Sponsored

Beadlock wheels questions

• Thread starter Deleted member
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Deleted member

Hello, I have a question for those who understand beadlock wheels better than I.

What are the consequences, if any, of using a beadlock wheel on the street? I know these are not road legal; but will the police issue a traffic citation if you have them on your Bronco and are driving on the street? Are they dangerous for street use in some way I don't yet realize? And lastly (assuming you absolutely should not use these on the street under any circumstances), do people uninstall the beadlock rings when driving on the street and then install the beadlock rings when off-roading?

Thank you.
Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Quite certain Ford factory beadlock rims will be street legal.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wheels that come with the Sasquatch package are not actual beadlocks; they just look like them. To make them beadlocks, you'd have to order the beadlock rings from Ford. The stock wheels are 100% legal.

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw a video the other day that said you have to purchase the actual bead lock rings separately as an accessory as the are for off road use only. I don’t know the consequences for getting caught on the street with them and I would imagine it will vary from state to state. Also one of the videos I saw on the topic did mention actual bead lock wheel on street are illegal in all 50 states. I don’t know how true that is thought. Could just be a cya statement from ford

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I haven’t wheel’d hard enough for my tire to de-bead. But I’ve ran as low as 10psi on regular wheels and I haven’t had issues

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member

@BroncoKong Jr., thank you...but I understand that. I also understand the benefits of using beadlock rings. What I do not understand is why they are not road legal and what, if any, consequences come with using these on the road?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also one of the videos I saw on the topic did mention actual bead lock wheel on street are illegal in all 50 states. I don’t know how true that is thought. Could just be a cya statement from ford
That's not true. There are DOT-certified beadlock wheels, like Hutchinson Rock Monsters.

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's not true. There are DOT-certified beadlock wheels, like Hutchinson Rock Monsters.
Exactly. I would expect the Ford offered beadlocks to be DOT certified.