Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Somewhere in the Ford marketing it refers to "high clearance suspension". Is that what comes standard on the BL or something that is mixed in with the Sasquatch package?
The physical suspension components on the BL, WT, FE, & Sasquatch are the same. The only difference for anything with 35”s is the larger bump stops that limit up-travel .5” or so.
Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The physical suspension components on the BL, WT, FE, & Sasquatch are the same. The only difference for anything with 35”s is the larger bump stops that limit up-travel .5” or so.
So was the mention of "high clearance suspension" merely indicative of BL, WT, and FE?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wow! i wondered how that worked. how does the extra fluid in the reservoir come into play?

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So was the mention of "high clearance suspension" merely indicative of BL, WT, and FE?
I don’t know what the marketing dept is calling high-clearance. They could be pointing out that anything with the upgraded Bilsteins has a lift compared to the stock suspension. They could be referencing the bump stops limiting up-travel.
BL, WT, FE, & Sasquatch have the same suspension setup except for the regular bump stops on the BL.

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wow! i wondered how that worked. how does the extra fluid in the reservoir come into play?
fluid expands as it heats up. this increases fluid volume for cooler temperatures. the piston in that side allows expansion when the shaft takes up volume inside the shock body.

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

fluid expands as it heats up. this increases fluid volume for cooler temperatures. the piston in that side allows expansion when the shaft takes up volume inside the shock body.
thx... now i feel a lot less dumb. still dumb, but less dumb, if you know what i mean lol

stueyd

Black Diamond
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good info. I’m seriously thinking about buying these aftermarket and switching the tires to 33”s on ours instead of the Sasquatch pkg.

One thing though, Ford is using the HOSS (High-performance Off-road Stability Suspension) designation for all Bronco suspensions. The upgraded Badlands/Wildtrak/Sasquatch suspension is designated as HOSS with Bilstein position sensitive dampers.
Am in the exact same boat! Love the 33” setup but don’t want to have to upgrade to BL. Question I have is what all would be required other than tires, suspension, and lift kit to be on par or better than BL HOSS based setup. Sounds like there is additional gearing as well. Is it just best to go BL and get it all from the factory or are there good, if not better, options to go aftermarket?

Reactions: N3T

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
can somebody translate this into english?

what makes these shocks special compared to normal truck shocks

OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
can somebody translate this into english?

what makes these shocks special compared to normal truck shocks
They can take more abuse for longer while keeping you less bouncy.

Sponsored

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The question is, is it worth the jump up to Badlands from BD, or would an aftermarket install with suspension upgrade in the future work just as well?

cuzimitalian

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am in the exact same boat! Love the 33” setup but don’t want to have to upgrade to BL. Question I have is what all would be required other than tires, suspension, and lift kit to be on par or better than BL HOSS based setup. Sounds like there is additional gearing as well. Is it just best to go BL and get it all from the factory or are there good, if not better, options to go aftermarket?
I'm curious as well.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the original post. I finally decided I am going Badlands/Sasquatich. Settled on Sasquatch after revisiting the approach, breakover, and departure angles as well as the ground clearance. I also want the Bilstein suspension to handle the off road stuff and not feel like I might break the car like I feel with my Subaru.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a relatively standard bypass style shock and they just added a cup and spring on either end of the shock for additional help. You have the hole that allows fluid to bleed into the reservoir as the shock compresses. Once the shock piston moves past that bleed hole, the shock will have significantly more resistance. Couple that with the cup and spring and I imagine that is what they are calling the “End Stop Control Valve”. Looks like the cup and spring are on the other end of the shock as well and will help with control on both the compression and rebound sides, but if I’m remembering correctly on how they are mounted (upside down), the compression side is where they have the most bottom our resistance.
Sponsored