First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone else’s Bronco make noises when you’re around it? I mean when you don’t have your keys in your pocket. I keep on getting notifications that remote services are disabled because of the battery. Granted I have rockslide engineering sliders on it, a winch, which is interrupted by a disconnect, and a mouse blocker. I put the interrupter on the winch, thinking it was the winch draining the battery. It seems to make almost the door, locking unlocking sound intermittently throughout the day. If anybody can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco make all kinds of noises after it's shut down...some happen quite a while after.
I to have a winch, multiple lights, added rear power for my compressor and 2 way radio wired through the upfitter switches with no issues.
Have you drained the battery, if so, you need to charge it, driving might not be enough to fully charge.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep mine makes funny humming and clicking sounds kinda randomly. We recently got a 23 Explorer with more bells and whistles and it's ridiculous when you get around it with a key, clicking and clacking, that might be the proximity lock/unlock arming???

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My bronco doesn't have the proximity key, so I don't get noises as I walk close to it. But once I open the driver's door or push in the clutch, I get the robotic wastegate sound along with the fans in the headlights spooling up. It's my sign that she's ready to rock haha.

What's your resting battery voltage? Definitely seems like there may be some parasitic draw somewhere possibly.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some of the noises you hear may be downloads and communication with Ford and your App.
As far as the battery; these new vehicles are never off, something is always running. I keep mine plugged in 24/7 to a Deltran Battery Tender (all of my vehicles). Unplug and go! It is always ready, battery topped off and it lengthens the life of the battery.

BT1.jpg

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does the “mouse blocker” function? Is it generating any RFI which might be interfering with the Bronco electronics and keeping it awake at night?

EDIT: Is it connected directly to the Bronco battery? Or an external 120 VAC power supply? If it’s connected directly to the Bronco battery, what is its amp rotating?

OP
OP
cbailey3160

cbailey3160

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After two years of owning it, last week was the only time I ever had to put a jump box on it. I was hoping somebody else could tell me. Yes, the AGM battery is bad. I’ve got the extended warranty. I’m gonna see what the dealer has to say.
How does the “mouse blocker” function? Is it generating any RFI which might be interfering with the Bronco electronics and keeping it awake at night?

EDIT: Is it connected directly to the Bronco battery? Or an external 120 VAC power supply? If it’s connected directly to the Bronco battery, what is its amp rotating?
To my knowledge it only generates a higher frequency “song”(I don’t hear it but others can) and lights. It was a recent addition and I doubt it is the issue. I contacted Ford yesterday to no surprise the battery is not a warrany item, even with the extended warrant. Something to note the replacement battery is on back order.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After two years of owning it, last week was the only time I ever had to put a jump box on it. I was hoping somebody else could tell me. Yes, the AGM battery is bad. I’ve got the extended warranty. I’m gonna see what the dealer has to say.

To my knowledge it only generates a higher frequency “song”(I don’t hear it but others can) and lights. It was a recent addition and I doubt it is the issue. I contacted Ford yesterday to no surprise the battery is not a warrany item, even with the extended warrant. Something to note the replacement battery is on back order.
The same exact AGM battery in my wife’s Lincoln Nautilus started doing funky things when it was a little over two years old. She couldn’t use her iPhone “ford pass equivalent” to start it and it showed strange voltages when charging. I replaced it and she has had no further issues.

OP
OP
cbailey3160

cbailey3160

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The same exact AGM battery in my wife’s Lincoln Nautilus started doing funky things when it was a little over two years old. She couldn’t use her iPhone “ford pass equivalent” to start it and it showed strange voltages when charging. I replaced it and she has had no further issues.
That’s my issue to the date. Batteries two years old. I’m going to replace it when they become available.

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just think my Bronco is 'purring' at me like an affectionate cat. "Let's go for a ride!"

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I don't run mine much for a week I'll put a smart-charger on it until I get the battery 100% charged.

When I close the hood after the charge... it always makes a click or two.... always!!!

I assume that is just R2D2 telling me -- "thanks for the meal -- I'm full"

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone else’s Bronco make noises when you’re around it? I mean when you don’t have your keys in your pocket. I keep on getting notifications that remote services are disabled because of the battery. Granted I have rockslide engineering sliders on it, a winch, which is interrupted by a disconnect, and a mouse blocker. I put the interrupter on the winch, thinking it was the winch draining the battery. It seems to make almost the door, locking unlocking sound intermittently throughout the day. If anybody can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
I don’t have any special lighting, etc but yes, sometimes walking around my ‘23 BD Bronco I hear tick like sounds or switch like sounds. Weird. Listening to us-like our phones?!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a bronco customer with a battery draw caused by the rock slide steps. Have had to drag it in twice, charge and return. Told him to either call rock slide and get a replacement module, disconnect them or keep a battery tender on it since it's not daily driven. He has not made any mention of wake up or power down noises but once battery voltage drops below a set limit modules start freaking out and do dumb stuff.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine makes a clicking noise under the dash after I unlock it and sit in it with the key on me. It takes about 5 minutes or so after I unlock it and it makes the clicking sound. The reason I know is at lunch time at work I sometimes I go into the Bronco and sit the back and read for 20 minutes or so. It does this every time and sometimes startles me as the clicking noise is quite loud. I don't know if it does this because the key is in it and it's maybe not started? When it's in the garage just parked and no key in it, it makes so sounds at all. I am in the garage a lot working on projects so if it made any noises I would hear it.
Sponsored