Sponsored

Bestop Roof Questions - full functions / materials?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve spent a bit of time searching the forums and online, but I can’t seem to find a solid video that shows the roof‘s full features, including opened all the way. The BN video is pretty good, but doesn’t show everything.

Just curious if anyone has seen something they could share. I’m new to the “soft top” world and have switched my Bronco order to come with a soft top, but want to swap it out ASAP as I really like the fastback look.

Also, any key differences on twill vs. vinyl? I know twill is the better quality one, but why?

Thanks very much.

Ford Bronco Bestop Roof Questions - full functions / materials? FE900D8C-ED8C-4E7D-A9B4-90E2E8C8DA53
Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone have this top yet?

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone have this top yet?
Is it even purchaseable? I saw a post about TFL getting one direct from the manufacturer but it was hinted that it was pre-production or something

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, that’s the one. Doesn’t show it fully opened; curious if it opens like the factory one from Ford or differently.

I just connected with a local dealership and gave them the part number. They said if it’s ordered today, it’d arrive in 2 weeks… I was a bit surprised by that. However I’ve ordered other Bronco accessories from them and they’ve been accurate with timing.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you saw "all" of the functions on the BN video - it does not appear that the Bronco version is the same as the Ultra for the Jeeps in that it does NOT extend to fold entirely down to the tailgate (like the Bronco Factory Soft-top).

I'm also waiting for the TFL video to see what I am missing. Want to see how easy/quick it is to remove rear window to get access to the back to load my bikes.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the BesTop Fastback opens like their Sunrider, but it doesn't fold all the way back like the factory soft top. The sides and rear window are removable so that the top can be closed providing shade yet having the open air movement.

Construction is choice between vinyl or twill. The vinyl is 2 layers so it will be lighter, but it also will be louder. The twill has 3 layers. The rubber membrane will make it heavier, but it will also be quieter. BesTop is the leader in the industry when it comes to soft tops. Now with their reputation, they still only warranty (limited) the vinyl for 2 years and the twill has a limited lifetime warranty. Why? Because even they know that the twill is the best and the vinyl will not last.

If you can afford it, always get the twill.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So the BesTop Fastback opens like their Sunrider, but it doesn't fold all the way back like the factory soft top. The sides and rear window are removable so that the top can be closed providing shade yet having the open air movement.

Construction is choice between vinyl or twill. The vinyl is 2 layers so it will be lighter, but it also will be louder. The twill has 3 layers. The rubber membrane will make it heavier, but it will also be quieter. BesTop is the leader in the industry when it comes to soft tops. Now with their reputation, they still only warranty (limited) the vinyl for 2 years and the twill has a limited lifetime warranty. Why? Because even they know that the twill is the best and the vinyl will not last.

If you can afford it, always get the twill.
I have twelve year old stock vinyl, albeit garage kept and used less than six months every year. Still water and wind proof tho.

The canvas tops are nice, but they are heavy too.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you saw "all" of the functions on the BN video - it does not appear that the Bronco version is the same as the Ultra for the Jeeps in that it does NOT extend to fold entirely down to the tailgate (like the Bronco Factory Soft-top).

I'm also waiting for the TFL video to see what I am missing. Want to see how easy/quick it is to remove rear window to get access to the back to load my bikes.
Thanks - If it doesn’t foot all the way back, then I’m on the fence now. Ugh! I hope @TFLtruck posts a video on this soon!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks - If it doesn’t foot all the way back, then I’m on the fence now. Ugh! I hope @TFLtruck posts a video on this soon!
My impression is the top folds back opening up almost everything overhead, but does not fold down to the tub. (i.e., the open top stays folded back up at the top of the safety cage).

Then you can remove rear and side windows as well.

The net effect is a fully open experience with the folded top stowed high instead of being down in the way of your rear view mirror like the four door soft top is when folded down.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's shown fully opened in the picture you posted.

Twill looks better, feels better, and is more durable than the sailcloth ones.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to know how the top is removed (just the top, not the rails) and how difficult it is.
I imagine eventually someone will want some clicks and create a video.
I am not a fan of the fast back (slight slant would be better) or the high stowed position.
I do like that stowed it does not obstruct rear view and it looks taunt (especially windows) when up.
Sponsored