First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get the base, big bend is complete trash in comparison.. Unless u want to spend even more money on other packages
Also, the base still has 3500# towing capacity and you can get the hitch as an accessory through Ford
Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m in the 4 door auto camp. I think the true value in the Base is Base + Sasquatch. Big Bend with auto and locker and mid is within a thousand dollars of the Base Sasquatch. Big Bend is probably the better setup for me, but I’ve always wanted a big tire vehicle. I’m still at a loss. I will say that if I stay away for Sasquatch, I’ll probably get my Bronco a lot quicker.

Ruggles

Big Bend
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It depends on what you want. I will go with Big Bend (manual, rear locker) even though the upgrade price seems high for what you get. In my past experiences with all the Fords I've owned, the plastic steering wheels are trash. I have installed leather wheel covers which are great but a tremendous pain to install. Aftermarket tint doesn't compare to factory at all (I've replaced windows with factory tinted ones and also tinted my own windows, factory is 10000% better if thats important to you) I want a rear locker, my husband installed his own in his F150 and we are capable of doing it, but its not something I want to deal with on my first brand new car (not to mention the missing hero panel button) The tire size on Big Bend is fine with me, I dont want to replace wheels and tires, which I would do with a base. I dont like the heathered gray base interior and Big Bend gives me a tan option (again, if that's important to you)

While I am completely capable of upgrading a base to my liking, it is absolutely worth the price hike to just get what I want from the factory. It's completely up to you if the value is there or not.

Omwil297

Base
First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only thing holding me back from base is the uncertainty of being able to add a rear locker

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi everyone! This is my first post on the forum and I’m so excited about the upcoming Bronco. I’m looking to get a 2 door however I’m debating whether to go with a Base vs. a Big Bend. I really don’t want to spend $40K+ for something I take occasionally off-road and pull a small camper. Of course Ford is business smart and makes you step up to the Big Bend to have the ability to add a trailer hitch and limited slip. It’s nearly $5K more over a Base model just to unlock these and other options! Is that really worth it? What other standard features does a Big Bend give you over a Base?
If I were going Base I'd definitely go with the Squatch package, it simply adds too much value to the Bronco to NOT get it (4.70 gears, rear locker). And a Base Squatch comes in just below $40k. You can always swap out the tires (once they wear out) for a set of 33's if the 35's are too big for you.

My biggest dilemma is simple, Big Bend offers Race Red. No matter how much I try to go with Rapid, Race always draws me back in. So personally, I'm stuck between a 4dr Base Squatch vs. a 4dr Big Bend + 4.27 gears + tow package and swap out those ugly ass wheels and tiny tires on the Big Bend for a set of 33's. Like others have stated, you can do aftermarket hitch for the Base, and chances are, that'll save you about $400.

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I were going Base I'd definitely go with the Squatch package, it simply adds too much value to the Bronco to NOT get it (4.70 gears, rear locker). And a Base Squatch comes in just below $40k. You can always swap out the tires (once they wear out) for a set of 33's if the 35's are too big for you.

My biggest dilemma is simple, Big Bend offers Race Red. No matter how much I try to go with Rapid, Race always draws me back in. So personally, I'm stuck between a 4dr Base Squatch vs. a 4dr Big Bend + 4.27 gears + tow package and swap out those ugly ass wheels and tiny tires on the Big Bend for a set of 33's. Like others have stated, you can do aftermarket hitch for the Base, and chances are, that'll save you about $400.
My color is Cactus Grey. However, I’d probably be okay with Velocity Blue or Carb Grey if I want Base.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It depends on what you want. I will go with Big Bend (manual, rear locker) even though the upgrade price seems high for what you get. In my past experiences with all the Fords I've owned, the plastic steering wheels are trash. I have installed leather wheel covers which are great but a tremendous pain to install. Aftermarket tint doesn't compare to factory at all (I've replaced windows with factory tinted ones and also tinted my own windows, factory is 10000% better if thats important to you) I want a rear locker, my husband installed his own in his F150 and we are capable of doing it, but its not something I want to deal with on my first brand new car (not to mention the missing hero panel button) The tire size on Big Bend is fine with me, I dont want to replace wheels and tires, which I would do with a base. I dont like the heathered gray base interior and Big Bend gives me a tan option (again, if that's important to you)

While I am completely capable of upgrading a base to my liking, it is absolutely worth the price hike to just get what I want from the factory. It's completely up to you if the value is there or not.
Based on the pictures, I’d say there is nothing wrong with the steering wheels in the base. I can pretty much guarantee they will hold up longer than the leather if you plan on keeping it a long time. The one in my Escape is “plastic” and just fine. The professionally installed aftermarket tint is also just fine with the exception of the rear window which will show your defroster lines If it’s like my Escape.

I would do a Basemansquatch if I was going that way but that’s just me.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Basquatch build and Big Bend build are within a couple hundred dollars of each other. I'm torn.

I actually like the BB wheels, tint and other niceties, A51 and the availability of the 4.27 locker is very important to me. So I figure I'm getting $4000 value for $5500 (BaseBase to BB), now I need to decide if giving $1500 for nothing is worth it.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm advocating for the Base model since Ford is artificially discounting it this year to get that "under $30K" tagline.

You can find the cost of adding a rear locker all over the internet and even do it yourself if you're mechanically inclined. It's not that unknown.
The unknown is that I don’t know if the ring is welded to the diff on the base like non-locker equipped Rangers.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It gets you out of the steelies which is worth it alone lol

Sponsored

ric42pars

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

These are all the same reason I am probably getting the Big Bend. I like your train of thought!?

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Getting 4 doors on the Base, or squatching anything (for now) forces you to the 10sp Automatic.... some folks definitely want to row their own gears.......and although Ford has "promised" a ManSquatch.....who knows if it will really happen.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So my question are, what do I have to replace to get a locker back there? And how much is that going to cost?
Sponsored