Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I never want to talk monthly payments , and it concerns me when salespeople do. I only care about the purchase price total and current interest rates based on credit rating. APR determines downpayment amount and The monthly payment is just the math.
Good to know, gonna read this for tips and pointers now
Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any dealer would be nuts to discount at all until the supply surpasses demand. With this much built-up excitement and the "adventure" market booming Ford's timing is pretty much perfect.

My guess is either plan on paying MSRP or waiting until the pent-up demand is satiated. It will be interesting to see how long that is..

ccsami4x4

Black Diamond
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Evoque
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First ... Ford has marketed the Bronco as a direct competitor to the Wrangler, so I would argue they absolutely care about Jeep pricing (yes, I realize dealers can do their own pricing, but I am speaking to the MSRP that needs to be at a competitive price point). They are obviously testing side by side with the Wrangler, and you can bet your bottom dollar the bean counters at Ford are looking at Wrangler pricing when deciding how to best market the Bronco.

Second ... every auto manufacturer that brings a new vehicle to market is certainly looking to pull buyers away from another vehicle and toward theirs. Not sure what your rant about RAM/Promaster has to do with Jeep vs. Bronco pricing.

Fourth (since third is just your continued rant about RAM) ... the JL is available with a variety of engines, so I wouldn't focus only on the brand new diesel when comparing it to the Bronco.

I have personally bought (and know literally dozens of others who have done the same) Wranglers at the below invoice pricing...and no, I never once paid for any of the fluff you describe. I get it, lots of people fall into the traps you mention (door guards, etching, paint protection, etc.)...but if we're being fair/honest, that's across the board at any dealer for any brand. It's simply a smoke screen to mention those items when comparing pricing of Wrangler vs. Bronco.

My point stands...the Bronco, as highly anticipated as it is, will need to be appropriately priced in order to compete on a large scale. Sure, enthusiasts who love the Bronco (like myself), might buy one regardless of pricing...but those smaller numbers don't equal sustainability for a new model. You end by saying it needs to be priced fairly, which is exactly what I suggested...I simply gave some information about Wrangler/Gladiator pricing for context since I am personally familiar with those.

OP
OP
fraserjr

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the same Jeep dealer that I mentioned previously is now doing 8% below invoice for the Gladiator and 5% for the Wrangler plus $699 processing. I have been waiting a long time for the Bronco but it will be hard for me to justify the purchase if would cost me $5-10k more than an equally equipped Rubicon Gladiator or Wrangler. To @ccsami4x4 point, I have owned three different Jeeps (Commander, and two grand cherokees) but never owned a Ford. I love what we all think the Bronco could be and I would be first in line for one if it's anything like we think, but the cost especially for a first year model would definitely have to very competitive to what I am seeing from my local Jeep dealer to make the jump.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've always thought that 84 month car loans were capital R Retarded.

Heck, I felt stupid for taking a 66 month note on my Tundra.

Still, at 0% interest, I might could be talked into an 84 month note. Of course, I'd first have to be convinced that the vehicle would last at least twice that long if properly maintained.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just don't get why people give a shit about a few thousand here or there. I am paying for a vehicle that I will keep 10+ years, I'll happily pay an extra $2000 to get something that's quality. Jeep can undercut because they use shit parts. Ford hopefully won't do that.

Last edited:

Corsair84

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just don't get why people give a shit about a few thousand here or there. I am paying for a vehicle that I will keep 10+ years, I'll happily pay an extra $2000 to get something that's quality. Jeep can undercut because they use shit parts. For hopefully won't do that.
Agreed, I hope they dont use shit parts.. My ford raptor I had to replace the door lock latches multiple times. Once it dropped below 40 degrees my doors decided they didn't want to unlock from the inside. (Fun times!)

Corsair84

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, I had it fixed 4 times :/ among other reasons ended up selling the raptor. shit happens :)

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've bought from Koons Ford. There price is without dest and from 3-800$ fee, depending upon state.

This is $69679 after you add $1595 dest and $300 fee. Raptor is not as hot as new bronco will be of course, but it's still up there near the top on Fords desirability, no??

I have no idea if that's good price or not. I do know their price does not include any of the "weird" rebates you were probably not going to get anyway. If you happen to get any, they will knock it down further. I always thought they were able to do those prices off volume.

https://www.koonsfordbaltimore.com/...imore-md-de0b0d680a0e0ae9196a13aec7ab0759.htm
Sponsored