John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone asked me what is the best Bronco model for resale. I have a Badlands, so naturally that is what I recommended. Curious what others think -- or actually what does the data say about resale and the different Bronco models.
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would guess a loaded 4 door lighting blue FE with black seats, would be #1 for bringing out the people with money to burn.

However, my build is the most valuable to me, so it's all relative.

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As far flipping it immediately for a profit I'd wager, First Edition, then Wildtrak, then OBX. Majority of people that are going to buy the bronco well over sticker are in it for vanity, not performance. And those three models (despite all being really good options) will probably appeal to less hardcore off-road people while still having the awesome appearance. Badlands is more of an enthusiast model than the others, so I'd imagine the value is there but the buyers for over MSRP are not (unless they want a bronco now and don't care or know what trim level it is).

As far as resale value in the sense of lack of depreciation, I'd imagine the a base 2dr sas would fare the best. Less to go wrong, less tech that will become dated, easier to make it your own. A clean base 2dr will be a desirable build down the road.

Just my 2¢. Only time will tell.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Historically speaking on a percentage basis, the lowest of the low end models holds its value best in everything. It will end up being a base, probably in white. The fact that Ford is cranking out the Big Bend soft tops means there will be a market flooded with them as a percentage of other models, that might depress their value more than the higher end stuff (usually the higher trim models get the biggest depreciation hit.)

Sponsored

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For wholesale and trade-in, I would say highest trim with least options. In other words, the most items standard since options don't add as much. So First Edition, followed by Wildtrak. Private party sales will be a little different as value will depend on what is important to the buyer. Badlands will probably do pretty well private party.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just sold my wife's base four door for $81,000 cost $ 37,500 new
This is insane. Makes me wonder what my Base Sasquatch 2dr could get. Not gonna sell, I waited too long and invested way too much time on B6G to do that. But Geez!

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you're looking for long term estimated post-constraint data, have a look at Ford's own lease residuals.

Lower trims have higher residuals, and 4dr residuals are 5% over 2dr.

Why are more expensive models holding their value worse? Well that's actually pretty common. The more expensive the car is on the used market, the more is has to compete against other new models.

Highest residual available is a base 4 dr. Personally I think a 4dr basesquatch will probably have the most demand in the secondary market once we're back to a time when used broncos sell for less than new broncos.

Sponsored

Woods

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Based on Jeep Rubicon= Badlands. I'm voting Badlands.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest ROI seems to be the base model since dealerships seem to be getting the most markup compared to MSRP.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It looks to be whatever you own...