Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Purchase agreement on a Badlands for 54030 just printed from this last week after adding squatch and lux. Just got and vin and wondering if they are going to raise my price too?
You just put in an order and you have a VIN already? Where did you order from? That dealer must have magic.
Sponsored

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My EG is on Ice Mountain. I already have a window sticker. price hasn't changed on it. I just checked. If it does, I hate to say it but I will probably leave.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what about those of us that ordered first opportunity in 2021 (before March) but were code 99'd for various reasons, then reordered this past October for 2022s?

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Couldn't help but notice the word eligible being used instead of guaranteed. In the so called price protection
You're over-thinking it. Eligible just refers to those who had placed orders according to the dates listed. For example, if you ordered a 22MY in January and there is now a price increase, you are ineligible for price protection.

Price level changes are not uncommon, we used to see them typically once per quarter.

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
what about those of us that ordered first opportunity in 2021 (before March) but were code 99'd for various reasons, then reordered this past October for 2022s?
If your original order was totally canceled and then resubmitted (ie: a new 22MY order), you might be screwed. My understanding is that this only applies to 21MY orders that would not be built and then converted to a 22MY.

You can find this out by talking to your sales person or their manager. If you were given a new order number, it's probably a new order, and is likely ineligible.

Sponsored

T.S.

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll probably tap out if I get hit with a price increase. I'm note sure if I'll see a 22 but I ordered on 4/2/21 so I Just missed the deadline. I just couldn't forgive Ford if they made me re-order a 23 at higher cost. Nope..

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My build seems to have increased by $2000
[/QUOTE
I'll probably tap out if I get hit with a price increase. I'm note sure if I'll see a 22 but I ordered on 4/2/21 so I Just missed the deadline. I just couldn't forgive Ford if they made me re-order a 23 at higher cost. Nope..
What will you get instead?

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like Ford increased the price again! What does that means to folks who already placed the order?

Base: $30,800/$34,700
Big Bend: $35,285/$37,380
Black Diamond: $37,950/$40,045
Outer Banks: $40,855/42,950
Badlands: $44,495/$46,590
Wildtrack: $49,780/$51,225

Updated with latest bulletin on price protection, posted by @notbuildingrockets

A bulletin was just emailed last night to employees:

To summarize price protection:

This program will run from Dec 16, 2021 - Dec 31, 2023.

Important to note are the dates listed and the fact that 100% of the price protection must be passed on to the customer, so ensure that your dealer is doing that. Ask your sales person and then ask their sales manager. Don't leave money on the table. We've already waited long enough and some of us have had mark-ups and other games played. Get every penny you can for the shit show that has been this ordering process!
Jeep's going to be getting more orders. They have to be thrilled with Ford's mess.

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

T.S.

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What will you get instead?
Good question. after I get over the depression, I'll probably start looking at jeeps, or just give up on the top off idea and get a 4 runner or defender, or who knows maybe just get a roxor for off-road only. Would def not be a ford though.

Sponsored

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In that price statement by Ford. They could of said if you placed an order by x timeframe. Then we guarantee x in return. But, Ford didn't. Ford used eligible for a reason and it wasn't for us.
That is what they're saying though. If you read my post, that's the idea.

If you are eligible, based on your order date, you pay the current price, then Ford credits the dealership the difference of the price increase from the time you ordered until the current price level, and you as a customer are entitled to that money.

So for example, I ordered a Black Diamond in October 2021, my price was locked at whatever it was, $59,000 CAD. If the price has increased to $60,000, I pay $60,000, dealership offers me a $1000 credit (as a delivery allowance) and then Ford pays the dealership.

But of course they have to use legalese like eligible and be very particular so that they don't get sued. I can't think of a scenario off the top of my head, but this type of language is very, very common in their bulletins.

Makes sense, no?

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What about the MY23 hold outs ?. we should be price protected for the colored tops

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The price increase goes along with the "wait" increase.
A bonus!
:unsure:

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What about the MY23 hold outs ?. we should be price protected for the colored tops
Was your order placed by the March 2021 deadline? If so you are price protected through MY23. And as I understand, even if you at some point gave up the painted hardtop in favor of a MIC or soft only.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So wait, Ford is backing price protection now? I thought a lot of dealers were still charging ADM...
Sponsored