Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I'm pretty much on the Badlands, I like wheel/tire combo stock on it, so there's a savings of $1500 - $2k for wheels/tire take offs. The upgraded shocks and bit more clearance are worth an additional bit to me, plus I like the LED headlights. At invoice the price difference should be around $4k which is what I'm at pricing wise.
Sounds like you’ve made your decision but just to be clear all Broncos have LED headlights. BL gets LED tail lights where BD gets a bulb.
Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you’ve made your decision but just to be clear all Broncos have LED headlights. BL gets LED tail lights where BD gets a bulb.
Ok, the “signature lights”. There’s a distinct difference between the BD and BL headlights and taillights…honestly it’s annoying Ford didn’t give the option to get the signature lights on the BD, like with the BB.

gimlithepirate

Heritage
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I wish there was an option for a Base with just the 4A transfer case and manual. That combo is honestly a huge part of why I've stuck by the Bronco reservation this long. I have a 4th gen 4runner offroad build now, and AWD is nice to have if you deal with snow regularly.

Wanting that combo though means BD at least. And at that point, part of me really really wants a BL.

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll love it. And don't mind the "just get manual disconnects" crowd. They never actually use them. Crawling under your rig with zip ties just doesn't have the same magic as pushing a friggin' button on the dash anytime you want. ;)
I'm with you there. Honestly, it's been like 10 years since my JK was younger and I lived in the NC mountains that I did a ton of that level of 4x4 anyways. Looking forward to making some trips and getting back to it once the JLR arrives. Still following/like the Bronco.....who knows might be a quick trade. Also, back to the OP, I still think it's a pretty clear path - Black Diamond if you just plan on mud and the luxury of having a wash out interior (necessity for me); Badlands if you plan on doing more stringent 4x4 or want the option of the High package.

The one thing that kinda sold me on the JLR is the aftermarket Armorlite, replaces carpet throughout, forms together underneath the seats, it is rock solid. My buddy just installed it on his JL. I have completely destroyed the cab of my JK because of salt/sand/gear and I never Line-x/Rhino lined it because I couldn't stand the grit of it. Armorlite is a nice rubberized finish, seems to improve the drainage system as well.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Swaybar disconnects are like magic. I'd rather have an e-disco than a front locker. Way more useful more of the time. Keeping all 4 tires on terra firma is Job One off-road, and the disco helps with that. Also makes the ride way more comfortable on the rough stuff.
Just did the Texas offrodeo yesterday, and yes the disconnect makes the hard poky rocks a bit smoother, but the biggest aid for getting up rock faces is lockers (front and rear) and big tires. I had a squatch badlands and only had the swaybar disconnected for the first hour. Lockers and big tires did the rest.
Basically, if your wheeling every other weekend or more , yeah, pay the extra $3k and get it, it does smooth things out. But Sasquatch will get you there.

also, it’s nice to have underbody armor to not worry about a scrape here and there, both of which the BL and BD have.

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The struggle is real.

I have a "Grange-tober" order in for a BD with adv. 4x4, upgraded wheels, 2.7, mid package. I have another order at Horsham (4% below invoice) in for a BL, 7spd, LUX. Both are 2 dr, roof rails, tow. The way I figure it, my BL is about 4k over the BD, respectively configured (invoice pricing). As we all are aware, that $4k covers the different wheels, tires, axle, front locker, sta-bar, suspension upgrade, signature lights, and everything in HIGH and LUX. I'm giving up the auto and 6 cyl...The stick sounds like a good time to me. And by many accounts, the 4 cyl is not that great of a difference in power.

I'm leaning heavily towards Eruption Green, and I believe the orange trim of the BL interior wins, over the blue bits in the BD.

I guess I'm waiting to see how much higher the '22 pricing is. If it doesn't go up a lot, I'll probably keep my Horsham order and cancel my Granger order. Horsham would be a lot easier and less costly to pick up.

Thank you for the group therapy. 😄

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You'll love it. And don't mind the "just get manual disconnects" crowd. They never actually use them. Crawling under your rig with zip ties just doesn't have the same magic as pushing a friggin' button on the dash anytime you want. ;)
Actually, we do. I'm in my 50s and don't mind crawling under my rig to pull pins and zip tie the links out of the way (I do it all the time with our 1998 XJs). Pushing a button is "magic", until it doesn't do anything. Whether it's tomorrow (I wish) or 20 years from now, my (future) manual disconnects will work every single friggin' time. When I made my pros/cons list between the BL and BD, I listed the magic button as a con--I don't want the added weight and complexity of the system.

So, next time, just speak for yourself.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs. Badlands 1632753478720

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Actually, we do. I'm in my 50s and don't mind crawling under my rig to pull pins and zip tie the links out of the way (I do it all the time with our 1998 XJs). Pushing a button is "magic", until it doesn't do anything. Whether it's tomorrow (I wish) or 20 years from now, my (future) manual disconnects will work every single friggin' time. When I made my pros/cons list between the BL and BD, I listed the magic button as a con--I don't want the added weight and complexity of the system.

So, next time, just speak for yourself.
Ford Bronco Black Diamond vs. Badlands 1632753478720
Yikes. Sounds like I hit a nerve.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yikes. Sounds like I hit a nerve.
You did, a little. It’s Monday morning, and I still have no flipping communication from Ford as to when I might be getting my 2 door BD that was built on 7/16. So please forgive my attitude! Thanks.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am still debating this as well. As much as I am completely content with our current BD. I am holding onto our reservation to see what options are presented for MY23.

After driving a vehicle with LUX for a week - I don't really miss any of the higher tech outside of ACC, 360 camera while in reverse and the BLIS features were nice. I thought the 12" screen was obnoxious - very crowded and distracting.

Having BD suspension and only rear lockers for the next 2 years+ and I will decide if those upgrades are necessary on the off-road terrains I will frequent in the Northeast. I am a big fan of Bilstein though. So far it has been gliding through obstacles - but, I am a novice at best and plan to take a course here in Ellenville in the next few weeks. Figure between that course in our Bronco and a weekend at Gunstock and/or Moab I will see what I am missing. Hoping that I can choose a Badlands at those events.

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading your post, it sounds like you already know what you want. The value is there in the BL to justify the increased cost. I would change the order while you can and not look back or overthink it, but that's just me...

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So much this. In fact, it almost pissed me off enough to just buy another Jeep.
Oh yeah, I forgot this part, manual was a must have for me. So.....basically I have a stock JLR with a hard top. $41,500 OTD
Sponsored