Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just going by what both company's "marketing materials" say for their respective trim levels. I'd say based on that it seems that is the intended purpose or market so that's why I drew the parallel.
True, that is what Ford is claiming. They just forgot to do anything to the trim to make it so.
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

True, that is what Ford is claiming. They just forgot to do anything to the trim to make it so.
Then there wouldn't be anything left for the Warthog/Raptor variant.

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I already know the outcome of this comparison. Bronco will crush of course. But this brings up an interesting question, what category do people think Jeep might actually win ?
My guess is extreme rock crawling where more articulation is needed, although I don't know how much the stock Rubicon offers.

Bronconheimer

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Capability and performance notwithstanding, the bronco is a much better looking vehicle. So to even out that part of the equation you'll need to take a dump on the hood of the bronco.

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is extreme rock crawling where more articulation is needed, although I don't know how much the stock Rubicon offers.
Out of the box they're going to be comparable rock crawling. The Jeep will just take crazy modifications much easier and will be less expensive to make a crazy rock crawling beast.

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of the box they're going to be comparable rock crawling. The Jeep will just take crazy modifications much easier and will be less expensive to make a crazy rock crawling beast.
I more or less agree with this... they're pretty similar in capability "out of the box" which is, in reality, all the mfgrs really care about.

I'm really excited about my Bronco but I'm going to be using it differently than my Jeep and I have realistic expectations about what it will be able to do. Will a Bronco taken to reasonable mod limits outperform a similarly equipped/modded Wrangler on the rocks? As a true moderate to lower "high end" rock crawler? Due to the IFS I have my doubts, personally, but 98% of even Badlands/Sasquatch owners who wheel (much less all the daily drivers, which will be the majority) won't push a Bronco or a Jeep to those kinds of limits.

Drop $20k worth of mods into both vehicles and I think you'd see the Wrangler start walking away from the Bronco, at least on rocks.

But I actually *want* the IFS because I'll be driving the Bronco every day and wheeling it occasionally. My TJ is moving to true Crawler status and will hopefully be trailered within a year or two. I'm looking forward to enjoying the Bronco every day. The Jeep, more of a special occasion.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same. Removed it on my 4Runner too. Sometimes a bit too interesting on road, but much much better off road.
Same same. Removed sway bar from my F150 for my visit to Moab last November and never reinstalled it. Haven’t missed it on the street at all.

Sponsored

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As some have already mentioned, the sway bar disconnect is not just for rock crawling. This youtuber have been exploring the country for the last 5 years full time. Here's what he has to say about his broken SD on his JK, and how important it is for him to get it fixed.
See timestamp 21:55

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@DubleDown Welcome to bronco6g. Congrats on your project. The previous 9 pages are pretty much how it goes around here.

i meant 8 pages, don’t give me the chairs!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Since the 3.6 is standard on the Jeep, I think the $1500 version is the eTorque version. (A kind of Electric assist on the engine.)

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

following if OP can deliver
Sponsored