone else planning their audio upgrades yet?

Soon as I get my Bronco, I'm going to pull and measure the speaker mounting dimensions and start planning a build. Maybe someone will get theirs before and can get this info out to the public. One of my concerns is that the 4" speakers in the back just are not big enough to provide enough sound. Especially for the 4 door Broncos. That leaves you to pretty much need bigger housing to fit a bigger speaker. That means giving up some cargo room though and hindering your visibility a bit.

4" speakers should fit in the dash and rear pods and I can get some nice 6.5's for the kick panels.

Currently thinking all Polk Audio for the speakers

DB 402's and 652's for the kick panels.
I might get that jbl sound bar to go with my stock system .I’ll use my ford pass points

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered the JBL sound bar...reviews seemed pretty good, but may not be the sound quality some more discriminate may want.
You got a link is that the one in the Ford parts list

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. So I guess we hope the factory for head unit has L/R Audio out to make it easy, right?

Screenshot 2021-06-29 122701.jpg
I would think so, but my dealer said they install, so that is for them to mke the right connection...I do not know if we have seen any info on who manufactures the stock head unit or what inputs / outputs are in back.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This question is not one I can answer with full confidence. In my F-150 I replaced the door speakers and it did make it nice difference in clarity, but not overall volume. I would think you are just not getting the full capabilities without amplifying.
To most people, the ramp up of distortion will trick people into believing that its loud. Properly amplified speaker setups will in fact be louder, with less distortion, yet sound quieter to the untrained ear. The other factor can be output efficiency. "X DB at 1 watt\1 meter" Speakers with high efficiency ratings actually play louder with the same amount of amplification.

Sponsored

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flybriz

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FWIW, I removed all factory speakers from my 2013 Wrangler Unlimited in favor of Polk speakers. Even with the stock head unit and no new amps, the audio quality was an order of magnitude better. Eventually I added a JL audio amp to the sub and replaced the head unit with an Alpine Restyle. That made a huge difference. I ordered my Bronco with the B&O package, hoping I could for once keep a vehicle "stock" for a while but I fear I'm going to want to start fiddling with the sound system when it arrives.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

my initial selection without knowing the true space and mounting hole pattern

Alpine S-S40, S-Series 4" 2 way speakers for all 4 100mm speakers
AND
Pol Audio DB 6502, DB+ Series 6.5" - component speakers (probably not installing the tweater) for the 2 165mm speakers

Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think we need confirmation that the one offered through ford accessories actually has the priority switching between three inputs, as the ford accessories says its non-powered, and the JBL / Crutchfield sites I posted are powered, signifying they are not the same.
FWIW all I did was search by part number from the accessories catalogue PDF.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking into a couple replacement speaker options from infinity, JL, and kicker.

I am leaning to JL c1 series 2 ways...not sure if I will go components with the 5.25 or not.

plan on a 5chann amp like mentioned earlier 4 to power speakers and 1 for sub.

not sure I will reuse my spare 10in sub or buy something new.

I want to take a look at the B pillar as well and see if there is anyway to put a 5.25 in there for something mid cabin.

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I prefer my sound stage to be heavily biased towards the front. I've run with only a pair of fronts in the past, so upgrading just the two kick panels should be sufficient for me. I do think a single 8-10" sub for some subtle lows may also be in the cards if I can get it in the factory spot without much hassle.

I think you're spot-on, and I'll go one step further. I plan on removing the stock rear pods because:
  • they are super ugly
  • rear speakers contribute very little to the front occupants' enjoyment.
I'll upgrade the front kick panel/dash speakers and add a sub in the rear cargo area.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always upgraded the audio in my vehicles, and the Bronco will be no different. The selection of 4 inch speakers that can accept any decent amount of power is slim and the 4 inch pods in back will be near useless, but the 6.5s in the kick panels can work. My thoughts are custom 6x9 enclosures to replace the rear pods, a 6.5 component set for kick panels and dash (tweets) and one or two tens in the back. I like my systems to be as invisible as possible without amps and wiring being visible without pulling up carpet or panels. Not sure where the amp will go, but would like to do a JL MV1000/5i (marine amp) so I don't have to worry about it getting wet or just a traditional JL VX1000/5i if I can find a dry spot to mount it.
Sponsored