Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does that allow for running boards, again for us vertically challenged? LOL
I'm sure there will be rock slider/steps, and auto steps available. Thats a ways up for my hip to handle, long story, but my right hip is a little janky.
Sponsored

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man, I'm not holding my breath, but that alone would just blow everyone away. I remember seeing someone on here mention that the interior was more impressive than the exterior, and that kind of modularity might be part of that. I'm seriously excited to see what more Ford brings to the table here.
Also Chrispy said there are amazing things you can do with the doors. that tells me more than just put them in an oven

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Absolutely love the 4 door. After 14 years of FJs, I was looking for something different. I love the new JLs, but looking at the steering issue threads on the JL forum was enough to scare me away for good. I was praying Ford would deliver, and they did!
Are you so confident because Ford has never launched a vehicle that has had any problems or because no other vehicles have ever had problems with larger, wider tires wandering on the road. This is sarcasm because this vehicle hasn't had the first driving review or new owners sharing an actual experience however everyone here is so convinced that it is going to be the most perfect solution ever invented that the fanboy fanaticism over an entirely unproven vehicle is getting to the point of being comical. Also, while there are numerous issues of Jeeps wandering, this could be attributed to a number of factors including people coming from a different vehicle platform and not being used to the handling characteristics of driving a vehicle with larger tires.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you so confident because Ford has never launched a vehicle that has had any problems or because no other vehicles have ever had problems with larger, wider tires wandering on the road. This is sarcasm because this vehicle hasn't had the first driving review or new owners sharing an actual experience however everyone here is so convinced that it is going to be the most perfect solution ever invented that the fanboy fanaticism over an entirely unproven vehicle is getting to the point of being comical. Also, while there are numerous issues of Jeeps wandering, this could be attributed to a number of factors including people coming from a different vehicle platform and not being used to the handling characteristics of driving a vehicle with larger tires.
Not sure what you're getting at, there are tons of people who owned JKs complaining about the steering on JLs. Thanks for chiming in.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I thought the same thing. And Ford just invested half a BILLION in Rivian, and could desire some interchangeable parts. The Rivian is badass, tho.
same as the Fusion.
They invest to get IP rights and then put the better design cues into their line.

They invested in LR and Rivian and their B-Sport def has some new defender visual cues in it.
It makes people associate the Ford line with the more 'upscale' competitor without actually creating that premium badge line.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will do unspeakable things to get the Bronco that looks like this. 4 door though :oops:

22E01086-9C9D-411F-9F8A-149E2BA26150.jpeg
me too!

My first car (representative photo, not my actual car -- I WISH):
4630900540_56bcfeaf83_z.jpg

I would love to get near the color of my first ever car AND the modernized version of the EB.

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not sure what you're getting at, there are tons of people who owned JKs complaining about the steering on JLs. Thanks for chiming in.
There are some but I don' t know about "tons". The tons are most frequently those who are coming from the generic suv crowd or from cars where the steering and handling of the vehicles is very different and they are expecting the same feel as they have had in the past. I am not saying that there aren't things that Jeep could improve (better track bar, getting rid of the electronic assist, etc...) but in many cases, the expectations are unrealistic or, at the very least, uneducated.

GoTopless

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0L, 2017 Ford Mustang EB, 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
There are some but I don' t know about "tons". The tons are most frequently those who are coming from the generic suv crowd or from cars where the steering and handling of the vehicles is very different and they are expecting the same feel as they have had in the past. I am not saying that there aren't things that Jeep could improve (better track bar, getting rid of the electronic assist, etc...) but in many cases, the expectations are unrealistic or, at the very least, uneducated.
The JL felt worse than my TJ... Drove a stock JLU Sport and it was awful and the death wobble right when you hit above 60mph on the freeway, it's definitely not just because people aren't used to bigger tires. I'm fairly confident the bronco isn't going to have the same issues the FCA has with their JL. Duh the handing is different coming from a CRV to a Wrangler, but that isn't what people are talking about either. If the bronco is the same way, there's no excuse and I'll pass. I love how you are blaming the driver instead of FCAs dirt quality.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And apparently every consumer reports tester who has driven a Wrangler. “There’s wind noise and it wanders and the handling is vague ...”

Come with me to any trail (beyond highways, suburban streets and dirt roads) and see what you think after.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should be able to attach some bungies easily to keep the upside-down flip glass from going down too far... great idea- good ol’ Yankee ingenuity!!
/redneck af/murica

Demondsol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cherokee
So if a 6' blond with DD's walks into the room holding a 30 pack in one hand, a fishing pole in the other hand and winks at me, I shouldn't get excited?

I completely understand that their is a risk that she miiiight be hiding a 2nd pole in her trousers, but until that's confirmed I'll be excited as hell!

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So if a 6' blond with DD's walks into the room holding a 30 pack in one hand, a fishing pole in the other hand and winks at me, I shouldn't get excited?

I completely understand that their is a risk that she miiiight be hiding a 2nd pole in her trousers, but until that's confirmed I'll be excited as hell!
Sounds like you might be more excited after it was confirmed?

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

My second pole doesn't come out when I go fishing...but maybe I've been doing it wrong? ? ?
Sponsored

Last edited: