Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great feedback, thanks for the impressions. I am pretty sure I would agree with all of it.

OP
OP
Eason

Eason

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 King Ranch V8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great feedback, thanks! Interesting to read your feedback coming from having such a large vehicle. It seems most (myself included) are coming from smaller vehicles, so your feedback adds another layer to the onion.
I knew when I ordered it, that it's not a full size vehicle. It's a bad ass Bronco version of a Jeep Wrangler.

I had a Bronco II in high school and college and the turning radius on it was amazing. I'm looking forward to a shorter length off-road vehicle. I just hoped I wasn't giving much up width wise.

I'm in the minority that would love to see a full size 2 Door version like from the 80s and mid 90s but I understand this is a different animal.

I was happy with all the off-road features before I saw it, and was just concerned about a couple of minor things. Most of us are ordering these things sight unseen, and after checking them out in person, I'm happy as can be!

OP
OP
Eason

Eason

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 King Ranch V8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A few other little observations:
1. The orange interior accents of the Badlands really looked cool in person. On screen, I thought they looked hideous. I can't explain that but I'm not worried about the blue stitching of the Wildtrak.

2. If you ordered the upgraded sound system, it sounds fantastic! Probably the best standard audio system I've ever had.

3. We took off the fender flares and they are easy to attach. Going bigger or smaller after purchase will be a breeze.

4. I asked the Ford rep what part of my order might delay it. He said that the Sasquatch package will cause it a delay in production but couldn't say how long. He didn't say specifically why but said non-Sas will probably be produced sooner.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Eason

Eason

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 King Ranch V8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Off of Thomas Road!
Absolutely!! West Wonroe is still growing like crazy. The Chik fIL A on Thomas was so busy they built another one right next to it, and they're both always packed!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You alluded to the one Bronco rep had been driving in Eco mode getting 22-23 mpg. Do you know the engine that was in the Bronco they were driving? I'm shocked to think of a 2.7L getting 22 mpg in eco.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw a thread with 33s with bead lock wheels. You can't really tell they aren't squatched... After seeing that, I decided I would save a buck and just go OB and put 33s on it after market. Your post is more confirmation of this. I do think the Badlands is slightly lifted though.
My plan as well!

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered an OBX but having no luck finding tires to fit OEM wheels. Thoughts.
Nitto makes a 33 for an 18 wheel at a quick glance. Will need more real world info will we can start speccong new tires accurately.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nitto makes a 33 for an 18 wheel at a quick glance. Will need more real world info will we can start speccong new tires accurately.
Most of the “true” 33” tires for 18” wheels are all E load rated which will negatively affect the ride quality. Size 265/70r18 will get you 32.6” tires, which is just .1” shorter than the Badlands tires, but 20mm thinner. This is probably what I’ll go with since you can find a few choices in C and SL load ratings and can keep the stock wheel.

OP
OP
Eason

Eason

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 King Ranch V8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You alluded to the one Bronco rep had been driving in Eco mode getting 22-23 mpg. Do you know the engine that was in the Bronco they were driving? I'm shocked to think of a 2.7L getting 22 mpg in eco.
It was definitely a 2.7 with 33"s. He showed me pics on his phone and I saw both pics of 22 & 23 mpg, so I'd say it's at least possible. I was surprised too.

But he was not pushing the engine hard at all. He said he wasn't going over 65. I took that to mean he was going as easy as possible to get the absolute highest MPG.

He said that wouldn't be possible on a Sasquatch, obviously.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to see the Bronco in-person for the 1st time yesterday in West Monroe, LA. They had 2 Badlands Models on display. One had MGV and the other had the leather trimmed interior and neither were Sasquatched.

I ordered a Wildtrak in January and currently drive a 2019 F150 King Ranch. I usually lift my trucks a few inches and I had a couple of concerns about the Bronco:
1. Was the Sas package necessary for the height of truck I have become accustomed to?
2. Is the width of the truck on the inside going to feel cramped after driving full sized trucks for years?
3 Will I be disappointed in the 2.7 V6, coming from a 5.0 V8?

My initial 1st impressions:
As others have stated, the Bronco is bigger in person than it seems on screen. My 1st question to the Ford Reps: "Both of these are non-Sasquatched?" And I heard 3 other people ask the same question. I was shocked that neither of them were Sas'd.

I'll say this: from a guy that usually lifts his trucks, the standard Bronco with 33" tires has plenty of size. I prefer lifted trucks and still glad I ordered a Sas, but I would have also been content with a standard Bronco on 33"s. That was the biggest surprise to me.

The inside width of the Bronco was smaller than my King Ranch, but it was in no way uncomfortable. The steering wheel was slightly smaller than my F150 and the console was seriously smaller, like about half the size of my current console or more. There isn't room for 2 elbows on the console.

That being said, I can absolutely deal with it. It's a smaller width vehicle but I wouldn't say it was uncomfortable, which was my main concern.

The 12" touchscreen was huge!! But it does take a little while to load on startup.

They had the MGV and the leather trimmed version on display and both were cool. I would have been happy with either. The MGV is interesting. It's not exactly vinyl or leather but its very comfortable. It was fairly soft.

While I didn't get to drive either of them, everyone I asked said the same thing: there is plenty of torque in the 2.7. I don't think I'm ever going to be looking for power that it doesn't have. I'm rarely pushing my current engine over 3,500 rpms. I'd say 90% of the time I'm under 3,000 rpms. But based on conversations with people who are driving the Broncos around the country, I think it has plenty of get-up and go from 0-60 and plenty of power to pass vehicles on the road. One driver showed me that he had been driving in Eco mode and was getting 22-23 mpg. If I could get 17-18mpg, I be thrilled.

Overall: Ford hit it out of the park without a doubt! There were people of all ages there and everyone loved it. For me personally, there are some minor inconveniences coming from a full size truck, but the positives far outweigh the negatives. I can't wait to drive it!
To give you piece of mind, I have had the 5.0l and two 2.7s in F150s and drag raced my buddy in his nearly identical 5.0l Supercrew. The 2.7 smokes the 5.0 every time. You will be happy (other than the awesome 5.0 sound).

OP
OP
Eason

Eason

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 King Ranch V8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To give you piece of mind, I have had the 5.0l and two 2.7s in F150s and drag raced my buddy in his nearly identical 5.0l Supercrew. The 2.7 smokes the 5.0 every time. You will be happy (other than the awesome 5.0 sound).
Thats what I wanted to hear! Thank you!

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Mattwings solid writeup, agree with you wholeheartedly coming from a fullsize truck. This thing is gonna be fun. Can't wait!
Sponsored