Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zero effs given about lane centering, adaptive cruise, etc.

I’m ordering a Badlands and purposely not adding the mid or above packages to avoid as much of that jazz as possible.

That kind of tech may be important to some buyers but I’m trying to avoid it.

PEACE
Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as I have back up cameras and blind spot monitoring I'm good.

Tesla's Autopilot is pretty cool, but I only really see using it during long road trips. Kind of a waste in LA traffic IMO. I don't trust it completely yet, but its neat when a car can just follow the lane lines and keep distance from the car in front of you.

Yes I think there are some things that should have been standard, or included in the mid and high packages, or at least stand-alone offerings, like a wireless phone charger. But as others have pointed out, this isn't a cruiser, it's a off-road vehicle with the money and focus going towards off-road things.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another example of enabled stupidity with these car nannies: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/tesla-driver-napping-alberta-speeding-1.5727828

Here’s a point to ponder: my insurance guy asked if I was getting lane keeping as an option when I bought my 2019 F150. I said no, and he said that that was good and said he had a personal experience that scared the shit out of him.

While driving with his wife and young kids in his SUV that had the lane keeping activated, He was being overtaken on a 2-lane highway by a nutter doing a hairball move with an oncoming semi closing fast. My agent realized that nutter wasn’t going to make it and decided he needed to take the ditch to avoid death. He tried to swerve into the ditch and the SUV would not let him do so. The nutter threaded the needle (fortunately) with an impossibly close call. He’s turned his off every drive since.

IMO, the more nannies and gizmos vehicles get, the worse drivers become. Given that half the people out there are below average, that’s a lot of additional degradation of ability. It scares me a little.

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm somehow ok with driving the vehicle myself.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank Gawd it doesn't have any more tech than it does. It'd be nice if they offered a "heritage" edition without all the driver aids and electronic bullshit.

Sponsored

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lux has adaptive cruise control. which on fords site advertising lane centering.

Not sure if it will carry through though

On the website there's adaptive cruise control and intelligent adaptive cruise control which is the one that includes all the other features like lane centering and speed limit reading.

"Available on select Ford vehicles is a series of Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) features employing advanced radar and camera technology.10 ACC lets you set a cruising speed and distance from the vehicle ahead of you. When it slows down, you automatically do too; when traffic picks back up, you resume your preset speed and distance. Then comes ACC with Stop-and-Go, which enables you to come to a complete stop when the vehicle ahead stops. * Now add Lane Centering, which scans the lane markings to help you stay in your lane if the system detects you’re drifting out of it. And that’s not all. Now there’s Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control, which includes all of these features plus new Speed Sign Recognition that can automatically adjust the set speed of your vehicle to the posted speed limit."

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am quite surprised that the Full Size Bronco does not have Lane Centering and only has the useless Lane Keeping, unlike the Bronco Sport.

For information, Lane Centering is the equivalent of the basic Tesla Autopilot. Your car will drive itself on the highway, taking turns without issue and stay in the lane and slow down or accelerate as needed. Consumer reports praises the Ford Lane Centering system as one of the best in the industry, behind Tesla. I recently test drove a Bronco sport and I can confirm the Lane Centering with Intelligent adaptive cruise is game changing for long road trips.

Interestingly the more expensive Bronco full size only has basic adaptive cruise with Lane Keeping. Most people including myself find the Lane Keeping system useless and intrusive, all it does is alert you and send corrections in the steering when being too close to a lane. I always deactivate this feature on my rentals.

A lot of people on this forum do not like automated / advanced safety features and that's fine. But for those of us who like it it's disappointing to see that the much more expensive and newer Full Size Bronco doesn't have the most advanced feature of the little Sport.
I don’t want Lane centering. I watch where the hell I’m going, with both eyes on the road and both hands on the wheel.

i want all those dumbasses in the road with me to have lane centering. If I had a dime for every one of them who fades into my lane in every curve - I’d have enough dimes for the Squatch and Luxe.

seriously, drivers in the NJ-NY-CT area think they’re great. They’re actually garbage. And you will never see a cop enforcing anything other than 2-for-1 donut day at the local Dunkin. They have utterly forsaken our highways. It’s Mad Max out there.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, I think yall are missing the point. The main benefit would be to reduce fatigue on the long road trips where you're doing hours and hours of straight mindless driving to get to all the great trails. Im in Houston and most of the good stuff like colorado is at least 18 hours away. It's nice to have these things and when you get to the trails, disable all the nannies and take full control. This is not a complaint, just an observation to a lot of your negative responses to this topic.