Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry, it was towed to the dealership, I don't have access to it now, or I would.
Maybe ask the service manager to text you a photo? It would help him also to piece together the data that we are collecting to ascertain a common denominator in the failures. Sorry this happened. At least the engine will be replaced. I alluded to your case in the last post of the 2.7 Engine Tracker thread when I saw your post this morning.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this approaching recall levels?
As the owner of a ‘17 Focus RS I can tell you right now, Ford will never issue a recall for engine failures. The best you can hope for is a TSB

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As the owner of a ‘17 Focus RS I can tell you right now, Ford will never issue a recall for engine failures. The best you can hope for is a TSB
The Ford Focus rs was a beautiful car what was the engine problems with them blown head gaskets

Last edited:

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford Focus res was a beautiful car what was the engine problems with them blown head gaskets
Most 2016 and 2017 RS’s got flagged for a TSB because the head gaskets used from the factory were the wrong spec. They couldn’t handle the high compression ratios of the 2.3L config in the RS. tons of people reported blown engines, Ford didn’t seem to care, argued with owners for ages about them blowing it up with mods, only to then issue the TSB. Best part was that the TSB warranty instructions were messed up for the first many months, and specified the wrong sealant for the timing chain cover which inevitably started leaking oil soon after for lots of folks.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most 2016 and 2017 RS’s got flagged for a TSB because the head gaskets used from the factory were the wrong spec. They couldn’t handle the high compression ratios of the 2.3L config in the RS. tons of people reported blown engines, Ford didn’t seem to care, argued with owners for ages about them blowing it up with mods, only to then issue the TSB. Best part was that the TSB warranty instructions were messed up for the first many months, and specified the wrong sealant for the timing chain cover which inevitably started leaking oil soon after for lots of folks.
Holy hell sorry to hear those cars were not cheap either

Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[/QUOTE]
Dec 23rd started off with a wonderful, wet morning in Hollister Hills OHV park, but on the way home, it turned ugly quick. Came to a stop at a light, the engine abruptly quit, which is odd since I had engaged the off button for the auto stop/start for the engine. I tried to restart the engine and it sound like only two cylinders were getting spark. shut it all off, tried to restart, nothing. So I was towed to our local Ford dealership. a few hours went by then I got the call. It sucked in a valve and destroyed a piston. The dealer took pictures and is asking Ford for authorization to replace the engine. I had a whopping 2,024 miles on it when this happened in stop and go traffic. Heartbroken to say the least.

bronco towed.jpeg

rain trail 1.jpeg
So sorry to hear! I hope it get repaired and back to you soon!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What you are you talking about Willis? My 2016 RS was recalled for a head gasket and I did not have any head gasket issues but they replaced the head gasket anyway.

Last edited:

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you are you talking about Willis? My 2016 RS was recalled for a head gasket and I did not gave any head gasket issues but they replaced the head gasket anyway.
They issued the TSB in January 2018, a long ass time after the issue was well known. The TSB procedure was to compression test every affected motor: if it passed, you got an updated gasket. If it failed, you got a new small block. I’m well versed in the RS issues man, I’ve had a 2017 RS since new. My point was that Ford is incredibly slow when it comes to doing the right thing on engine failures like this.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
hm, 8/23 Build Date on the OP's
Sponsored