Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m happy with adaptive cruise control. If I want autonomous driving I will borrow my wife’s 2021 F150 Platinum. ;)
What's the purpose of this post (and so many others like it in this thread)? Some of us don't get a car every year and wouldn't mind the new tech in our new 2021 vehicle to use when we need to drive on the occasional long distance trips. The rest of us may not have a wife with a loaded F150 :rolleyes:..

Let's face it, this vehicle is going to be 90%+ onroad for 99% of buyers. Then when one actually wants to take it offroad, they will have a capable vehicle for that too.

You know, one can easily turn this around to some of you that only want offroad goodies. Watch this.... If that's the case, then you are buying the wrong kind of vehicle. Wouldn't you be better off with a fully customized off road modded Jeep (or name your vehicle). You can get a lot of that for $50K. It might drive like crap on the road but who cares since you are only buying it for off roading, right...

What's wrong with wanting a vehicle that has some of both worlds? Geez If someone wants this tech and you don't, then why post and ridicule?? A little hazing is fine but this went a bit far, especially since it was a valid post about tech that is in the same package for other models.

I personally read all four pages because I want the Lux packages and never had a car (or even drove a car) that has this feature. So this was very informative to me. My only hope is someone would post that had some inside info if it was planned for 2022. That would be good news to know for those of us that are already on the bubble between a 21 and 22. I am sure that is all the OP wanted to know too...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP is not canceling, and is just making sure everybody is aware. Looking at the whole thread some people were not aware of this feature.
Does Drex have any useful comment/info to share or just trolling around?
Actually, you made the comment, I asked a question. Here is another; Are there any other features that the Bronco doesn't have, that were never mentioned by Ford, that you want to inform folks about? No massage seats, no auto-parking systems, no HUD, and so on, please list everything that the Bronco doesn't have, so that everybody is aware. (I would recommend taking a break from typing every few hours to minimize the chance of getting a repetitive stress injury to your hands.)

The fact that a smattering of people have some mild interest in this lane keeping feature (that is not a feature on the specific vehicle that this forum revolves around) seems a bit weak as a reason to be placing a thread in the General Bronco Topics section, unless you are one of those folks who believe that the Bronco Sport and Bronco are both Bronco's and then your topic of one having a feature and the other not having the feature makes perfect sense. Did I get it right? Do you believe Bronco and Bronco Sport are the same family and should share all the same tech features?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually, you made the comment, I asked a question. Here is another; Are there any other features that the Bronco doesn't have, that were never mentioned by Ford, that you want to inform folks about? No massage seats, no auto-parking systems, no HUD, and so on, please list everything that the Bronco doesn't have, so that everybody is aware. (I would recommend taking a break from typing every few hours to minimize the chance of getting a repetitive stress injury to your hands.)

The fact that a smattering of people have some mild interest in this lane keeping feature (that is not a feature on the specific vehicle that this forum revolves around) seems a bit weak as a reason to be placing a thread in the General Bronco Topics section, unless you are one of those folks who believe that the Bronco Sport and Bronco are both Bronco's and then your topic of one having a feature and the other not having the feature makes perfect sense. Did I get it right? Do you believe Bronco and Bronco Sport are the same family and should share all the same tech features?
Hey, be nice there. What ever happened to not saying anything if you have nothing nice to say. The OP actually DID list a feature that many people thought the Bronco had in the very $$ Lux package; which advertises lots of driver assist tech. If you don't like the feature then don't get the Lux package.

What is wrong with you people???? This is a forum to learn more about a car we want to spend $$ on, not to throw darts because they don't believe just like you. This place is just as bad as FB with all the political BS.

BTW, HUD is a cool feature for any car but we already realized that was not included. Lousy example...

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The MIDSIZED Bronco should be equipped standard with a few degrees of caster on the front spindles. That should be enough to keep you centered in a lane as long as your eyes are open.

For real can a manufacturer please build an exciting capable vehicle of any type. With zero driving aides or unnecessary electronics. Just seats, pedals, wheel, shifter, 2 or 4 (if 4 door) cupholders, and nice mirrors designed for seeing things. AND not charge a premium price for minimalism. Can you imagine what a Bronco could do if it was built like that. Maybe we need a Bronco R but street legal and not 200,000 dollars.

Sponsored

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lane centering makes long road trips so much easier. I've driven cross country quite a few times and last summer drove a car with both lane centering and adaptive cruise and you feel so much more rested the whole trip.

I hate when everyone jumps on the whole "I don't need any of those nanny gadgets on my off-road vehicle". You are literally buying a vehicle with hundreds of sensors that helps make your drive easier every second you use it. Good luck getting your Model T across Moab.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What's the purpose of this post (and so many others like it in this thread)? Some of us don't get a car every year and wouldn't mind the new tech in our new 2021 vehicle to use when we need to drive on the occasional long distance trips. The rest of us may not have a wife with a loaded F150 :rolleyes:..

Let's face it, this vehicle is going to be 90%+ onroad for 99% of buyers. Then when one actually wants to take it offroad, they will have a capable vehicle for that too.
You misinterpreted my post. They actually have incorporated many features into the new Bronco that I was not expecting. I understand the difference between lane keeping and lane centering (autonomous). The new F150 has benefited from several years of development. And my wife is trading in her older Ram for her F150. I’m not sure why the snarky comments but that was not my intention, just stating that I am pleased to have some of the newer features.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You misinterpreted my post. They actually have incorporated many features into the new Bronco that I was not expecting. I understand the difference between lane keeping and lane centering (autonomous). The new F150 has benefited from several years of development. And my wife is trading in her older Ram for her F150. I’m not sure why the snarky comments but that was not my intention, just stating that I am pleased to have some of the newer features.
Ok understood. I think after I read through 3 pages of mostly snarky comments I was ready to give some defense to the poor OP. I see your point now. Note my post above this to the other fellow. That is basically my position as I thought this was a good thread to bring to our attention.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am quite surprised that the Full Size Bronco does not have Lane Centering and only has the useless Lane Keeping, unlike the Bronco Sport. It also lacks the Stop & Go feature useful in traffic.

For information, Lane Centering is the equivalent of the basic Tesla Autopilot. Your car will drive itself on the highway, taking turns without issue and stay in the lane and slow down or accelerate as needed. Consumer reports praises the Ford Lane Centering system as one of the best in the industry, behind Tesla. I recently test drove a Bronco sport and I can confirm the Lane Centering with Intelligent adaptive cruise is game changing for long road trips.

Interestingly the more expensive Bronco full size only has basic adaptive cruise with Lane Keeping. Most people including myself find the Lane Keeping system useless and intrusive, all it does is alert you and send corrections in the steering when being too close to a lane. I always deactivate this feature on my rentals.

A lot of people on this forum do not like automated / advanced safety features and that's fine. But for those of us who like it it's disappointing to see that the much more expensive and newer Full Size Bronco doesn't have the most advanced feature of the little Sport.
Self driving cars on "manufacturer platforms" is probably a future we don't want if you like controlling your own rides.

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always funny reading these threads.

Honestly the adaptive cruise is all I really pine for and simply for road trips, it’s insane how many people don’t know how to use the regular cruise control...

I honestly don’t understand the hate on self driving vehicles, idiots that text and drive are going to do it whether they have a self driving vehicle or not, the difference is, if they have the self driving feature enabled,
it’s less likely to harm others.

Sponsored

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't know what I was missing until I got adaptive cruise control. Forget long trips. I use every single time I get on the freeway, even to go across town.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't know what I was missing until I got adaptive cruise control. Forget long trips. I use every single time I get on the freeway, even to go across town.
My wife's Explorer Limited has all the auto driving goodies. Pretty amazing how nice it can make a 2500 mile drive.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
IMO, the more nannies and gizmos vehicles get, the worse drivers become. Given that half the people out there are below average, that’s a lot of additional degradation of ability. It scares me a little.
I've been saying this for years but most people tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about.

While I'm certainly looking forward to adaptive cruise for my daily moron-filled commute, I'm a strong believer that most driver aids create worse drivers.

I don't even like ABS ?‍♂