Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m thinking that I should move my second reservation to the dealer that has my first reservation and convert both to orders in the window. 2nd reservation is late July. 2nd reservation helps bump the dealers allocation to get my first reservation delivered MY 21.

Wait, why did I just give B6G my plan for world domination?
Moving your second reservation doesn't help them for the 21s. That would have been needed by 18 SEP.
Sponsored

Cptjockitch

Wildtrak
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your impression definitely isn’t correct. Ford has had massive issues launching almost all their new models lately. Just look at the explorer and f150...
All the other fords seem to be built on time. That’s what I meant by issues.

Methman

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer just texted me to say the got a very limited allocation. There are about 20 people ahead of me in line and they will let me know when they work through the list but it’s looking like my22. With my current truck i don’t think I can wait over year, might have to go in another direction.
Will Ford let you take over my reservation? I know FCA is allowing that on the RAM TRX. Someone no longer wanted their confirmed allocation so all they had to do was give the dealer the $1000 deposit and it was swapped. I’d be more than happy to do that for someone. I feel like I am wasting my 7/14 reservation. If anyone wants to research it. My reservation is with Lithia Ford in Boise, ID.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the bean counters have figured out some simple math.

Say Ford has 10 Broncos to sell. They charge $1 for a 2021 and $2 for a 2022 (due to a 2022 my price increase). They have the ability to build 5 this year if they worked another shift or OT. Then the remaining 5 next year. They would make $15 under this scenario.

But they instead make 3 this year (avoiding another shift/OT) and postpone the remaining 7 until 2022 my. They make $17 under this scenario.

So it makes sense financially for Ford to push as many Broncos as possible into my 2022. Higher sticker prices in 2022 and avoid higher 2021 production costs due to a shortened production season.
Meanwhile, all of the money Ford has tied up in this project is earning them nothing right now.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will Ford let you take over my reservation? I know FCA is allowing that on the RAM TRX. Someone no longer wanted their confirmed allocation so all they had to do was give the dealer the $1000 deposit and it was swapped. I’d be more than happy to do that for someone. I feel like I am wasting my 7/14 reservation. If anyone wants to research it. My reservation is with Lithia Ford in Boise, ID.
Nope. Not transferable.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I placed my reservation late because I wanted a later bronco so I could make a few more payment on my current truck. This is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I’m not sure why ordering and building the bronco is taking so long. You have almost 200000 people willing to buy your vehicle and you hurry to release the bronco sport? ?. I don’t see how the tops of the bronco could be an issue. I understand COVID-19 and all that stuff but I don’t think jeep has a shortage of hard tops and they sell more Jeep’s than the 190000 Broncos ford is having trouble getting parts for. For all those people waiting for the 2022 model year how do you know it will be on time? It almost feels like they don’t want us to buy the bronco. I’m tempted to just get a cheaper Toyota 4Runner trd pro out of spite. To be honest the bronco seems to be the only vehicle Ford is having issues with. It’s always something with the bronco and it’s getting kinda old. I don’t think it’s a supply issue I think it’s something else. Maybe ford wants to sell these bronco sports first and think we will get impatient and buy one. We all know 2022 will be delayed too so let’s stop pretending like we are ok waiting.
Its an all new design vehicle, not just a refresh, problems, like hard top design, and a new plant to build the hard tops in are not orderable on Amazon.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its an all new design vehicle, not just a refresh, problems, like hard top design, and a new plant to build the hard tops in are not orderable on Amazon.
Thank goodness.

Methman

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought about that too, but that is a lot of work. I’d have to charge a $5k admin fee...?

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Moving your second reservation doesn't help them for the 21s. That would have been needed by 18 SEP.
Second reservation is July 27. So it is before the September 18 cutoff.

Bickertjr

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 f-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most adults should be able to handle it. If they are in a situation where they absolutely NEED a vehicle then making a reservation for a Bronco to be purchased in a year probably wasn't their move in the first place.

Personally, if this pushes me into MY 22, I'm cool with that. I'm hoping for a mean green machine!
I reserved the first night within 3 hours or so of opening but i would be fine with waiting for 22 and praying for a mean green as well

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way I understand it the allocation process is going to screw lots of people.

I’m not gonna invest a lot of energy trying to figure it out or move to a diff dealer to try to get better positioning. I’m gonna order my Bronco exactly how I want it (late availability options and all). Whenever it comes it comes.

I plan to make awesome memories with it but at the end of the day it’s just a vehicle and it will wind up in a junk yard some day hahah. Can’t get too stressed out about it.

At the least however, Ford should honor ‘21 pricing or xplan or something for those who ordered in ‘21 but were forced to get ‘22s. The price jump is what I’d be pissed at the most

Cptjockitch

Wildtrak
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco uses the ranger platform engine and transmission. The 2.7 is used in the f150. Yes it’s mostly all new but it’s not. The bronco sport has different body panels than the escape and ford didn’t have issues popping those babies out. Ford should have had the roof situation done a year before even announcing the bronco. I doubt they announced it and realized they needed the roof. They have about 7 roof options on the accessories page. If ford wants us to buy these they aren’t showing it. They already designed the hard top and are using it. They simply have to make them. The company that makes the hard top probably makes other parts for ford but we haven’t heard of any other shortages just the hard tops. I’m not buying it. I think they want me to buy a bronco sport.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as I get mine before September I'm happy. They can call it 2122 year for all I care lmao...but today I heard from stiggy that "numous greens" are being planned! !!!

Now I'm like wth...show them to me now! *Would love to see Norway*....
I'm disappointed that I can only WOW (emoticon) that comment and not LOVE it also!!! LOL Add in a few !!!!!!!! also .... IN CAPS!!!! ;)