Bronco fatigue

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm sure Ford can empathize with your deprivation. First the UAW spills the beans on a new model a year ahead of your intended PR release, then a global pandemic that halts the assembly of your production line (not to mention the work stoppages of the third-party OEM parts providers) spoils your schedule. Millions of dollars lost, and additional millions in unpredictable cost overruns. Go on record as suspending dividends from your stock. Meanwhile, whiny Internet critics piss and moan about the color options, drink holders, and their perceived ill-timing/naming/capabilities of an otherwise unrelated vehicle in the product line.

I can see how that pales in comparison to not being able to Uber to the dealer and come home a couple hours later with a new $40-$60+k vehicle. It's like they methodically planned everything just to torture us, get us angry with them for not providing our new toy on schedule in the face of unprecedented conditions. It's probably a marketing trick to drive up demand. Or, their pension fund is secretly invested in Fiat and they want to piss everyone off to drive them to buying Wranglers and spike Fiat stock.

The local Honda dealer here has a bunch of CR-V's in stock - if anyone wants me to drop by there and reserve one in their name, let me know. They even have them in green, and with top options galore.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sure Ford can empathize with your deprivation. First the UAW spills the beans on a new model a year ahead of your intended PR release, then a global pandemic that halts the assembly of your production line (not to mention the work stoppages of the third-party OEM parts providers) spoils your schedule. Millions of dollars lost, and additional millions in unpredictable cost overruns. Go on record as suspending dividends from your stock. Meanwhile, whiny Internet critics piss and moan about the color options, drink holders, and their perceived ill-timing/naming/capabilities of an otherwise unrelated vehicle in the product line.

I can see how that pales in comparison to not being able to Uber to the dealer and come home a couple hours later with a new $40-$60+k vehicle. It's like they methodically planned everything just to torture us, get us angry with them for not providing our new toy on schedule in the face of unprecedented conditions. It's probably a marketing trick to drive up demand. Or, their pension fund is secretly invested in Fiat and they want to piss everyone off to drive them to buying Wranglers and spike Fiat stock.

The local Honda dealer here has a bunch of CR-V's in stock - if anyone wants me to drop by there and reserve one in their name, let me know. They even have them in green, and with top options galore.
Well it's more like 44 years deprivation. With a kick to the groin in 2004 promoting a Bronco concept vehicle which amounted to nothing. But who's counting, lol.

At least Ford is finally getting back in the open top 4x4 game - with what appears a very nice rig.

Last edited:

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I get to see a real Bronco for the first time on Wed this week. I'll drive my JKUR there. The thought of dumping a proven vehicle with tons of parts out there and a solid resale and aftermarket for one with nothing but promise is really going against my brain.
I would feel better if it just had one year of Successful assembly line production with a lack of recalls and failure.

Desmomini

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 348, Porsche 914
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My brother-in-law is waiting for a Rivian. There's some real fatigue!

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not having a car payment right now helps with the wait before I wind up with one again. And the most expensive one I've ever had by a long shot...

Sponsored

Etnadocsalev

Badlands
First Name
Nonato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Fj 17 cx 16 Cx 03 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco fatigue-the long wait,limited/too much to order options ,no test drive by potential owners,the appeal to ignorance ploy by staging videos/1/2ways write ups.No matter how we slice its my BRONCO ,get what u need,keep it simple,test drives with come and realistic experiences will prevail.Patience a virtue.No regerts !we all know there’s d businesses side in all of these.

VehiChase

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco (bought 99), 14 Xterra, 89 Daytona
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I remember when the Bronco Concept came out in 2004 I hesitated about 6 months before I broke down to buy my used Isuzu Vehicross... drove her almost 13 years and still no Bronco. Then in 2016 I bought my Xterra... seems to be getting close... but the fatigue is real! But on other news the wife has pretty much pushed me to the FE because she knows ( and has heard me ) whine about this release since I met her in 2006 ...haha

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first time I texted my dad about a new Bronco was in 2017, I was talking about it on forums in 2018 (that I know of for sure, I’m sure i talked about it earlier)

Another few months is hardly even a blip.
(Checks OP's join date ..... lol's)
I immediately bought a newer car as soon as I heard the news. It is nearly paid for now.....60 payments! Lol

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank goodness that awful spawn of Megatron didn’t make it far. Glad they got it right in the end, unlike that guy’s suit.
I actually like the 2004 concept. It’s 100% a product of its time. Compare it to the 5th gen mustang and you’ll see what I mean.

At least it got back thinking about the original 1st gen form factor vs the full size later Broncos.
I liked the '04 concept as well. Still do, though it's looking older now that the new one has come out.
Sponsored