Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I must be insane, but now I'm contemplating sasquaching the BB to get the cloth interior my wife wants and the advanced transfer case i want. Ugh.
Sponsored

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The most enticing included upgraded in BB for me is the wheels. I really dislike the base steelies (though I'd probably squatch the base).

The real "value" is in the ability to spend more money on options (*rolls eyes*). I really hate the way trim packages gatekeep feature tiers. I don't know why you can't just plug a mid package into base, you're still giving Ford money for features that could be installed into any vehicle.

But yeah, I would personally be fine without extra features because I've never had a fancy or particularly "modern/high tech" vehicle. I do think you'll get dinged pretty hard on resale value though, and if you think about it this way, the upgrade to BB with a few quality of life features will pay for itself in the long run - expectations in the new and used car market are always evolving, and I think that in another 5-7 years as younger kids are looking to get into vehicles, they will expect the bells and whistles that their parents had (and they have had a lifelong affinity for HIGH tech).

I do think it is pretty ridiculous that Ford is keeping heated seats locked to the highest tiers and then behind the Lux package, because that's becoming such an industry standard feature. I also am disappointed that the audio upgrade isn't available as an individual purchase. Huge letdown.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No way we are getting everything in the mid package and an AT for $1,495. That's a mistake and will surely be fixed. Just like the AT being standard on the base.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So instead of a Build & Price, it's more of a Build & Guess?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My two builds:
Base Sas w/ Roof rack: $36150

BB w/ rack and Locking rear: $35740

With the base I get Auto, Locking front and better suspension, Adv Tans case (nice but not required for me) but I think the 35's are a bit much

With the BB, I'm manual (still up in the air about this), 32's, rear locker which should be enough, don't care about luxury items. I could add Auto for approx $2K (B&P charges me for the locker when I choose auto but not when I choose manual?)

I get decent wheels with both, like the grill, smaller flares, tinted glass and fog lights of the BB

So it will probably come down to whether I want Auto or manual. I know that should be the easiest decision, but I keep going back and forth.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
My two builds:
Base Sas w/ Roof rack: $36150

BB w/ rack and Locking rear: $35740

With the base I get Auto, Locking front and better suspension, Adv Tans case (nice but not required for me) but I think the 35's are a bit much

With the BB, I'm manual (still up in the air about this), 32's, rear locker which should be enough, don't care about luxury items. I could add Auto for approx $2K (B&P charges me for the locker when I choose auto but not when I choose manual?)

I get decent wheels with both, like the grill, smaller flares of the BB

So it will probably come down to whether I want Auto or manual. I know that should be the easiest decision, but I keep going back and forth.
I actually came up with exactly the same two builds.

The locker with the 7M costs $495.
If you add that first to your BB build, then scroll down to Summary, it will show in the total options price line.

So many of us are thrashing over the 10A vs 7M, because the 7M is a damn good design.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I actually came up with exactly the same two builds.

The locker with the 7M costs $495.
If you add that first to your BB build, then scroll down to Summary, it will show in the total options price line.

So many of us are thrashing over the 10A vs 7M, because the 7M is a damn good design.
...and I just added the hitch to the BB for $595 and end up within $200 of my Basesquatch build.

and I can get A51, damn this is getting difficult!

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
90% of those Badlands, WildTraks, FEs will never see dirt, will be DD or garage queens, OBX opens the door to higher packages but honestly, my version of BB will be an overkill for the majority, you get decent options at a good price, I looked at OBX but honestly couldn't justify the difference of $3200

This is how I loaded my BB, came to a total of $42,845
  • Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC) $695
  • Tube Step – Powder Coated $395
  • Headlamps – LED with LED Signature Lighting $795
  • Auxiliary Switches in Overhead Console with Front Map Lights $195
  • 2.7L EcoBoost® Engine $1,895
  • Mid Package $1,495
    If I can get a Mid Package on a Base, hell I am going with base.

vehicle.jpg

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

90% of those Badlands, WildTraks, FEs will never see dirt, will be DD or garage queens, OBX opens the door to higher packages but honestly, my version of BB will be an overkill for the majority, you get decent options at a good price, I looked at OBX but honestly couldn't justify the difference of $3200

This is how I loaded my BB, came to a total of $42,845
  • Top – Hard Top, Molded-in-Color (MIC) $695
  • Tube Step – Powder Coated $395
  • Headlamps – LED with LED Signature Lighting $795
  • Auxiliary Switches in Overhead Console with Front Map Lights $195
  • 2.7L EcoBoost® Engine $1,895
  • Mid Package $1,495
    If I can get a Mid Package on a Base, hell I am going with base.

Ford Bronco Big Bend Redemption? vehicle
Pretty much mine as well, except A51 and including a couple more things. Wanting 4A may drive us to BD though.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The most enticing included upgraded in BB for me is the wheels. I really dislike the base steelies (though I'd probably squatch the base).

The real "value" is in the ability to spend more money on options (*rolls eyes*). I really hate the way trim packages gatekeep feature tiers. I don't know why you can't just plug a mid package into base, you're still giving Ford money for features that could be installed into any vehicle.

But yeah, I would personally be fine without extra features because I've never had a fancy or particularly "modern/high tech" vehicle. I do think you'll get dinged pretty hard on resale value though, and if you think about it this way, the upgrade to BB with a few quality of life features will pay for itself in the long run - expectations in the new and used car market are always evolving, and I think that in another 5-7 years as younger kids are looking to get into vehicles, they will expect the bells and whistles that their parents had (and they have had a lifelong affinity for HIGH tech).

I do think it is pretty ridiculous that Ford is keeping heated seats locked to the highest tiers and then behind the Lux package, because that's becoming such an industry standard feature. I also am disappointed that the audio upgrade isn't available as an individual purchase. Huge letdown.

You can get front heated seats on the BB with the Mid package.

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty much mine as well, except A51 and including a couple more things. Wanting 4A may drive us to BD though.
I got disappointed with the lack of Cyber Orange on BB but no way I am going OBX for that.
My Bronco mostly will never see the dirt, will be driven just like any other SUV.

Yota85

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 SR5 Taco 4x4 Xtracab, 2006 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why I cant choose Base...I just dont like the Steelie rims and the Black on Black grill. Just not my taste. Some other people may love it.
I believe those tires & wheels on the base are meant to get you to your local tire/wheel shop :LOL:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I believe those tires & wheels on the base are meant to get you to your local tire/wheel shop :LOL:
Yeah, the Tire Dealers of America Association pays Ford $500 for every Base/Base sold:D

Rustytuna

Base
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Base
BB gives me stuff I value - better wheel tire combo, cactus gray color option, fog lights, leather wrapped steering wheel, and ability to get signature lighting and locking rear diff (still undecided about the last two) I don’t need anything in the mid package so I get to keep my manual trans.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All this girl wants is a MT with heated seats ... Please????
Oh boy, you're preaching to this choir!!!
Thats all this boy has been asking for since b&p came out.
Sponsored