UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So i checked out the Sport B&P quickly after reading a couple things on the sister site and built a Badlands. Anyone notice the Badlands package you can add to it? Kinda crazy, 2500 for a decent package. Some of the things you have to spend over 5k to get on the big boy Bronco. Also, it appears the very same RTT is 200 cheaper if you buy it on the Sport instead of the Bronco. I mean i know Fords objective is to make money and i have not been happy w the Bronco packages and which trims you have to select in order for the privalage to spend even more money on overpriced nonessentials but it was kind of an eye opener. Ford is definately taking the vender approach with the big boy... "ohh this is for a wedding... i ment it was 5k more than i originally quoted, let me adjust that price for yah."

Not to be totally negative, i do love the release so far and couldnt be more excited, just think they can do better on their packages especially w us manual peasants. (Saw the term in another thread for basers and kinda liked it. Ill wear that proudly as a badge. Work hard for our money and appreciate what we do have all the more.)
Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not too burst your bubble, but the Bronco is classified as an “SUV” not a truck.
Close enough. :cool:

No can do an F-150, they barely fit in the parking garage and street parking one of those would be pure misery where I live. Cars regularly get their mirrors sidesweeped on our congested narrow roads. And Not an option for my family needs.

Bronco best fits the Venn diagrams of Needs, wants and costs.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The weather/temps here are unpredictable, which turns my long, windy driveway into a huge challenge, based on the conditions, so I could drive an '87 Firebird (nice car, by the way!) all summer, but come winter? No, unless I used chains. If I'm going to all that trouble, I'd rather have the bronco. I love the '96 I currently drive, but now is showing its age.
No worries. Sorry, did not mean it as a zinger... but it came across that way.

Mostly, I was reflecting about how impractical and idealistic I was back then.

A Jeep would have been much better for the roads I had to deal with in the winter. Or a old Volvo/Saab, which everyone else seemed to have. But of course, I finagled my way into a "cool" '87 Firebird Formula. Got stuck in a snow bank once after spinning out. and also had ignore the 3 point turn concept in a blinding snow storm on a dirt road near Niagara Falls (on the Canada side). I had to do a hairpin turn so I would not get stuck, by simply turning all the way left, gunning it, and then hoping that the fishtailing would go just enough to turn me around, but not to much for me to lose total control.

It did hold my skis really well, and if I could avoid the pot holes, it was not too bad. The Winter tires on that thing were very ugly (thin and small). Had to put about 70 lbs in the back too.

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad, but ill pass...
First wife comment when saw it in person...
Its freaking small lol
Please..... edit you post and insert the word bronco in there somewhere.....:LOL:

Last edited:

Aussieshed

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Currently on I-5 somewhere between Portland and Seattle there's a whole lot of Bronco Sports about to be delivered and soon to be a bunch of happy people. My roomie rang and I had her stalk the truck for photos. :)
Ford Bronco Bronco SPORT First Drive Reviews Are In! 1
Ford Bronco Bronco SPORT First Drive Reviews Are In! 2
Ford Bronco Bronco SPORT First Drive Reviews Are In! 3
Ford Bronco Bronco SPORT First Drive Reviews Are In! 4

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No worries. Sorry, did not mean it as a zinger... but it came across that way.

Mostly, I was reflecting about how impractical and idealistic I was back then.

A Jeep would have been much better for the roads I had to deal with in the winter. Or a old Volvo/Saab, which everyone else seemed to have. But of course, I finagled my way into a "cool" '87 Firebird Formula. Got stuck in a snow bank once after spinning out. and also had ignore the 3 point turn concept in a blinding snow storm on a dirt road near Niagara Falls on the Canada side and do a hairpin by simply turning all the way left and gunning it.

It did hold my skis really well, and if I could avoid the pot holes, it was not too bad. The Winter tires on that thing were very ugly (thin and small). Had to put about 70 lbs in the back too.
Sure beats what I drove in 1987-
Ford Bronco Bronco SPORT First Drive Reviews Are In! 1607371952225

Not a good year for Mustang

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Close enough. :cool:

No can do an F-150, they barely fit in the parking garage and street parking one of those would be pure misery where I live. Cars regularly get their mirrors sidesweeped on our congested narrow roads. And Not an option for my family needs.

Bronco best fits the Venn diagrams of Needs, wants and costs.
Right on! The Bronco fits all the needs for me. Literally anything I want to do, the Bronco will make happen for me. I rode an f150 and while impressive(ly big), I am absolutely not a truck person. Just the turning radius alone.......
Never in a million years

Renting a jeep last year sealed the deal that the Bronco is the vehicle for me

TheDo114

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Another review mentioned that if you really push it with the rear locker engaged it will overheat. The rear locker is clutch based not an actual rear locker so I assume those mating surfaces heat up quick.

It’s the size of a compass but comparable to the trailhawk Cherokee in capability.
They must be using something similar than what's in the Ford Expedition. TFL managed to overheat the system on not so rough terrain.

Ford Expedition FX4 vs Gold Mine Hill: Will It Reach the Summit? - YouTube

4:45 for the first overheat and 9:30 for the second.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol okay and what’s your point? Does anyone need a 500HP Challenger or 700HP Mustangs/Challengers or Camaros?

That doesn’t change the fact wanting a specific vehicle and settling for something less is exactly that, settling. If I wanted a muscle car I wouldn’t buy a Miata just because I could afford it first. Settling leads to nothing in life but regret and lost money.
Very few buy those vehicles.

I love to watch videos of Mustang GT350Rs or GT500, but I drive a 6 cylinder 2016 Mustang Convertible which I got for $23K (1 year used). That is about the cost of just "carbon fiber package with painted stripes" cost on those other cars.

And you know what? Compared to the C-MAX that I originally thought was was going to buy new, my Mustang is AWESOME!

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very few buy those vehicles.

I love to watch videos of Mustang GT350Rs or GT500, but I drive a 6 cylinder 2016 Mustang Convertible which I got for $23K (1 year used). That is about the cost of just "carbon fiber package with painted stripes" cost on those other cars.

And you know what? Compared to the C-MAX that I originally thought was was going to buy new, my Mustang is AWESOME!
I own one of those vehicles and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Either way the point wasn’t really about usability. It was about saying you wanted one thing and buying something totally different lol. I can’t imagine many people settling for a Bronco sport when they were set on a Bronco.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking at how capable the Bronco Sport is helps show how capable even the Bronco BaseBase will be.. Then just add some decent meats for another level.. rear locker for next level etc

Will be awesome.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My local dealership has 2 Bronco Sports, so I went to look at them yesterday.
I was surprised that they are smaller in person than I had imagined.
I am definitely staying with the full size Bronco.
Yes the sport is surprisingly small, but the 2/4 door are not near full size. The 2 door will probably be classified compact as the 2 door wrangler is.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see someone like my sister or gf in a Bronco Sport, people who don't care but would like the look of it and while they'd never use it as intended, are assured knowing it CAN do all that

I'll stick with the Real Bronco

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands