First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was kinda just joking in jest, because it’s worked for several people I know, and me (hopefully here soon). But it all comes down to allocations, call and ask if they have a bunch of allocations, if they aren’t forthcoming, probably not. But it’s worth a shot if they do 😊
Well this may actually work. Just stopped by the commercial truck dealer. They only have around 25 Bronco orders and their current allocations are 15. A few of the orders are Sasquatch and hard tops. And depending allocations the next round I may get built before the summer.
Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well this may actually work. Just stopped by the commercial truck dealer. They only have around 25 Bronco orders and their current allocations are 15. A few of the orders are Sasquatch and hard tops. And depending allocations the next round I may get built before the summer.
That’s how it was at my dealer. 15 orders and 20 something allocations. I ordered no res end of January, and they already got me a vin and a March build date. I forget the allocation formula, but I remember it seemed to favor commercial dealers with lower passenger volume, so long as they sold a good amount of trucks.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s how it was at my dealer. 15 orders and 20 something allocations. I ordered no res end of January, and they already got me a vin and a March build date. I forget the allocation formula, but I remember it seemed to favor commercial dealers with lower passenger volume, so long as they sold a good amount of trucks.
Aren't allocations issued quarterly??

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Aren't allocations issued quarterly??
I believe weekly, but don’t quote me I could be totally off. Blue oval forums has a really good thread about allocations if you just Google I think it’s 2nd or 3rd result.

OP
OP
TheKoten

TheKoten

Outer Banks
First Name
Koten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you know if we are still able to transfer our order from one dealership to another? I would totally transfer my order to the your dealership in that case.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you know if we are still able to transfer our order from one dealership to another? I would totally transfer my order to the your dealership in that case.
That I'm not sure of. Since reservations apparently don't mean squat anymore toy might add well place a whole new order.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't read all the replies here, but if you do not need the 7pin connecter that comes with the tow package you can drop that and get a hitch and 4 pin connector from the after market or even the parts counter it seems. Apparently there's a chip involved somewhere with the 7pin, holding things up. If you only need the hitch for a bike or cargo carrier and not for towing, you can easily install a hitch mount yourself too or get one for cheap installed.
Everything else you just have to decide what you really want. I'd have never given up the 2.7 for example, no matter how long it takes.

But also look around what dealers in your area might have in dropped orders, not all charge crazy over MSRP (my dealer sells everything at MSRP) and you might just get lucky there. Or maybe pick up on that's not exactly your dream Bronco, but fine, drive that and trade it in when your custom order comes in.

Good luck!

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So long as you don’t have a VIN already, you can just call ford and switch res.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
August. 2020 reservation. Was advised by Ford to hold off ordering until 2022 MY opened up since I did not order before March 2021. Ordered Oct 2021. BL two door , 2.7, auto, lux MGV, no tow no Sasquatch. In January 22 changed my order from 2.7 to 2.3 for two reasons. One, reports of 2.7 failures. Two, drove an Explorer Timberline with the 2.3. Was pleased. When I went to make the order change my dealer showed on the Ford order site, my Bronco was in preview status. Dealer contacted Ford rep to see if change could be made and if so, would it delay delivery. Three days later I returned to dealer to sign new order and price paperwork for 2.3 order. Dealer showed me my order was now scheduled to be built week of March 22. VIN was provided. Two weeks later, Ford sends email informing me my BL is scheduled to be built week of Feb 28. I admit I am a tad concerned it is being moved UP, since there are buko Broncos residing at ice mountain. Bottom line, dealer can instantly find out order status. If they say they can’t, they are simply lying.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That I'm not sure of. Since reservations apparently don't mean squat anymore toy might add well place a whole new order.
If ford would have said from the get, “hey, reservations only matter for your place in line at the dealer you choose”, I think a lot less people would be upset about the current situation.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two weeks later, Ford sends email informing me my BL is scheduled to be built week of Feb 28. I admit I am a tad concerned it is being moved UP, since there are buko Broncos residing at ice mountain.
The way we think it works, if all the components are available when your Bronco goes down the line, you get them before they start backfilling them into old Ice Mountain Broncos.

If all the components aren't available when your Bronco goes down the line, you join the Bronco stampede out on the frozen tundra, to be completed at an unknown future date.

So no way of telling if being moved up is good or bad in your case. Hopefully they get an electronics shipment that week.
Sponsored