John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, BMW Z4, Mini Clubman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We debated SAS on our order (4dr/7sp) but my wife wanted it to be finished from the factory (its basically hers anyway). That worked out as it basically spent the next 4 weeks off-road and rock climbing AND...it wasn't another project. My only complaint with SAS is the tires, man those things hold and throw a ton of gravel.

I'm debating ordering a 2dr for me and I would skip SAS and go aftermarket. Our 4dr will likely live on 35's.

One thing I've noticed talking to other Bronco owners locally. They're getting SAS cause it looks badass...HOT TAKE: For a lot of people SAS is an appearance package
Sponsored

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a Non-Sas Manual Badlands. I was able to pick up a set of 35" takeoffs with very few miles on them. Did a 2" Zone Lift, kept the stock optional Badlands wheels and added 1 1/2" Bora Spacers to adjust the offset to +17 (Standard sas is +30 and non-sas is +55 stock I believe) removed crash bars. We also have the non-sas flares which give it a little poke. Sits 1" taller than a standard Sasquatch. Very happy with the results and we've run it pretty hard. No issues with the spacers, torque, or anything else.

Bronco.jpeg

IMG_5845.jpeg

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost went SAS just so my sticker would have the Sasquatch guy walking on it. I’m not above pettiness.
Don’t be pissed about losing the hardtop, I was also when I made the change. Just like I was pissed when I went from 2 to 4 doors. But I’m not after owning it. The soft beats the MIC, IMO.
Agree. I was all about the MIC for a solid year. Switched to soft top to cut the line (along with removing towing and Lux). Soft top is now my single favorite feature. Had the back windows out for weeks before the weather turned. Now I have a comforter stuffed between the top and my gear shade. Can’t even tell it’s there. I bet it’s quieter than a MIC for winter.

Definitely want to add the IAG struts.

octoberguard

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just for reference, I have a non-SAS BB and put new rims and tires on it with a 1.25" leveling kit. It cost me $5K. So, IMO the SAS is a good deal for what you're getting.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing I've noticed talking to other Bronco owners locally. They're getting SAS cause it looks badass...HOT TAKE: For a lot of people SAS is an appearance package
Totally agree on it being an appearance package. Beg to differ on what looks better :)

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Totally agree on it being an appearance package. Beg to differ on what looks better :)
Hey now. SAS is a purely functional option for me.

The curbs at the mall are pretty tall and the bigger tires help me get over them.

When I ordered I picked SAS. But when it came time to buy off the lot I would have bought BL without SAS.

It just happened that the one that was available to me has SAS.

That's for a 2 door, IMHO 4 door needs at least SAS to look proportional.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm surprised we haven't seen more threads about folks with Sasquatch ending up in the ditch with light snow/ice on the road. MT tires have AWFUL traction in light snow/ice. They are fine in deep snow, but that's not typically what you'd find on the road. Around here, the first time it snows every year, the ditches are littered with 4x4s driven by folks that didn't realize MT tires might as well be drag slicks on a thin layer of snow/ice.

I didn't opt for Sasquatch on my 7mt Badlands mostly because it's the worst value on that transmission+trim combination vs. any other, but the tires being a huge downgrade from the 'severe snow service-rated' KO2s was the final nail in the coffin.

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I completely agree with @22Badskwatch 's assessment. I've taken the Territories on rocks, deep snow, ice, dirt/ruts, through torrential rain, and they've been excellent; however, mud tires they're not - MT stands for Maximum Traction. I currently have about 10k miles on my original set - thinking that I can get 40k miles out of them.

People taking these off upon delivery of their Broncos ensure that I have a limitless supply of cheap, good tires ;-)
I am incline to agree with you as well. I have been pleasantly surprised by the factory goodyear territory MT. They have done great in rocks, light mud, dry packed, and wet roads for me. They do hold rocks pretty badly at first, but after some wear they are no worse than my cooper AT3's on my f-150. I will also say that I prefer the goodyear territory MT over my last set of KO2's "terrible on wet road/slick trails". My previous tires in order were cooper AT3, duratracs, KO2's, KM2's, and KO's..... I am also thinking 40K miles is attainable with the territory MT.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm surprised we haven't seen more threads about folks with Sasquatch ending up in the ditch with light snow/ice on the road. MT tires have AWFUL traction in light snow/ice. They are fine in deep snow, but that's not typically what you'd find on the road. Around here, the first time it snows every year, the ditches are littered with 4x4s driven by folks that didn't realize MT tires might as well be drag slicks on a thin layer of snow/ice.
That's because they work great in snow and on ice.

Ford Bronco BL non vs SAS 20221222_225608

Dwadeuru10

Badlands
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost went SAS just so my sticker would have the Sasquatch guy walking on it. I’m not above pettiness.

Agree. I was all about the MIC for a solid year. Switched to soft top to cut the line (along with removing towing and Lux). Soft top is now my single favorite feature. Had the back windows out for weeks before the weather turned. Now I have a comforter stuffed between the top and my gear shade. Can’t even tell it’s there. I bet it’s quieter than a MIC for winter.

Definitely want to add the IAG struts.

I added the IAG struts to my softop and it is super convenient to have it stay open. I do find myself having to pull it harder to close (expected) but there is something that hits and is causing a paint chip along the top edge (can only be seen with the top off or up). I keep filling it in with a paint pen, but more annoying than anything that it is there. I haven't taken the top completely off, and not sure how easy it will be to get the struts off as there is a part that snaps into place. We will see once the warm weather comes around.

I also contemplated SAS for the same reason....I wanted the sticker, haha.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have then on my 4R, they work great. No issues in rain, snow or ice.
I run the SL rated at 32 psi on the 4R, maybe that's the difference.
No issues on the AT3 for me either. I was just thinking how I’d probably buy them again unless we see a good next gen KO2.

huskerhiker

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands non SAS, modified.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non sas BL with 315/70/17 Falken wildpeak. Zero issues. Looks good on and off road!
DId you do anything to add any lift? It looks like your tires hit your fenders a bit at full stuff. Is that the case?

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like peeps mentioned earlier, it's basically an appearance package, aside from the different final drive options in the 7MT or auto. I'm partial to the Non Squatch myself.
Ford Bronco BL non vs SAS 20221212_122205_HDR
Sponsored