First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm in the Central Valley too, and have stated the same thing on multiple posts. I'm willing to travel anywhere in the state (or a closer state actually) to pick it up. If you come across anything solid keep me in mind; I'd be willing to even see if we could get a discount for just the two of us if it got even closer.
Let's get a list together, also a suggestion on designated drop off location (i.e. like Barstow). Barstow has plenty of open space for unloading, easy access, centrally located (w/o coming near any city congestion). What do you all think?

Drop-off location???
1: Barstow
2:
3:

Shipping list???
1: KJR50
2: @igotnoclevername
3: @21BroncoFlyer
4: @JonD
5: @TommyTwoTone
6:
Sponsored

Last edited:

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm in the Central Valley too, and have stated the same thing on multiple posts. I'm willing to travel anywhere in the state (or a closer state actually) to pick it up. If you come across anything solid keep me in mind; I'd be willing to even see if we could get a discount for just the two of us if it got even closer.
I'm in the Fresno/Clovis area and I just switched to Kearny Mesa in San Diego as they are honoring the X-Plan pricing model. Serramonte Ford in SF is honoring the same deal, but a 1 hr $59 flight on Alaska Air to San Diego makes it easier. Both reps have been here and have been straight shooters.

wolf2600

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Group buy for what? They have the best plan. Fly out drive back. Its about the Journey!!????
Except you probably don't want your engine break-in miles to be all constant RPM on the highway.

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except you probably don't want your engine break-in miles to be all constant RPM on the highway.
A Granger crawl to Wichita, Kansas. Oil change. then off to Omaha Ne.

Sponsored

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we know how many norcal vs socal granger orders there are? I know reservation/production dates are a variable but I wonder if there are enough socal orders to support separate norcal and socal delivery locations?

I have an October res for the 2k under invoice deal and I'm in SoCal.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From previous posting, there’s not much interest on the shipping option. It’s ~$90 to fly out to IA, I guess we’re all driving back.

Gipper24

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I saw one of the pop up for CO and was curious if there was the same level of interest here. Sounds like a great way to take advantage of Granger's incredible deal and save on shipping together.

Full disclosure: I'm deployed currently and can't set this up if there is interest, but think it's something we should look into if we can get enough people on board.

Keep in mind, some of these dealers have lifetime power train warranties, which, for a new model is GOLD. However, you have to take it TO THAT DEALER, when something goes wrong.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@wolf2600 that's what I was thinking. Best to burn this sucker in on short jaunts, yeah?

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isn’t there a rule or law in CA about buying a car and bringing it back into the state when it is new? When I bought my 2013 Edge, I seem to remember some difficulties when I researched buying it out of state.

Does anyone have experience doing this previously? I have yet to reserve, but if the process is painless, I could buy in Iowa and ship or drive to CA.

Sponsored

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn’t there a rule or law in CA about buying a car and bringing it back into the state when it is new? When I bought my 2013 Edge, I seem to remember some difficulties when I researched buying it out of state.

Does anyone have experience doing this previously? I have yet to reserve, but if the process is painless, I could buy in Iowa and ship or drive to CA.

Here you go:
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/file/...le-from-out-of-state-nonresident-vehicle-pdf/

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Buying new out of state can be done. With Granger, only Ford Credit can be used to finance the vehicle (you can refinance once Calif registration docs are issued), once the car is in Calif, you will need to complete DMV paperwork, get a smog test, and pay state sales tax, license registration, and the other fees that apply to buying a new car in Calif.
Sponsored