redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it is a 4-dr, in a weird way, it is special. The '21 WT 4-dr dealer mannequins came with a soft top. A '21 WT that was ordered didn't have that option. The softie option only was available for '22. There are about 3000 Ford Dealers. Not everyone received a WT. Ford won't release the population data of production for the 6G. But one can surmise that the population of '21 WT with a softie is well below 3000.

Now, a soft top doesn't make a vehicle special. But how it was built and the list of standard items on the window sticker won't change.
Cool facts to know, Ken. 😁 I would like to see the actual production numbers. It would be nice to see how rare certain "builds" are. Watching it all unfold it was always baffling how certain ones would be built and then others not. Certain options and trims would be rarer than others. With how much the goalposts moved in the beginning it is a wonder how anyone got a build. :LOL:

With all that said the WT in question was a 2DR, MIC top, Carb Grey. It was the only 2DR around here for a very long time. I only see 5 or 6 now a days, including mine.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Cool facts to know, Ken. 😁 I would like to see the actual production numbers. It would be nice to see how rare certain "builds" are. Watching it all unfold it was always baffling how certain ones would be built and then others not. Certain options and trims would be rarer than others. With how much the goalposts moved in the beginning it is a wonder how anyone got a build. :LOL:

With all that said the WT in question was a 2DR, MIC top, Carb Grey. It was the only 2DR around here for a very long time. I only see 5 or 6 now a days, including mine.
Granger’s mannequin was a 2 dr as well. They had that and a 4 door floppy top Big Bend that Jay put new wheels and 35’s on.

SvgOne

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr, 2021 Jeep JLUR Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Absolutely, few people are willing to pay a premium for aftermarket modifications (except in rare cases) and dealers certainly won't give you a dime more for any aftermarket modifications (ford performance tune, stereo upgrades, wheels, tires, suspension mods, etc). Having just traded in a 2023 Bronco - I ripped out every single upgrade and it didn't affect the trade in value.

My heavily modified 2021 is worth 50% of its sticker price because I have put 87k miles on it. Modifications add zero to the value, but since I plan to keep it long term, I am ok with that... The truth is that I have a $50k+ Bronco that's worth $25k to the market, but still worth 50k to me.
I have worked for dealers off and on in my automotive career, not in sales. There are times, even when you are not in sales, but are still privy to the numbers. Many times I have watched a dealer give "book value", based on the VIN number, then turn around and up the selling price because of the upgrades, even if aftermarket. Saw it multiple times. Customer would ask sales guy why used vehicle was priced 5k over the one used down the street. Sales guy would point out all the upgrades. It's ironic they won't give you extra on trade-in yet they will get the extra when they sell it.

Sponsored

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base may come back once the higher end Broncos start sitting on the lot.

But as long as they sell all they can make, its not coming back.

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After lurking and searching (but never ordering) I finally secured a 2023 2-Dr Bronco in what amounts to the “new” base model. It’s a Big Bend and I suppose made shortly after they decided to do away with the cloth which worked great for me. Love the vinyl.

Ideally I’d have gotten a Black Diamond but super happy with the Big Bend as I ended up finding this one brand new under MSRP so things are definitely changing. Had to sacrifice the aux switches which I really would have preferred but can live without. Vehicle is for college student who got full scholarship. Will use as a daily driver with enough off road for camping, trails, etc but no crazy off road rock crawling

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered my 2 door BaseSquatch on launch day +1 with the only options being auto trans, Sasquatch package, and aux switches. It was delivered Feb 2022 and the dealer honored sticker AND price protection which made it a $36k truck. What an incredible value.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What are the biggest changes to model year '24 from previous model years?

Sponsored
First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What are the biggest changes to model year '24 from previous model years?
Biggest consumer notable changes to me are 1) Larger infotainment screen now is standard on all trims (no 7" screen) and 2) Vinyl seats now as standard with leather option on some trims (no more cloth seats).

I wish they'd have eliminated the sunglass holder and made the Aux switches standard feature.

Outside that most of the changes were to streamline trims/options which was a smart move on their part to make production more streamlined.

4X4XFAR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, GT500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered my 2 door BaseSquatch on launch day +1 with the only options being auto trans, Sasquatch package, and aux switches. It was delivered Feb 2022 and the dealer honored sticker AND price protection which made it a $36k truck. What an incredible value.
Same here . . .

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The base Bronco made long-term economic sense under two conditions:

1. You keep it stock, with plans to trade within the next five years.
2. You modify with aftermarket parts to make it more like a Badlands/Wildtrak or the rig of your choice, and you keep it forever (or past the bottom of the depreciation curve, let's say 10 plus years.)

If you have a Base plus a lift, wheels, winch, etc, your rig will still come up in the books (i.e. the Manheim comps that dealers use) as a Base. You don't get credit for those modifications, and you may be financially penalized for them. "No problem, I'll sell privately to another enthusiast!" That could work, so long as the second buyer recognizes a modified Base is still a Base in resale terms...but maybe they are ones who tell themselves "I'll never sell this! This Bronco is mine until I die!

A$50k Badlands is a $50k commodity (plus normal market depreciation, of course.)

A $30k Base is a $30k commodity.

And a $30k Base with $11k in modifications is also a $30k commodity.
True...sad, but true. I have lived all sides of this.
You'll never recoup dollars or usefulness of $11k in mods. You might recoup $4k worth of mods in usefulness.
But if having a $30k Bronco with or without mods brings you joy, you win.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Saw a Heritage Limited at Costco yesterday, looked at build and price.

What the hell. $71,000 for what's basically an Outer Banks with painted bits? What is this dick move Ford is pulling with the Heritage/Heritage Limited "you can get mid package in any color, but high/lux requires either tan or light blue... and we're only making 1966 of those."

For $71,000 you get SO LITTLE compared to literally any other Ford, feature-wise. It's the same radar-only adaptive cruise as a 2013 Fusion, headlights and stereo are underwhelming, no ventilated seats, no power adjustable pedals/column, no memory seats/mirrors, no rain sensing wipers...

*Ruh ruh it's an offroader not a luxury car* These spend 99.99% of their time on the road. A 70k Bronco should be able to match a 50k SUV in features, with 20k leftover for the offroad parts.

You're paying out the ass to get pseudo-1960s styling with 2010s tech in a 2024 vehicle. For comparison, 71k will get you an F150 Platinum supercab with BlueCruise, active park assist, and massaging seats. Full-range ACC is an $800 option on the Sport Big Bend. Why is it nerfed so hard on Bronco?
Sponsored

Last edited: