First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Uhhh...no. Some of us need a capable 4WD with added off-road features and ground clearance just to make it home after work.

But I'm impressed with the Sport regardless. The Bronco Sport looks much more thought out and capable straight out of the box, as compared to the Compass, not to mention with a few choice upgrades.

But aside from all that-what's wrong with ego? If I lived in Florida again, I'd still want the FSB, just because, ok, you got me...ego. And proud of it (just my ego talking). ?
1607366330233.png
Other than the height of that mountain, this looks like the roads I had to deal with in Central MA when I was a high schooler... in my '87 Firebird Formula 350.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most people that drive a Wrangler don't need any more capable a vehicle than a Compass, or a used Subaru for that matter:

https://www.softroadingthewest.com/

A Compass, or a Bronco Sport, is probably a better vehicle, economically than the Wrangler/Bronco. The Wrangler/Bronco is a purchase based on ego for most.
Lol okay and what’s your point? Does anyone need a 500HP Challenger or 700HP Mustangs/Challengers or Camaros?

That doesn’t change the fact wanting a specific vehicle and settling for something less is exactly that, settling. If I wanted a muscle car I wouldn’t buy a Miata just because I could afford it first. Settling leads to nothing in life but regret and lost money.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m thrilled to see good reviews of the Sport - that suggests to me that the full Bronco will be great.

But I’m not here to get a Sport. My midlife crisis demands either a sports car or a bad ass truck. I’m going with the truck.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's nothing wrong with anyone's reason for purchasing the vehicle, whether it's based on need or want or ego. It's interesting, as this has popped up several times before, that people assume or presuppose a negative connotation to the use of "ego" or want instead of need. It's not a weighted comment, but people assign that when they read it because it's a self-imposed negative.

You're right, some of us "need" a low-range or off road capable vehicle. It should be obvious to anyone, Ford and Jeep don't sell most of their off road capable vehicles to people that need them. The Bronco and Wrangler aren't purchases based on need for most. That doesn't mean that it isn't a need for someone living in Eagle River, AK, or that it makes my statement untrue.
Very true, mostly just poking fun at myself. I could do alright with a Bronco Sport, but I'd rather have the full size with better ground clearance and it checks off all the ego boxes.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Other than paint colors, are there any key shared components or functionalities between Sport and big Bronco, in terms of gaining reviewer knowledge of the latter? Do they both use the same 10 speed auto?

Sponsored

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm pretty impressed by most of these reviews, may have to get this for my wife once her Forester (which we love) lease runs up. Would be cool to have both the Bronco Sport and the Bronco in our driveway.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy what you want.

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The vehicle size aside, would you think the Sport BL functions more like a cherokee than a compass? I'm surprised that it's a small vehicle....pictures seem to make it look the same size as the big bronco. Videos seem to show a pretty capable off road vehicle, at least compared to others in it's class.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Other than the height of that mountain, this looks like the roads I had to deal with in Central MA when I was a high schooler... in my '87 Firebird Formula 350.
The weather/temps here are unpredictable, which turns my long, windy driveway into a huge challenge, based on the conditions, so I could drive an '87 Firebird (nice car, by the way!) all summer, but come winter? No, unless I used chains. If I'm going to all that trouble, I'd rather have the bronco. I love the '96 I currently drive, but now is showing its age.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The vehicle size aside, would you think the Sport BL functions more like a cherokee than a compass? I'm surprised that it's a small vehicle....pictures seem to make it look the same size as the big bronco. Videos seem to show a pretty capable off road vehicle, at least compared to others in it's class.
From the reviews I watched it does seem like it is more comparable in capabilities to the cherokee even though it is smaller. And yeah I was surprised how small it was when I drove past one a few weeks ago.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, check the specs on Ford's site, the size specifically. Interesting to compare the Bronco and Sport specs side by side.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
First review I watched didn't do much for me. Emma Hall got the Sport to overheat and go into limp mode pushing hard in the dunes. I don't know what exactly happened but not a good way to start IMO.
Another review mentioned that if you really push it with the rear locker engaged it will overheat. The rear locker is clutch based not an actual rear locker so I assume those mating surfaces heat up quick.
It’s the size of a compass but comparable to the trailhawk Cherokee in capability.

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

buy the sport, and you'll always regret your decision when you see full broncos out and about.
Beyond true...
it'll be buyer's remorse level ?

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m thrilled to see good reviews of the Sport - that suggests to me that the full Bronco will be great.

But I’m not here to get a Sport. My midlife crisis demands either a sports car or a bad ass truck. I’m going with the truck.
Not too burst your bubble, but the Bronco is classified as an “SUV” not a truck.
Sponsored