Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I was 2 footing it coming off the brake and onto the throttle. Then bang, some intense steering and both feet on the brakes(grew up driving a 63 Studebaker so it's a natural panic move). Listen to the noise as I was in drive and it sounded like I went into park. Not sure what is actually broken as it's dark and I have a few Dos Equis in the blood stream. Made it off the trail in 2wd without a tug! Didn't realize it made the noise till I watched the video while we had tacos.

FYI When they talk about blowing both front CVs axles in the video that is @NORCALGXP because he actually destroyed his whole front end.

@builtMIbronco does this sound Familiar? Maybe the transfer case as I had been wheeling for hours in 4lo.

Thank to @popo_patty as I am operating remotely for posting the video.

popo_patty said:
***CARNAGE ALERT*** I think the Bronco was waiting for it’s cue lol. Both axles gone. Front M190 failed doing Hells Revenge.

Some photos
Ford Bronco Blown M190 on Hells Gate <-Video proof PXL_20231120_190022029

Ford Bronco Blown M190 on Hells Gate <-Video proof PXL_20231120_194305666

Ford Bronco Blown M190 on Hells Gate <-Video proof PXL_20231120_194812306
Sponsored

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you're alright. Would the M210 have faired any better? I honestly don't know the difference between the two.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds crunchy. Lol. Definitely a pucker moment if I were driving.

I'm guessing you figured it would happen at some point with the 190 and the 37s, etc?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I was 2 footing it coming off the brake and onto the throttle. Then bang, some intense steering and both feet on the brakes(grew up driving a 63 Studebaker so it's a natural panic move). Listen to the noise as I was in drive and it sounded like I went into park. Not sure what is actually broken as it's dark and I have a few Dos Equis in the blood stream. Made it off the trail in 2wd without a tug! Didn't realize it made the noise till I watched the video while we had tacos.

FYI When they talk about blowing both front CVs axles in the video that is @NORCALGXP because he actually destroyed his whole front end.

@builtMIbronco does this sound Familiar? Maybe the transfer case as I had been wheeling for hours in 4lo.

Thank to @popo_patty as I am operating remotely for posting the video.

Some photos

Just to claiify, you're running the stock non-SAS OEM M190 axles with 37" tires while rock crawling? Of course they'll break, and I'm glad you're finding the Bronco's limits. Those M190 axles are designed for 32" tires, maybe 33", right? And the M210 Sasquatch axle upgrade is made for 35" tires? So you must have been hoping for axle failure on 37's so you can buy the upgraded axles and have an even better car? Tell us more about what happened and how you fixed it!

Last edited:

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jesus....I can't even...

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I get some of these responses.... Snark, sarcasm what ever... Snack deserves some of that, he dishes it out too....

But a couple of these responses obviously do not know Snack..... He is going to take things to the limit and when they break he will replace it.... And now we all benefit by knowing how far equipment can go before it breaks.

If you have not followed Snack... That 190 has gone a long way. Pretty impressive to me.

Asking for it??? I guess. I think, more than anything, testing it's limits. At least that is my take on Snack.... That is a neat group that rolls together.... Impressive knowledge base with that group.

I have been reading a lot of posts.... That group has my respect. Not because of the wheeling but because of the developed and acquired Knowledge.

Last edited:

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately if you spin your tires on slick rock like that you are going to break something. I’m glad you’re okay.
It’s a bummer you didn’t make it before it broke because it’s a thrill.
Hope you get it up and ready soon for more adventures.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

:unsure: 37’s on M190 axles, tire spin on slick rock and Dos Equis. What could possibly go wrong?

More fodder for those to laugh at independent front suspension.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That sucks kinda sounded like ring and pinion is what gave out. Wish the video was a little closer when it happened so we could see how much wheel spin was taking place. Probably already wore out or damaged and that obstacle just finished it off.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah..Snacktime definitely challenges the Bronco...sometimes I think more that BB does.

If anyone needed the heaver duty Sasquatch (maybe even HOSS 3 option) it's him :)
Sponsored