First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not a fan of today's GM or those of the past 10 years. This Blazer is just another bad idea for a vehicle design carrying on a look that seems to have been done by a 16-year-old male. Though they never let that 16-year-old touch the powertrain, leaving it more show than go.

Someday GM will figure it out but they haven't thus far.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one said peep about Ford calling the EV F-150 a Lightning, and that has more demand than Bronco. EV are here to stay, and I think that's a brilliant move on GM's part.
It's not electrification that is the issue. The Lightning still looks like an F150 so people have no issue with that. The Mach E in no way resembles a Mustang hence the backlash, esepcially since the Mustang is still in production. Same issue with the Bronco Sport. Not saying either is a bad car they just should use a new name..

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been a lifelong Chevy guy which may not make sense given that I am a new owner of a '22 BL SAS 7-spd but with what Chevy has done to the Blazer namesake, I just could not take it any longer. See below: an early Blazer vs today's Blazer. After pasting the two images into this thread, I want to cry.

This article reminded my of what I felt when Chevy introduced the 'new Blazer' a few years back. What an atrocity. Hey Chevy: the world doesn't need another bland, fake-off road, "driving appliance"...I've already got a dishwasher....thanks though.

Aside from the new 'Vette, there are precisely zero product lines holding that company together. What a shame. The Bronco will only aid in Ford eating Chevy's lunch for the next decade and beyond. I'm stoked to be in camp Blue Oval for the first time!!
I am blue oval fan. The EV Blazer is a great looking vehicle but I agree with you. Name the EV something else (Chevy Current) and create a new off road orientated Blazer. Competition in the off road segment will end up being beneficial for consumers.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree it's sad Chevy used the name Blazer for that.

My first vehicle ever was an 1989 S-10 Blazer.

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is an atrocity and global loss to the 4x4 community. What a blatant and disgraceful decision Chevy made to call that thing s blazer. Ford isn't innocent though. Look at the mach e
Agreed to all this. Add the Mitsubishi Eclipse , as that became a 4 door as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel the same way with the "Bronco Sport" they should have used another name for that model. I'm tired of trying to explain to people that those aren't really Bronco's.
Agree. And the fact they used resources (labor, chips etc ) ahead of real broncos is ridiculous.

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been a lifelong Chevy guy which may not make sense given that I am a new owner of a '22 BL SAS 7-spd but with what Chevy has done to the Blazer namesake, I just could not take it any longer. See below: an early Blazer vs today's Blazer. After pasting the two images into this thread, I want to cry.

This article reminded my of what I felt when Chevy introduced the 'new Blazer' a few years back. What an atrocity. Hey Chevy: the world doesn't need another bland, fake-off road, "driving appliance"...I've already got a dishwasher....thanks though.

Aside from the new 'Vette, there are precisely zero product lines holding that company together. What a shame. The Bronco will only aid in Ford eating Chevy's lunch for the next decade and beyond. I'm stoked to be in camp Blue Oval for the first time!!

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2024-chevy-blazer-ev-photo/

1655148821549.png

VS

1655149180979.png
download.jpeg

Hahaha! 🤣😉👍

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is an atrocity and global loss to the 4x4 community. What a blatant and disgraceful decision Chevy made to call that thing s blazer. Ford isn't innocent though. Look at the mach e
To be fair, Mach E is technically a new nameplate that was bastardized from the Mach 1.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel the same way with the "Bronco Sport" they should have used another name for that model. I'm tired of trying to explain to people that those aren't really Bronco's.
They’re trying to create a “family” of the nameplate, and utilizing a version of a familiar name is the easiest way to attract new and old buyers of the brand alike. Called marketing 101, Fords interest is to make money, not make people on a forum happy. As most of us already know.

Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's not electrification that is the issue. The Lightning still looks like an F150 so people have no issue with that. The Mach E in no way resembles a Mustang hence the backlash, esepcially since the Mustang is still in production. Same issue with the Bronco Sport. Not saying either is a bad car they just should use a new name..
The Mach-E looks plenty like a Mustang, I think, lots of design cues. It's about brand recognition, what the enthusiast crowd "thinks" a particular nameplate should look like really doesn't matter.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair, Mach E is technically a new nameplate that was bastardized from the Mach 1.
"mustang" mach e. its a sporty crossover/sedan like the new blazer

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the whole Mustang Mach e is Ford trying to ready the public for it going ALL electric in just over ten years from now. And Ford needs to bring the Mustang along for the ride, so there's the Mustang Mach e, then there will be a hybrid Mustang, then a full boat electric Mustang. A sleeker performance beast then the Mustang Mach e which will be the platform it's derived from.

But lower and sleeker.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They’re trying to create a “family” of the nameplate, and utilizing a version of a familiar name is the easiest way to attract new and old buyers of the brand alike. Called marketing 101, Fords interest is to make money, not make people on a forum happy. As most of us already know.
Even marketing professionals can make horrendous marketing decisions.
Sponsored