John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was originally sold on the BB, I see it and BD as somewhat interchangeable, one has cloth, the other MGV. Mid is a minimum for me. I live in MI, it is cold and heated seats and leather wheel is something I won’t go without anymore. Other then the metal rear bumper, you can get everything, for a similar price (especially if you want aluminum wheels on BD) on the BB. My problem is, I want 33” tires. When I price out adding those to either of BD or BB, with 2.7 10sp, rear locker, mid it gets me into about $47k (assuming about $1500 for 5 275/70/17 tires mounted and balanced). I don’t really want SQ and for $4k more I can get BL. Front locker, bigger axle, the exact wheels and tires I want. Well at $51k, why not go Lux? I really like the trail cam, B&O, adaptive cruise. So there I am BL 2.7 Lux $53.7k.
In non squatch world, I agree that BB vs BD comes down to cloth vs MGV basically (there are sig vs non sig lights, fog etc) except for Advanced 4WD on BD and not BB. Staying at 2.3 makes BL a more expensive jump for me because I’m paying the full AT amount whereas the 2.7 upgrade gets AT automatically and makes BL a better deal but the big difference in BD vs BL in my opinion is whether your tire and or wheel swap outs on BD are factored in to your totals. For me the BD tires are perfectly acceptable and I will go bigger when they wear out rather than take offs.
Sponsored

Seant

Base
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
can someone explain lockers to me? dumb it down for me. my wife and I are getting the 4 door big bend with the sasquatch package. also how tall will it be?
You will need lockers in extreme conditions where two things are happening, your wheels are spinning and/or you have a wheel in the air. By locking the diffs you are giving power to both sides equally, essentially locking the differential together. The reason you have a differential is because we turn in our vehicles and in turns each wheel is traveling at a different speed due to outer and inner curve
You will not use a locking differential in 99.9999% of the cases, even offroad. Locking diffs are good at standstill trying to get out or at very very slow speeds

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haven't seen anyone mention the optional interior on the BB .....I hope it's not just a cgi joke but it looks good to me with the hardtop material

Be nice to be able to make a decision with actually touching the model your about to throw a lot of money at

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Haven't seen anyone mention the optional interior on the BB .....I hope it's not just a cgi joke but it looks good to me with the hardtop material

Be nice to be able to make a decision with actually touching the model your about to throw a lot of money at
I like the look of the optional Black and Sandstone interior for the BB. I am surprised that no one has mentioned that when doing B & P that this optional interior includes the heated front seats - and at no extra cost.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like the look of the optional Black and Sandstone interior for the BB. I am surprised that no one has mentioned that when doing B & P that this optional interior includes the heated front seats - and at no extra cost.
I like it too, but don't think it go well with A51.
If I switch to CG I'll reconsider it.

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

HOLY SHIT..... did the Manual transmission crew just find their answer for at least heated seats???

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will need lockers in extreme conditions where two things are happening, your wheels are spinning and/or you have a wheel in the air. By locking the diffs you are giving power to both sides equally, essentially locking the differential together. The reason you have a differential is because we turn in our vehicles and in turns each wheel is traveling at a different speed due to outer and inner curve
You will not use a locking differential in 99.9999% of the cases, even offroad. Locking diffs are good at standstill trying to get out or at very very slow speeds
When I was a kid we took a jeep out for the first time and we got stuck in the first mud hole that we went through LOL

Talk about some deflated kids :)

I have seen a couple of mentions of the same type of story on these threads.

No, you probably will never need them and they are probably excessive, but nobody wants to get stuck in their first mud hole either LOL

It’s just a head game :)

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, you probably will never need them and they are probably excessive, but nobody wants to get stuck in their first mud hole either LOL
You might not, mine will get a workout regularly. I already trail ride at least every other weekend, and from rocks to Mud, those lockers are invaluable, more than worth the price , and much cheaper than aftermarket installation.

edit:if that came off snarky, not my intention. Just stating that everyone’s usage and reasoning will be different.

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whoa! How did I miss this with how many times I've built a BB. All I wanted from the mid was heated seats and now, I guess this is the workaround! Hoping this isn't a glitch/ misprint. I didnt like the sandstone from the BN walkthrough video but I'll put up with it for heated seats. Thanks for noting that!

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might not, mine will get a workout regularly. I already trail ride at least every other weekend, and from rocks to Mud, those lockers are invaluable, more than worth the price , and much cheaper than aftermarket installation.

edit:if that came off snarky, not my intention. Just stating that everyone’s usage and reasoning will be different.
I totally agree!
By the way , not snarky at all :)

Sponsored

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
As long as there is a locker in the rear I will get through anything a 40k toy should be going after

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting, thanks for the info. Hopefully
It goes well with velocity blue. This would save me from going to mid package on BB.

Omarius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you were to spec a base sasquatch and a big bend sasquatch with little to no options....what value is the big bend adding for that extra 5k? A plastic grill that costs exactly as much to manufacture as the base grill? The alloys you don't get because you specified the sasquatch package? Ford's pricing scheme is a racket. If they don't offer the mid package with a manual, most of these trims are extraneous for me.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you were to spec a base sasquatch and a big bend sasquatch with little to no options....what value is the big bend adding for that extra 5k? A plastic grill that costs exactly as much to manufacture as the base grill? The alloys you don't get because you specified the sasquatch package? Ford's pricing scheme is a racket. If they don't offer the mid package with a manual, most of these trims are extraneous for me.
I specced both 4dr 2.7 with aux switches and mod bumper. I then added tan seats(with free heat) and tow package to BB and it came out to 3.3k higher.

3.3k gets tow package, heated seats, leather wrapped wheel and shifter, and tinted windows. Still expensive, but contemplating it.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Whoa! How did I miss this with how many times I've built a BB. All I wanted from the mid was heated seats and now, I guess this is the workaround! Hoping this isn't a glitch/ misprint. I didnt like the sandstone from the BN walkthrough video but I'll put up with it for heated seats. Thanks for noting that!
The BB is only one trim level up from the Base - and it carries a hefty premium for those few luxury options that come with it. So it would only be fair to be able to add front heated seats with the sandstone seat option without having to add the Mid Package and give up the manual tranny or for those choosing the auto tranny without having to add the Mid Package. FORD - this better not be a "glitch".
Sponsored

Last edited: