Sponsored

Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco?

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2022 Bronco wildtrak 4 door. I am interested in getting a bike rack that fits 2 bikes. Do you guys have any recommendations. Thank you. Appreciate the help
Sponsored

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get a KUAT NV 2.0 Bike Rack with a 7”-8” hitch extender (I did a drop/rise hitch extender for SAS tire clearance)

Kuat Racks NV 2.0 Bike Rack https://a.co/d/aLyGGHe

TOPTOW 64122 2-inch Receiver Trailer Hitch Extension Riser with 4.25-inch Rise/Drop, 7" & 9" Extender, 2-inch Solid Shank, 10000lbs Towing Capacity, Anti-Rattle Bolt https://a.co/d/8v0RDgo

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? IMG_1065

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? IMG_0816

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? IMG_0793

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? IMG_0795

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? IMG_0788

Last edited:

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is the extension stable in the hitch? I hate watching a bike rack rock back and forth while driving down the interstate.

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another vote for 1UP - holds 1 bike and can add 3 more or other attachments. You'll never need another rack, no straps to break, almost idiot proof. Pair it with a Kuat Swing Away (I swing to the passenger side).

If you get the 1UP, buy all of the accessories at the same time and they will have the same key.

Sponsored

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is the extension stable in the hitch? I hate watching a bike rack rock back and forth while driving down the interstate.
Most all the extensions move around and need a tightener clamp
This is what I use with zero Play and movement from the extensions.
TICONN Shackle Hitch Receiver for 2" Receivers, Heavy Duty Towing & Off Road Accessories for Vehicle Recovery (Hitch Tightener Clamp) https://a.co/d/iWKLkT0

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently posted a review for a budget 2 bike hitch.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For the money, you can't beat the Kuat Transfer v2. Relatively cheap, lightweight, and capable of transporting ebikes if you ever decide to go that route. You can also add an extension to it to make it a 3 bike rack if you decide you need an extra spot. Also comes with a pretty heavy duty lock cable/set of keys included which is nice. Pretty much covers all bases while being super simple and easy to use.

Added bonus: when combined with Thule's hitch extender (probably Kuat's too) it folds down perfectly low enough to allow full operation of the swingate so you don't have to take it on and off all the time if you don't want to. I've tried a few different hitch racks with the Bronco now and all have annoyed me in some way until I bought the Transfer setup - I really have no complaints at all with this one.

Last edited:

Mojua

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the 1Up 2 bike rack. Have used it for years. Works great. Fits on my Bronco fine, with 8" hitch extender. It's HEAVY...but sturdy and well built.

Two things to keep in mind;

1. Yes, it sways a bit because the extender isn't super tight in the hitch. Could be solved by adding a hitch clamp, as per above, but that's another do-dad that needs to be added and removed every time you put the rack on or take it off, which I do several times a week. Best practice would be to add the clamp. I'm too lazy. Could also get an extender with an anti-rattle bolt, but again, more work and the need for another tool.

2. If you attach the extender to the hitch with a simple hitch pin, it'll be SUPER easy to steal the whole setup in a few seconds. I don't live or ride in an area where theft is a problem, but it's something to be aware of. The racks themselves, whether 1Up or Kuat, have some simple anti-theft technology, but if you don't bolt or lock the extender to the hitch, the whole setup might walk. To that end, a $20 hitch lock is a very good investment.

Sponsored

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No tow pkg on mine… I installed one of these since I’m not towing anything. The receiver portion is long enough to extend past the spare tire without an extension. One solid piece for security and stability. Just watch your shins when loading cargo…

Draw-Tite 76527 Class 3 Trailer Hitch, 2-Inch Receiver, Black, Compatable with 2021-2022 Ford Bronco
https://a.co/d/8VzOeNV

pequigah

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Ford F-150/Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would suggest starting with the Kuat V2 pivot. You won't need a separate hitch extender us you can open tailgate without having to unload bikes
I second the Kuat Pivot. v2

I started with only the Kuat Transfer v2, but the spare SAS tire hit the knuckle when trying to open the tailgate. Added the Kuat Pivot and problem solved. As an added bonus, both Kuat products have the FlatLock tightening system that prevents any movement in the hitch.

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? IMG_0112

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Use the Kuat Pivot. Not only does it extend the rack far enough to clear a tire, it also has a tensioner inside that keeps it from flexing or moving and it swings away so you can open the back of your vehicle. Check my posts on this last year.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Another vote for Kuat NV 2.0 and Pivot V2. Solid, never ever had issues.

Had a 1up tray, just wasn’t a fan of how it was sketchy holding a standard 29er. Flopped too much for my liking.

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? E0F3A7C8-A14D-4AED-BC82-B58C21478B53

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? 6B1AB24D-353A-4802-8EC1-DC4C0F333004

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? C69BB99E-E01C-418E-B0B8-5FA2F8B264AD

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? 6DDA4F6F-EB9D-4976-97AD-CA19173BE1BB

Ford Bronco Bike rack that fits 2 bikes on 4-door Bronco? 916295D6-8685-4EA6-B3C0-398A1C59B3DE

023D2480-861C-4233-A466-74A6431C22A7.png
Sponsored